“Fun, but kind of rushed”
Review of Dolphinaris Tulum

Dolphinaris Tulum
Ranked #21 of 87 things to do in Tulum
More attraction details
Owner description: Dolphinaris Tulum at Bahia Principe Resort combines the best features of our dolphins, with beautiful tropical surroundings.The facilities feature the innovative concept of traditional platforms that provide shallow, beach-style access to conduct interaction programs safely for any visitor.For the convenience of swimmers and observers, we have located various service areas within our facilities. These service areas include: check-in and customer service, induction hut, a new room where classes for the Trainer for a Day program are conducted and our photo & video store.
Swansea, Illinois
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 97 helpful votes
“Fun, but kind of rushed”
Reviewed October 6, 2013 via mobile

My 7 yr old and I stayed at Coba. Price was about average to get in with the dolphins. Everything felt kind of rushed and I felt it was all about taking the pictures as quick as possible. We did have fun and enjoyed this but once into looking at the pictures and hearing the prices, kind of put a damper on things. All of our pictures were cute and I really like them. Ended up paying another 170$ for 1picture ,a DVD and CD. I've done this excursion before on isla mujeres and the actual time with the dolphins was a lot more interactive. I don't remember pix being so much.

Visited August 2013
WebMasterIT, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Dolphinaris Tulum, responded to this review, November 13, 2013
Dear visitor,

Thank you very much for your visit and for your preference. It is good to know that you had a great time, and we will give your comments to the proper departments so they take care of these little details.

Our photo and video department always offer different packages with different prices, and you always decide what package you would like to get. We have professional photographers and they give you the best memory of this amazing experience.

Dolphinaris thanks you for the time you took to tell us how you felt about your dolphin experience and hopes to have you back maybe in a different location

• Polish first
York, United Kingdom
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“great experience”
Reviewed October 3, 2013

there is not much to say about this place apart from start to finish it was exellent i enjoyed every minute thankyou.

Visited September 2013
WebMasterIT, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Dolphinaris Tulum, responded to this review, November 7, 2013
Dear visitor:

Dolphinaris really would like to thank you for your preference and for your great comment. Our commitment is to offer to our guests the best Dolphin experience, like you said, from the beginning to the end. It is a pleasure to know that we actually fulfill this expectation.

Hope to see you soon in a different location when you visit back the Mayan Riviera or Cancun. Thank you so much for your visit.
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 61 helpful votes
“Bucket list”
Reviewed October 3, 2013 via mobile

Went on the 30th Sep for my birthday, had a good time. It was booked on the spur of the moment and I was glad to do so.
The pool seemed small, however was very deep and the dolphins seemed to love their trainers.
I was a little disappointed as I never managed to do the foot push- the trainer told me to point my toes, when they were meant to be flat to lock your legs, however he did try twice then a dorsal push so I was happy.
Each dolphin has its own personality, was good.
I bought a photo, but then was heavily bartered from $300 US dollars to 99 for all photos and a DVD, I declined but felt they may have lowered the $29 dollars paid for a photo if I had also declined that. A lady was paying $240 dollars for her DVD and photos so I felt really guilty I didn't say anything but she didn't speak English and I didn't speak her language.
A good day all in all... Quite expensive but ticks off a list.

Visited September 2013
Dear visitor,
We would like to share that the sizes of the dolphinarium are completely approved by Mexican NOM-135-SEMARNAT- 2004 (ECOL 135 7.4), which also matches with de American and European ones, and they dolphinariums have good dimensions for dolphins’ life.

It is great to know that you had an awesome time, we are considerate the best dolphinariums in the world, because of the good cares that our veterinarians and trainers have with the dolphins.
At our photo
and video lab we always offer different packages and prices for you, it is completely optional for you to choose the best deal.

We hope to see you soon, maybe in a different Dolphinaris location. We thank you very much for your preference and your visit.
Kortrijk, Belgium
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 34 helpful votes
“What a fantastic day!!”
Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

Me and my daughter did the trainer of the day program and it was brilliant!! We booked online and got a 25% discount wich was a great bonus. Louis was our trainer and over the whole day we had 3 dolphins, zatu, diego and flex. We learned a lot About this mammals. We did a dorsal ride, belly ride, a footh push, got a kiss, my daughter even dived,and they did could experience how dolphins are under water. I didn't, don't Like to go underwater. We could touch them and they are so soft. We danced with them, later in the day we could help giving them instrucions, how cool is that?! We got a tshirt painted by the dolphin, and each 2 free photos! The trainers love theire job and the dolphins are taking care very well!! We did buy the dvd and 119 pictures on cd for 99$. Not cheap, but what a great memory! Fantastic day and hope one day we can do this again. And oh, we didn't swimm back to Belgium but got a flight ;) so blessed we got the experience of this beautiful mammals

Dear visitor:

We appreciate so much your wonderful comments. It is great for us to receive this awesome feedback, be sure our staff will get these beautiful words, as they, together with our dophins, are the ones that make this experience so unique. You were able to see how happy and healthy our dolphins are.

Thank you very much for your preference, and hope you can visit us soon, maybe in a different location.
Swansea, United Kingdom
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 38 helpful votes
“Great experince!!”
Reviewed August 30, 2013

Five of us booked the trainer for the day package, and as we booked on-line and for a Sunday we got a good discount.
Louis looked after us for the whole day and was really great. He was knowledgeable and clearly loved his job and the dolphins.
I must say that watching the other guests come and go through the day, for the money I would have been disappointed if I had booked just the one session, as they only last about 40mins and it was a bit of a production line. Being there all day gave us great access to the dolphins and the activities, as well as the added extra of being under the water with them which was an amazing experience. We were also shown behind the scenes and were able to watch a beautiful video of a dolphin birth! I was also happy to see the bond between the trainers and the dolphins, and learned how they are regularly swapped with other dolphins in the area so they do not stay long in this quite small area, and that their trainers go with them.
I had always wanted to swim with dolphins and this did not disappoint.
I would certainly book the trainer for the day if you can afford the cost and time. Be aware that there are really good deals to be done on the pictures and DVD they take!!!!

1 Thank Patrick186466
Dear Visitor,

Thank you very much for your preference and for your great comments. It is a pleasure for Dolphinaris to give you the opportunity to share with this marvelous animals, besides that, to teach you about their environment, their food habits, behaviors, etc. Our team of trainers and veterinarians take very good care of them and do their best to keep them healthy and happy.

We thank you for visiting us, and we will continue doing our best to be the best Dolphinarium.