“5 perfect days of diving”
Review of MOTMOT DIVING

MOTMOT DIVING
More attraction details
Owner description: We offer personalized cavern, cave and reef tours for beginners, advanced, technical and full cave divers. We also provide fun snorkeling tours to cenotes and reefs to see turtles and lots of other marine life. For those wanting to learn more we offer a full range of courses from PADI, IANTD and NACD. Our qualified multilingual staff will recommend a large selection of diving and snorkelling equipment available for sale and rental. We hope to see you soon enjoying the day with us…!!!
Edmonton, Canada
“5 perfect days of diving”
Reviewed September 4, 2012

My wife and I spent 5 days cave/cavern diving with MotMot, and had an absolutely amazing time.

We chose them over other dive shops partially due to Julia's obvious excitement while describing the different dives to us.

Their equipment was in excellent condition. Their prices were reasonable (we got a discount for doing 5 days). Everyone was friendly, fun, knowledgeable, and very safety conscious.

Our divemaster for the 5 days was Rodrigo and he was awesome! Kept huge smiles on or faces the entire trip.

Oh, and the free breakfast you get from the MotMot bakery is delicious.

We would highly recommend diving with MotMot.

Visited August 2012

• Hebrew first
Brisbane
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“Poor customer service saved by excellent divers”
Reviewed August 20, 2012

Dived today at Dos Ojos Cenote with MotMot. Arrived at 11am as directed but didnt leave the dive shop to begin dives until 1.20pm because they had overbooked the dives and had to close the shop to accommodate us all. But they just kept saying 'a couple of minutes and we will be leaving'...would have preferred them saying 'come back at 1' rather than wait around out the front in the heat of the day.

That said....they were VERY professional, friendly and SAFE divers which is worth the wait. Double and triple checks of gear prior to dives, good quality breathing gear and ensuring everything fitted and worked. Excellent dive briefing including asking how comfortable people were feeling with enclosed spaces as well as experience level- all this very reassuring as we were diving in caverns which is a little scary. They were also great divers so no kicking the surroundings and we dived in small groups - both of which enhanced the experience.

Dos Ojos cenote was INCREDIBLE. Left us speechless- a dive in a Cenote is a must do if you're in Tulum.

Visited August 2012
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Mot-Mot diving /Exceptional service.”
Reviewed August 7, 2012

I booked a diving excursion with these guys and it ended up being the best diving experience i have ever had.
I arrived at their dive shop late at night to book a dive for the next day and they had no problem obliging after checking my dive experience and certs.
It was refreshing to say the least to talk to a dive master that wasnt full of sh.t and full of their own importance.
On the day of my dive as it was just me and the dive master for 3 dives in the cenotes.His cave diving and cenotes dive experience really showed.
The trip which is just 30 mins out of tulum and it came with a free croisant and coffee breakfast and free lunch comprising of a beautiful sandwich.
I must commend the lady on the night of my booking as she was so in love with diving and not just in it for the free dives!
Their equipment is second to none with mares bcd's and very reputable octopus gear. Mask was also top quality, cant remember the brand!
They also catered for my wife who unfortunatly couldnt dive with me , they allowed her to tag along and go snorkeling for $10usd.
My 3 dives were $150usd, 2 dives cost $110usd.
Cheers to mot-mot dive shop from Paul and Toni Coffey.Ireland

Al Khobar, Ash Sharqiyah, Saudi Arabia
“Great staff, great gear, great place”
Reviewed July 18, 2012

I recently did a couple of dives with with Julia at MotMot, including a refresher dive following her advice. Many places would have just told me to dive and then been unimpressed when I tanked through my air, and it was in fact this recommendation that persuaded me to go with MotMot. Julia was very knowledgeable, reassuring and safety conscious, as well as being really enthusiastic about the places. The equipment was great and I had a fun day. I"m very glad I chose MotMot and I feel a more confident diver now too.

Visited July 2012
Los Angeles
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Friendly, Professional Staff”
Reviewed June 17, 2012

We booked a snorkeling trip to Dos Ojos.

I'm not a huge water person, but my husband is practically a fish. We figured snorkeling would be a happy medium.

We were already in Tulum by the time we booked, and I decided to book through the website/over e-mail since we did not stay in the town. Motmot had a little trouble with their e-mail service, so they did not receive our confirmation and were not able to accommodate us when we showed up at the shop. Since we were not on a schedule, we were able to push our trip to the next day - however, if you have a packed schedule, I would recommend going directly to the shop to book.

The staff was very friendly, though, and we made it work in the end. Our guide, Julia, was very knowledgable about the cenotes. I was pretty nervous about snorkeling and she was sure to ask me how comfortable I was with each step.

Overall a great experience - highly recommend!

Visited June 2012