“Amazing explore trip/Impresionante exploración”
Review of Yucatan Outdoors

Yucatan Outdoors
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: We are committed to nurture and protect this sacred space through education, inspiration and sustainable tourism. We are a Mexican specialist outdoor adventure company that offers inspiring wilderness experiences. Escape into the beautiful remote regions of the Sian Ka'an Biosphere Reserve (a UNESCO World Heritage Site), with experienced guides leading you and providing you an outstanding outdoor experience. Sea Kayak courses - Kayak Adventures - Coral Reef Snorkel Trips- Wilderness Expeditions - Birdwatching Tours - Biking Trips - Natural Photography.
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Amazing explore trip/Impresionante exploración”
Reviewed August 21, 2014 via mobile

This was the most astonishing thing I have ever done, my wife and I went got new experiences by kayaking in a very exclusive lagoon with exotic birds and snorkeling in an open zenote and a beach with lots of coral and fish./ Este ha sido el viaje que más me ha gustado, mi esposa y yo tuvimos nuevas experiencias haciendo kayak en una laguna exclusiva observando aves exóticas y haciendo snorkel en un zenote abierto y en una playa con mucho coral y peces.

Gracias Antonio y Jessica.

Fort Atkinson, Wisconsin
“A day you'll be talking about for years to come!”
Reviewed August 6, 2014

There are so many cool and unique things to do when visiting the Mayan Riviera coast, but our day with Antonio exploring reefs, cenotes, caves, and the Yucatan jungle wildlife was by far one of our most favorite experiences and memories traveling to this wonderful paradise. If you're looking for something a little different than your average "tour"…something special…then go email Jessica and Antonio already! Seriously. Did you write them yet??? Just do it! Ok, I will say that if you just want to lay on a beach, snorkel for 30 minutes, and drink a ton then stay at your resort; this is not the kind of adventure Yucatan Outdoors is offering. But, if you want an exploration that is customized to where you want to go, what activities you want to do, and what you feel comfortable doing, then plan a trip with Yucatan Outdoors.

My wife and I wanted more of a snorkeling adventure, not like the short 1-hour or less tours with a big group of people that we had been on before. Wow, Antonio went way beyond our expectations! We started out in a more open-mangrove cenote early in the morning, then drove and snorkeled at the reefs of two other beaches (one at a local turtle sanctuary), and five more unique cenotes after that! That's not to say we packed it all in a few hours. We spent a lot of quality time at each location (we never felt rushed for a second) and throughout the entire day Antonio was pointing out so many interesting things about the local wildlife…everything from birds, to ocean life, plants, you name it! He truly was an expert about the wildlife and culture of the area and answered every question that came to mind! We also stopped a few times for a quick healthy snack / water that he brought along and we had a wonderfully delicious homemade mexican picnic lunch outside one of the cenotes we visited as well. What my wife and I loved the most about the whole day though was how comfortable and welcomed Antonio made us feel. It was like spending the day with a good friend, not just a random tour guide that was assigned to us, and he had a very "go with the flow" attitude that was a great match with us. Not only that, but Antonio drove us all the way back to our resort (Barcelo Maya Tropical) at the end of the day, which was about a 25 minute drive for him from Tulum. If that isn't pure kindness then I don't know what is. And the cherry on top of the Sundae were the neat videos he shot with a GoPro throughout the day that were sent to us shortly after returning from our vacation. Honestly, I could go on and on talking about how awesome this trip was, but you should just contact them to book a date and see for yourself! The Maya Riviera is one of our most favorite places to visit, and I guarantee a day spent with Antonio and Jessica is one of the best things you could do on your next trip there.

Visited July 2014
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“A beautiful wxperience”
Reviewed July 20, 2014

Incredibly informative and friendly, Antonio and Jessica made is feel at home immediately and then took us to see some of the most beautiful and amazing sights of my life. A refreshing difference from the usual tourist guides, Yucatan Outdoors were honest, informative, helpful and fun.
Will definitely be booking anther tour on our next visit.

Visited May 2014
Sykesville, Maryland
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“A great way to explore the Yucatan”
Reviewed July 18, 2014

Let me just start by saying that we did not just have a guide for our adventure, we met a new friend in Antonio, who took true joy in showing us this beautiful region and sharing his wealth of knowledge. Our day exceeded our expectations in every way.

My family and I traveled to Tulum for, what for us would be a one and only chance at a big, international vacation as a family. We like to get away from crowds and explore the areas we visit. We did a lot of research before we traveled and it seemed there were no real options to get away from it all. All we were finding were the big touristy excursions. Then we found Yucatan Outdoors.

Our day included Kayaking on a laguna that is owned by the local community (we were alone on the laguna), snorkeling in different cenotes along the Sac Actun underground river system, and finally, snorkeling on a section of the reef that is reachable right from the beach. By the end of the day, we were in complete awe of the things we saw. And, in the best measure of what is a good day of adventuring, were completely exhausted.

The next time we get down to Tulum, we are biking the Yucatan with Antonio!

Muchas gracias, mi amigo!

Visited July 2014
Rochester, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“The right guide makes all the difference!”
Reviewed June 27, 2014

Antonion took me, my wife, and my children (12, 15, and 17) on a day long trip around "paradise," as he says.

First, we kayaked in the early morning on a laguna, with Antonio gently sharing his deep understanding of the ecosystem while we paddled. We learned about the interconnection of the lagoons, beaches, cenotes, and reefs, and about many of the birds and plants in the area.

Next, we went to Casa Cenote and snorkeled. This cenote, right by the beach, has more fish than most, which was great. Plus, it's long and intriguing. All cenotes are different, and Antonio stressed this by taking us to Nicte Ha at the end of the day, which is amazingly beautiful with an overhanging cavern and floating water lillies.

The other stop was snorkeling on a reef, which was also beautiful.

The best part is Antonio himself: calm, warm, knowledgeable, flexible... just a great guide to paradise, with a definitely eco-sustainability bent to his rhetoric (good for me).

Our food for the trip was included, and was another plus. Fresh fruits, nuts, interesting local snacks, and then a lunch that was delicious and fulfilling without being filling, letting us keep right on going.

Visited June 2014