“Whale shark tour was the best vacation ever! Virginia is the best!”
Review of Riviera Adventours

Riviera Adventours
More attraction details
Owner description: Rejuvenate your body, clear your mind and lift your spirit when you reconnect with your senses while you join us as we explore the waters and jungle of the Riviera Maya. In which ever expedition you choose, you will have the opportunity to de-stress, reconnect with your senses and get into your element - it will be an experience of a lifetime that you will never forget! With over (31) years experience exploring the Yucatan Peninsula, our expeditions will give you the opportunity to get to know the wonderful Riviera Maya on a personal basis. We are a local small family business. We offer you private and or small group Expeditions. Our tours are a more rewarding and personal experience, including Small and/or Personal tours which include Swimming with the Turtles; swimming in a beautiful Natural Aquarium amongst a large variety of Tropical fish; a trip into the mysterious Mineral filled depths of one of the World's Largest Underground River and Cave Systems, Snorkeling in the Mesoamerican Coral Reef; visiting the ancient mystical and awe inspiring Tulum, Coba, Chichen Itza and Ek Balam Mayan ruins; or snorkel amongst the Whale Sharks for a surreal, once in a lifetime experience; immerse yourself within the peaceful and tranquil serenity of the Sian Ka'an Biosphere or visit the Flamingos at Rio Lagartos. All of our Expeditions include a minimum of four locations each (Most others are two locations for the same price), Fruit, Coffee and a Pastry in the morning, Snacks, Cold Beer, Water, Juice, Soft Drinks throughout the day, Lunch and Round-trip Air-conditioned Transportation and top notch dive quality snorkel equipment. Most of our tours include a (4) course meal at the World Famous “Oscar & Lalo Restaurant, Bar & Grill”. We can also provide you with a private or custom expedition for any of our tours and activities. We look forward to sharing this beautiful paradise with you and having an other Amazing day! Relax and let us be your guide!
Reviewed August 18, 2011

Virginia was, simply put, the best. She really went out of her way to make sure that my kids had fun. We met Virginia at Oscar & Lalo, while we were having dinner. It’s amazing how things happen, but, somehow we overheard her talking to someone else about the Whale shark tour and before we knew it, the very next day, my husband and I were having the time of our lives, along with our son and daughter, in the crystal clear Caribbean!
Our daughter is a great swimmer, but our six year old son is still learning. No problem. Virginia threw a life jacket on him and jumped in the water with him. Poor Virginia, our son was on her shoulders for the first few minutes. Good thing Virginia is a great swimmer, especially considering that she was not wearing a life jacket. Finally, our son got into the flow and started to paddle on his own. Virginia was like a fish in the sea. She really guided all of us to the best spots for viewing these majestic animals and all of the other sea life.
We had many Kodak moments and made many new friends on this trip to Mexico, but Virginia definitely holds a dear place in our heart! We will be back to the Cancun area in December, and we will definitely be contacting Virginia once again. I would highly recommend Virginia to anyone!

There are newer reviews for Riviera Adventours

Reviewed August 18, 2011

My husband and I only planned to go to the Cancun area, days before the actual trip. We got to our hotel and slugged around in our room and pool for a day. We were only going to be in Mexico for four days, so we started to get anxious, almost immediately. Real easy to get complacent when you are in an all-inclusive hotel, especially a five star. But, we needed to do something active. We needed to see something different. So, we started checking the internet and found the Trip Advisor website. Did some minimal additional research and found Riviera Adventours.
We contacted Riviera and sent them an email. Within minutes, we had a reply from Virginia. We told her that we were only in Mexico for four days and wanted to see a lot and do something active. She found a spot for us for the very next day.
We went to Tulum, Zip-lined, went to Dos Ojos, had a wonderful lunch and headed over Akumal, then followed that with Yalku.
I’m a good swimmer, but was a little apprehensive when we went into the Dos Ojos Cenotes. I guess the main reason for the nervousness was the fact that we first went into the cool water, only to be followed by entering into a dark cave. Once my body got used to the water and lighting, I was fine and really enjoyed the cenotes.
The Sea turtles were also a nice surprise. We got to see them both in the beach and in the lagoon. We also got to see some Manta rays and schools of tropical fish.
We highly recommend Virginia to anyone that wants to take a tour in the Tulum, Mexico area. She really makes you feel as if you are visiting family. Hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed August 16, 2011

Without a doubt, the BEST DAY OF OUR TRIP! Had it not been for Riviera Adventours, this trip would have been your typical work trip to an exotic land, without the excitement. For most of our stay in Mexico, we were pretty much isolated in the all-inclusive Iberostar Tucan Hotel. Don’t get me wrong, as I said in the beginning, this is still exotic, and the Iberostar is magnificent. But, literally one day before we all went home, most of us went on tour with Riviera Adventours that was off the charts!

We got to see the Tulum Mayan ruins. Now, I had already been to these ruins with my husband, on a prior trip, but it does not get old to see them again and again. Although, I have to say, I do not remember that kind of heat and humidity when we came in December four years ago.

The ziplines were interesting, but for my money, the best part was definitely the two cenotes. I guess getting into a dark cave, filled with cool water must trigger something unique your brain. I, as were most everyone else, including the men, was a little apprehensive to go in at the beginning, but once your body gets adjusted to the temperature of the water, and your pupils quit dilating, something weird happens to you. You go into the caves with both trepidation and excitement. By the time you are fully immersed in the cave you definitely put behind all other thoughts that you had about your personal life, work and problems.

Even though the caves were the #1 part of the tour for me, swimming with the sea turtles was definitely #1A. I had never seen a sea turtle in the wild, so to swim besides them, if for a minute, was definitely a thrill. I guess this is the time of the season when the sea turtles lay their eggs on the Caribbean beaches of Mexico, but we did not get to see that this trip.

When my husband and I come back to Mexico, we are definitely making Tulum our destination, and Riviera Adventours is the company we will be booking with.

Reviewed August 12, 2011

My wife, two daughters (8 & 5), and I joined the whale shark tour. This tour ranked as our favorite amid a spectacular week of activities around Tulum and up the peninsula. Riviera Adventours' owners -- Virginia and Oscar -- appear well connected and well liked throughout the area. Their relationships with others is helpful in lining up partners like those that took us out to the whale sharks (boat owner and his son were superb). On our tour, we were joined by a couple who have owned a home in the area since 1994. I took it as a good sign that individuals who knew their way around selected Riviera Adventours. Company delivered a great day with lots of attention to our girls. I'd do it again in a second.

Reviewed August 9, 2011

Riviera Adventours gave my family the best day of our vacation. If you have a chance, you need to do the Whale Shark tour with them, it was MIND BLOWING! We got to swim and watch dozens of Whale sharks. The water was crystal clear. We got to see living Coral, Lobster, huge schools of tropical fish. I’m 48 years old, but I have to say that this was the most exhilarating experience of my life. My husband and children were all in HEAVEN! It’s definitely a once in a life time experience that we will never forget.
We loved the Whale shark trip SOOOO much that we decided to book another trip with Riviera Adventours. We also went on the one of their other tours with them. I’ve been all over the world, and have been on various types of tours, but, I do have to admit, we got to see and enjoy a lot more than I expected in one day. We started with the Tulum ruins, then Zip lining, Cenote and cave snorkeling, swimming with sea Turtles and finally ended up in a gorgeous lagoon, were we got to snorkel and float in the ocean water amongst Manta rays, Barracuda and other tropical fish. You definitely get a bang for your buck on this trip; it’s almost too good to be true.
Overall, we were all VERY satisfied with our experience and would HIGHLY recommend Riviera Adventours to anyone that is interested in seeing and experiencing the most when in the Playa Del Carmen area.