“Was amazing to dive in the caves with motmot and I felt very safe, but it was quite expensive.”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of MOTMOT DIVING

MOTMOT DIVING
More attraction details
Owner description: We offer personalized cavern, cave and reef tours for beginners, advanced, technical and full cave divers. We also provide fun snorkeling tours to cenotes and reefs to see turtles and lots of other marine life. For those wanting to learn more we offer a full range of courses from PADI, IANTD and NACD. Our qualified multilingual staff will recommend a large selection of diving and snorkelling equipment available for sale and rental. We hope to see you soon enjoying the day with us…!!!
Winterthur, Switzerland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 20, 2013

Perfect guides, amazing "cenotes" (caves) and an excellent divemaster. The only bad thing I can tell is, that it was quite expensive!

Visited December 2013

• Hebrew first
Melbourne, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Cenote diving”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 29, 2013

Me and my girlfriend are recently certified open water divers who wanted to do some cenote diving. We ended up doing our deep dive component of the advanced course which gave us a chance to see the Angelita cenote. That dive was something else. After this our instructor saw that while we were doing alright we could do with some tips to make it easier in the other cenote dives later that day. So before we went into the grand cenote and calavera which involve a decent level of control, he took us through a series of quick exercises to really sort our buoyancy out. He went absolutely over and above what he could have done and was being paid to do. He could have easily led us through while we flew all over the place kicking up sand and bumping into things, but took the opportunity to make us into much better divers. He also made sure that we really had our pre dive checklist completely up to scratch when other places we've dived have overlooked this.

All their equipment is new and suitable for diving in a cavern or cave, which a lot of shops don't have. You may pay a little extra but a lot of the difference is absorbed when they cover the entry fees into the cenotes themselves and you have the peace of mind diving with a real professional outfit.

I had such a great time with them that I went to the Pit (my favourite cenote) and Dos Ojos the next day. Go with Motmot. You won't regret it.

Visited November 2013
1 Thank Justin H
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Diving, refresh diving and cenote diving”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 23, 2013 via mobile

Did a great cenote dive with motmot diving, very professional and great gear.
Diving in the cenote is highly recommended!
Did a refresh dive in the morning with them before diving in the cenote, since I haven't been diving for long. Motmot was the only dive shop that insisted on it and it made me feel very reassured that they didn't cut any corners in their setup.

Visited October 2013
Amsterdam
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 48 helpful votes
“Very good experience with Motmot diving in Cenote”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 16, 2013

I went to Angelita, Carwash and the Gran Cenote with Nando, from Motmot diving.
Before continuing with the details of my cavern diving experience with Motmot diving a quick mention their great bakery (!). For me Motmot makes the best expresso in Tulum, fresh juices and breads are also highly recommended.

Now the diving... Nando is a very experienced, professional and friendly cave diving instructor. I thoroughly enjoyed diving with him and the Motmot team. It was good to see how all the staff were very professional, taking safety seriously without letting this get in the way of enjoying diving. Before our dive Nando made sure all the divers were fully prepared, briefed and at ease; he took al the time necessary to make sure (less experienced) divers were ready for cavern diving. Even for experienced advanced divers this type of service/professionalism/behaviour is really important. Equipment is really good and new (essential for cave and cavern diving!!!), I found prices very reasonable, and the team was very flexible in putting together the exact dive package I was looking for. Highly recommend Motmot diving and Nando for Cenote adventures.

Visited November 2013
Cheltenham, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
“Went for a couple of dives and got hooked ;)))”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2013

I heard about the Cenotes and fancied having a go. I wanted a refresh as I had done alittle diving before in Thailand but nothing like this!! They really are fun, swimming through Halocline and tiny fish following your torch light or pop up in a cave to watch the Bats hang around. I also enjoyed the Boat dives , seeing two big Southern Stingrays gracefully sweep past, which was just amazing. The knowledge and experience these guys have, on the area aswell as getting the best out of you whilst still fun was great. The Kit looked brand new which was reassuring. My confidence and buoyancy improved no end. I came away with my open water and advanced thanks to Marc Green.
A great little outfit with nice staff.

Visited October 2013