“Lovely food, great staff!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of La Siesta

La Siesta
Ranked #165 of 386 Restaurants in Tulum
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza, Mexican
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Restaurant “La Siesta” is located in Tulum downtown, in the beautiful Riviera Maya. Surrounded by a luxuriant garden, La Siesta is a cozy and romantic place. The wide space can host big groups, organize birthdays and private parties as well business dinners and work groups.Our cuisine is simple but international, using only fresh ingredients and natural products and offering affordable prices. Our “pasta” is daily homemade: lasagna, fettuccine, ravioli and gnocchi. The fish and the local seafood (caught daily): lobsters, shrimps and a wide range of seafood that you can also taste in our famous “paella”.And the meat in the typical Mexican and Argentinean cuts, naturally grilled or tasted with the peculiar recipes of our menu.Last but not least the great pizza, obviously cooked in the wood stove. All the menu can match with our varied wine cellar, a refreshing beer or a special cocktail.We also offer the home delivery service from 1 pm to 11 pm; no extra charge in downtown and 20 pesos for each delivery for the hotels located on Tulum beach.
Chesham, United Kingdom
“Lovely food, great staff!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 31, 2013

We visited La Siesta one evening as an escape from our Hotel complex and were not disappointed. The location is ok in the heart of Tulum, great garden to sit and enjoy the nightsky. Food really lovely - my daughter was craving pizza and wasn't disappointed! We had great Italian food, lovely attentive staff, yummy modelo especial (several) and all in all great value for money. Give it a go!

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Great Pizza!--they also deliver if you're feeling lazy”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2013

My boyfriend and I were staying at the Beach Tulum Hotel on the beach and were feeling a bit lazy after soaking up sun all day---so we opted to have food delivered. The hotel recommended the food at La Siesta and it was great!

La Siesta is in the town of Tulum, so it was great that they delivered to the beach. The pizza is cooked in an outdoor stone oven. You may be wondering... why order pizza when in Mexico?! We were lazy and this place had great reviews and I definitely recommend this place! It was so good, we ordered from La Siesta twice! Once night we ordered pizza/calzones and a second night we ordered pasta which was also delicious! The price was also a nice break from the restaurants directly on the beach.

Los Angeles, California
“Tulum experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2013

The first time I ate at La Siesta was the first day when I arrived in Tulum. I had some wonderful appetizers and pizzas. The beef carpaccio pizza was outstanding. The service and the ambiance of the place were very comfortable. The best thing is, I met 6-7 new friends that night. Including the gracious owner Lily, there were people who were just passing through and had stopped to say hello, a couple were dinners sitting next to our table.....
If anyone who wants to visit Tulum, I recommend La Siesta wholeheartedly. I will go back again and again!
Tao from Los Angeles

San Antonio, Texas, United States
“Great Food! Great Staff!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2013

Great place for italian food in Tulum. The pizzas are fantastic they have a great variety to choose from or they can make it to your taste. You also need to try the pastas and do not forget to order a limoncello. La Siesta has a great atmosphere with good music playing at all times. It is a place to enjoy an evening out with friends and family. The wait staff will cater to your needs and I recommend you ask for Efrain. A meal I guarantee you will enjoy!

Philadelphia, PA usa
“Great pizza & nice staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2013

This place is totally unassuming and almost strange, but go! It's delicious! The staff is very nice, the food is good and it's got funky Tulum charm. Looking forward to my next visit. Favorite pizza in Tulum, I've tried almost all of them.

Visited August 2013