“We had a Wonderful Active & Relaxing Day! Tulum, Caves and Lagoon.”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Riviera Adventours

Riviera Adventours
More attraction details
Owner description: Rejuvenate your body, clear your mind and lift your spirit when you reconnect with your senses while you join us as we explore the waters and jungle of the Riviera Maya. In which ever expedition you choose, you will have the opportunity to de-stress, reconnect with your senses and get into your element - it will be an experience of a lifetime that you will never forget! With over (31) years experience exploring the Yucatan Peninsula, our expeditions will give you the opportunity to get to know the wonderful Riviera Maya on a personal basis. We are a local small family business. We offer you private and or small group Expeditions. Our tours are a more rewarding and personal experience, including Small and/or Personal tours which include Swimming with the Turtles; swimming in a beautiful Natural Aquarium amongst a large variety of Tropical fish; a trip into the mysterious Mineral filled depths of one of the World's Largest Underground River and Cave Systems, Snorkeling in the Mesoamerican Coral Reef; visiting the ancient mystical and awe inspiring Tulum, Coba, Chichen Itza and Ek Balam Mayan ruins; or snorkel amongst the Whale Sharks for a surreal, once in a lifetime experience; immerse yourself within the peaceful and tranquil serenity of the Sian Ka'an Biosphere or visit the Flamingos at Rio Lagartos. All of our Expeditions include a minimum of four locations each (Most others are two locations for the same price), Fruit, Coffee and a Pastry in the morning, Snacks, Cold Beer, Water, Juice, Soft Drinks throughout the day, Lunch and Round-trip Air-conditioned Transportation and top notch dive quality snorkel equipment. Most of our tours include a (4) course meal at the World Famous “Oscar & Lalo Restaurant, Bar & Grill”. We can also provide you with a private or custom expedition for any of our tours and activities. We look forward to sharing this beautiful paradise with you and having an other Amazing day! Relax and let us be your guide!
Glendora, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“We had a Wonderful Active & Relaxing Day! Tulum, Caves and Lagoon.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 19, 2011

Our day couldn't have been more spectacular, all thanks goes to Juan from Riviera Advent. While the sights and activities were fantastic, Juan is what made the trip and day fun, memorable, educational, and just plain amazing!
We started our tour in Tulum, viewing the ruins, which is a place I have wanted to see for sure. Tulum is majistic , magical and extraordinary. The colors of the land and ocean are unreal, and the history is very interesting. I'm so glad we had the opportunity to see it. We than went to snorkel the Dos Ojos Cenote. Just before arriving at the cenote, we made a quick stop to visit a monkey, a friend of Juan's. We got to hold him and feed him yogurt. We arrived at Dos Ojos and headed down to the cenote. When we got to the cenote, our first snorkel spot, I started to panic inside. I was really rethinking the whole thing and didn't want to get in a cave under the water. So, I told Juan that I had never snorkeled before, and was feeling nervous . He gave me a pep-talk, a lesson about using snorkel gear and walked me through the whole thing, before even getting into the water. Then we eased into it, sitting on the stairs and putting our faces in first, Juan sitting by my side the whole time. He told me not to worry because he would be watching me the whole time and would never be more than a foot away. Juan stayed right next to me the entire time we were in the water . He made it easy, basic and enjoyable without once making me feel small or self-conscious. After the cenote, we had lunch at Oscar & Lalos, a beautiful Jungle location the food was excellent and mango margeritas where perfect.
We drove to the Yal-Ku lagoon. The water is a mix of fresh and salt water, making it appear cloudy at times or crystal clear. It was beautiful, and I feel fortunate to have gotten to snorkel it. We felt like we where in an aquarium! We saw beautiful fish in the lagoon, big ones, little ones, ones with little fish on their backs. It was incredible being able to snorkel only a few feet above them, watching them munch on vegetation on the ocean floor. Every once in a while we'd get to see one surface for air, which is a neat experience! We saw sting rays, barracuda, a flounder and even found a small conch shell! It was very..interesting! We saw tons of beautiful fish who swam right along side of us! Our day was filled with things I'd never seen before and will never forget, and it was worth every penny and every second we spent. We had an amazing day. Juan gave us background on the culture and people of the area we were in, and knew all sorts of information about the wildlife we saw and swam with. It was the best day of any vacation we've ever had! Go on this tour, you'll remember it forever and be so glad you had the opportunity!
Thanks Juan! We're thankful to have met you.

Visited April 2011
2 Thank petercvar

San Diego, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“An excellent tour!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2011

This was a wonderful tour we went to the Tulum Ruins first and had a wonderful time it is so beautiful Mayan ruins overlooking the beach. Than we went zip lining and on a canoe , walked in a Mayan village, went in the underground river cave system that was a spectacular experience. We had a excellent grilled fish lunch and off we went to swim in the ocean. We spent just enough tim at each location, saw and did allot! We did not feel rushed we felt relaxed and enjoyed it very much. It was an amazing tour.Thank you Riviera Adventours for making our last day the best time we had on our whole trip. Excellent Tour and staff.

Visited April 2011
1 Thank Junglelove41
Fountain Valley, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Riviera Adventours made my vacation even better! Wow! What a great experience!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2011

I did a search on the internet and found a website for Riviera Adventours, which provides tours in the Tulum area. I sent an email to their customer service address. Soon thereafter, I was contacted by Virginia. She explained the different options my wife and I had for tours. After talking it over with my wife, we decided to book a custom private tour with them, because we were amazed with Virginia’s interest in making our tour the best for us.

We were picked up from the Hilton in Cancun at about 7:00 am. From there we met Virginia at their Riviera Adventours office, picked up our snorkel equipment, and had some delicious Tabasco style coffee and a pastry just before we departed.

Our tour started with a short hike through the jungle. We then arrived at a cave with fresh water cenotes in it, at which we got prepared to snorkel. All I can say is that I was in awe. At first my wife was very scared to go in the caves and water and wanted no part of it. Virginia reassured her and after a few minutes, managed to get my wife to relax and take the plunge. Initially, the water felt cold, but after we started to swim, it felt refreshing. We were truly astounded by the beauty of this cave. It was amazing to see the roots of the trees hanging from the top of the cave. Virginia showed us some bats that were sleeping on the ceiling of the cave, plus fossilized shells that are embedded into cave’s walls. We got to see stalactites and stalagmites that were still growing. Considering that my wife is claustrophobic, it was nice to see that she managed to get the courage to go in, because she ended up loving it. We rented an underwater camera and got some amazing photographs of the place. My wife and I felt refreshed and energized from this experience, which is truly one of a kind.

Next was lunch. We drove off to a local famous restaurant, for lunch. My wife decided to be more adventurist than me this time, and ordered a Chaya margarita. At first I did not feel in the mood for trying it, but my wife was bragging so much about it, so I had to try it. This was the best Margarita that I have ever tasted. And the food was the best I have had while on this vacation, including our hotel. The restaurant was beautiful and felt as if we were in a jungle oasis.

After the lunch, we went to the beach to snorkel with sea turtles. Virginia was great in helping guide us to the many locations, were we got to see numerous sea turtles and a sting rays, barracudas and other sea life. We also got to see beautiful live corral, with all kinds of schools of fish swimming around us. Virginia was very good at pointing out the sea life to us, to make sure that we did not miss anything. She was also very good at making us feel safe and comfortable.

From there we went to a gorgeous lagoon. The water was very calm and was full of marine life. We felt like we were in a fish tank, but much, much nicer. It’s amazing how grand nature can be! There were a lot of multi colored fish here.

This tour was exceptional and I would highly recommend Riviera Adventours to anyone who comes to the Cancun, Tulum area for a vacation! The van that picked us up was very clean and air conditioned. The personal service that Virginia gave us made us feel as if she was family.

Brian

Visited January 2011
2 Thank vacationman07
Portland, Oregon
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Awesome Lagoon”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2011

We always come to the Riviera Maya area and eat at Oscar and Lalos. This time we came with a group of 10 people on a cruise boat that had us on a strict schedule. We wanted to eat at Oscar & Lalos as we always do! So, we called Oscar & Lalos to make a reservation for lunch. We also wanted to do a tour to Tulum ruins, caves, cenotes, underground river and snorkel with the turtles at the turtle bay beach. Since several people in our group had not been to this area before, and our time was on a strict time limit we asked Lilliana at Oscar and Lalos what company she recommended to show us around. She said that Riviera Adventours tour company could book a lunch and tour package that would allow us to do all the above mentioned items and return to our boat on time. So we booked the tour! The beauty of Riviera Adventours Tours is that it is possible that they can be as flexible as you like. When you make your reservation be sure to make some special notes of what you want to see and talk to Virginia who will be more than happy to modify the tour to accommodate your wishes. We where picked up in Playa del Carmen Pier at 7:00 AM by Ray and went straight to the Tulum ruins where we explored the majestic ruins with Juan a private guide that specializes in Mayan history explained the ruins to us, we snorkeled the Dos Ojos cenotes, Cenotes are created by an underground river system and are fresh water sink holes that the Maya considered to be sacred. In addition, the Mayans also believed they were the entrance to the underworld., we stopped to feed a pet monkey belonging to one of the local Mayan families, had a wonderful feast at Oscar and Lalos snorkeled in the Bay where we saw sea turtles eating sea grass, sting rays, sea creatures, live coral and all kinds of sea life! We also snorkeled in an awesome lagoon filled with schools of fish and made it back to our boat by 5:00 PM Sharp. We highly recommend this tour company. All the staff was excellent informative, and lots of fun! Thank you Virginia for putting together such a wonderful tour and allowing us to show our friends and family this fabulous area in such a short period of time! You guys are the best! I won't be able to thank you enough! I will go back to Mexico in 2012, and I will definitely do the Sian Kaan Tour with your tour company Virginia. You are a beautiful, free spirited, wonderful, kind, and intelligent person! We tell everyone coming to this area to book this tour it is the best! You will not regret it! A once in a life time experience.

Visited February 2011
1 Thank OregonUSA
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“The best tour in Tulum , Mexico !”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2011

A group of 12 friends and family , my husband and I recently visited Akumal, Mexico and rented a private house in Akumal on the beach. We where looking for something to do as a group that would show us the area and was not to busy, the owner of the house we rented Udi, highly recommended Riviere Adventours. He said all his clients loved the tour that did it and spoke very highly about it! We asked him to book it and we are glad we did! We were not disappointed! It was a fantastic day...the very best day of our already wonderful vacation. Ray from Riviere Adventours was on time  to pick us up at 8:00 am sharp he waited for all of us , in the driveway of the house.
Ray is a great guide, knowledgeable, smart and patient...Everything that Udi said about the tour was the absolute truth, as a matter of fact it was better than he described it to be!!

We started off with Ray grabbing the equipment we needed, enjoying a tabasco coffee and pastry at the Rivierea Adventours location. Than we jumped back in the Van and we headed out to the Amazing Tulum Ruins located on the beutiful caribean ocean. We shopped for about 20 minutes and
We then stopped for a bite to eat at a fabulous famous local restaurant called "Oscar & Lalos" we had a excellent lobster feast and a few fresh mango margaritas! The owner was very nice, the service and the staff was incrediable! They had hammocks next to the tables. We did not want to leave! Ray told us we needed to go off to our next stop. We headed out to snorkle Dos Ojos (two eyes two cenotes) located in a cave connected to the underground rivier system, as seen on National Geographic , it was spectacular! The most amazing sights you'll ever see underground!!! The roots of trees, stalagmites and stalactites gave the entire place a surreal feeling and even though I was a little scared since it was dark in the caves, Ray made me feel safe since he had so much experience and knowledge of the cenotes.
Than we went to our next snorkle stop a reef where you swim with huge sea turtles that eat sea grass! We saw manta rays and schools of brightly colored tropical fish and coral! We were amazed of by the sea life and it was a breathtaking experience ! Our final stop was the yakul lagoon where schools of fish, like I had only seen on tv, were up close and personal!!! Wow what an experience!!! We all enjoyed the experience very much!
Ray was a treasure of information, described the local customs, had lots of info on the area, the history of the locations he took us to and the Mayan legends associated to these wonders of nature!! I highly recommend this tour to anyone wanting an amazing experiece that you will never forget !

2 Thank Mark540