“Pleasant surprise”

El Gourmet
Ranked #46 of 396 Restaurants in Tulum
Cuisines: Italian, Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Description: El Gourmet Tulum is a store specialised in customising the best panini and salad ever. We also have a wide variety of cold meats & imported cheese such as speck, bresaola, prosciutto, gorgonzola, fontina, emmental, parmigiano, among others. All our bread is daily baked to be used in our sándwiches and salads or to be sold on its own. Desserts are to be tried for sure!. Really good coffee, and the freshest juices and fruit water are prepared as soon as it is ordered! The freshness and love that are used in the production is what differenciates El Gourmet from other places! Come to visit us! You will feel at home!
San Diego, California
“Pleasant surprise”
Reviewed June 19, 2013

My partner and I were in Tulum 4/20-4/27. It was our last day and we finally made it to the Tulum Pueblo. We were looking for some last minute gifts before leaving for our drive to Cancun. The shops were more of the same junk in each one. We were getting ready to leave then saw this sign that said Panini's. Stopped in to take a look...so glad we did!! But also so sad we didn't find it before our last day! We were in Italy Oct. 2012 and this place took us right back there! Amazing meat, cheese and the bread is home made from a German couple that lives in Tulum. The guy making the sandwich did so with much love and enjoyment. We enjoyed it so much! We each got one, ate half and saved the rest for the flight! Mmmmm

• Visited April 2013

Sydney
“Get the cheese platter!”
Reviewed June 18, 2013

I had lunch with a friend at El Gourmet today and it was absolutely delightful! We ordered one of the cold meat and cheese platters for 2 and every part of it was delicious. Travelling through Latin America I have struggled to find any strong flavoured cheeses... which isn't a big problem, but as someone who really enjoys Mediterranean food, fine cheeses, sundried tomatoes, olives etc. El Gourmet was the answer to my prayers! I think I could have ordered anything of the menu and would have been happy - everything sounded delicious, they used really good quality ingredients and all of the other meals that I saw looked just as good as mine. We also got coffees later in the day, which were more expensive than most in the area but also worth it.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank Liza N
“The best panini in tulum!”
Reviewed June 5, 2013 via mobile

If you want to eat a sandwich while you are in tulum this is the place to do it! Very nice coupe that owns the place and very great prices.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank AnnieandRebecca
Ludlow, Vermont
“Great Panini's and nice people!!”
Reviewed May 2, 2013

I stopped in with my wife and brother-in law and found the customers service to be excellent. The owners had no problem making off the menu panini's to fit our taste. I also noticed that the quality of the products was very very high, mostly imported and fresh as can be. I would highly reccommend this place for a quiet quick meal or as a place to get food to go. I'll definitely go back!!!

Visited March 2013
Dallas, Texas
“What a find!”
Reviewed April 28, 2013

Based on previous recommendations we went into Tulum for the day and gave El Gourmet a try. Awesome and amazing! We both had panini sandwiches that the owner recommended and they were great. A must stop!

Visited March 2013