“YES” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of MOTMOT DIVING

MOTMOT DIVING
More attraction details
Owner description: We offer personalized cavern, cave and reef tours for beginners, advanced, technical and full cave divers. We also provide fun snorkeling tours to cenotes and reefs to see turtles and lots of other marine life. For those wanting to learn more we offer a full range of courses from PADI, IANTD and NACD. Our qualified multilingual staff will recommend a large selection of diving and snorkelling equipment available for sale and rental. We hope to see you soon enjoying the day with us…!!!
Tuscaloosa, Alabama
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“YES”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2013

My dive instructor recommended Motmot for the diving excursion we made to Tulum to do the cenotes. It's well priced, easily found and the staff is excellent. My group chose The Pit and Dos Ojos for our dive sites. I just learned to scuba dive this year and I felt so at ease during my entire experience with this company. I was even in the middle of getting my debit card information stolen and they were very accommodating as I sorted out my finances. They're a reputable company because they stick to the PADI safety protocol, maintain all their equipment and employ excellent, experienced dive instructors.

Visited November 2012

• Hebrew first
Montreal, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Great dive shop”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 14, 2013

I did 3 cenotes dives with Motmot in January and I loved everything about this dive shop. Very professional and courteous from the moment I walked into the shop. Great dive masters and the prices are pretty much the same at all the dive centers so I highly recommend diving with Motmot!

Visited January 2013
austin, tx
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“nice people, good bakery attached”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2013

I stay on the beach at Tulum, but we ended up renting from this place in town because we were on our way elsewhere. Although it seemed a few dollars more expensive than prices on the beach to rent a mask and fins, this place is conveniently located on the main strip in town (so easy to drop off equipment on the way back in/out when stopping to get a bite), and the owner was friendly. The bakery attached had fresh baked goods, good bfast, and espresso drinks made to order. Only downside was that the heat from the oven area wafted through the already hot interior, but that could be an easy fix with vent/fans.

We did not have time to do a diving tour, but I'd go back to rent from Motmot again.

Visited September 2012
UK
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 43 helpful votes
“Great diving with top guide, shop owner not so good”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2013 via mobile

A tale of two halves. We booked two days of cenote diving with MotMot months in advance and given our tight schedule had planned three dives on the first day and two on the second because we had to leave early. On arriving at the dive shop on the first day we were told we were doing two dives on the first day and three on second day and the owner did not seem flexible given their own admin error because he had a number of other divers lined up for this itinerary. He rather rudely told us to change because everything was setup etc; however we were having none of it and couldn't switch the schedules around. The rest of the staff at MotMot were very helpful and made the necessary arrangements so that we were able to dive the itinerary that we'd booked well in advance. That didn't stop the unnecessary scornful looks from the owner towards us every time we saw him over the next two days. However, the admin [--]-up turned out in our favour as we ended up having our own dive guide for our five cenote dives; Ahmed is a freelancing cenote dive guide that does a lot of work for MotMot. He's a world renowned cave diver and spends a lot of his own time exploring the Yucatan's cave system, diving with four tanks for several hours at a time. He single-handedly turned around a bad start at MotMot into an enjoyable experience; if you haven't dived in a cenote before it's not to be missed; the water clarity is mindblowing and the haloclines and cloud-like sulphur layers are interesting experiences. I'm more of a reef diver but I'm pleased I've experienced cenote diving and if you're in this part of the world it's not to be missed.

motmotdiving, Propietario at MOTMOT DIVING, responded to this review, February 5, 2013
Hi:

My name is Roman Alvarez Kadjar and I am the owner of the shop. I would like to apologize for any inconvenience we may have caused you... Certainly we had some very busy days as you know, but that is no excuse. That precise day we had a very big diving group and we thought it would have been interesting for you two too join since these guys are our regular customers and very experienced cenote divers, but I guess we were wrong and once the specifics of the problem with your booking and your tight schedule was brought to my attention and we understood the situation, we found the right solution and you went diving as originally planned. I am happy to know that you had a good time with Ahmed during your dives, he is certainly a very good Cave Diver and Cenote guide. Regards.
Montreal, Canada
“Just great !”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2013

We booked 4 dives including a refresher with MOTMOT. Just great, the best refresher ever and 3 amazing cavern dives. If you dive and have not yet tried cavern diving, it is a must. Thanks Sandy for a great trip !

Visited January 2013