All reviews small hotel fresh fruit taxi bicycles pesos
Selected filters
Reviewed December 26, 2017

Arrival/Welcome Staff: Superb. Enthusiastic. Friendly.
Room: Very nicely decorated, nice space. Big window.
Amenities: Lame pool area, no room to sit. No sun.
Restaurant: Breakfast included with the room is very basic. Almost 100% sugar-based items.
Location: Absolutely brutal. There are about 10 hotels under construction in the vicinity, it is loud from 7am until 9pm (non-stop). Not relaxing at all. Also, it is a good 25mins walk to the strip, there are barely any lights, and the roads are disastrous. Maybe in 10yrs when Tulum has grown even further, this would be a good spot but for now, probably best to avoid.

Others: Good Wifi. Free bikes. There was a very big and loud dog that lives in one of the apartments/rooms(WHY?? I don't know) and it barks pretty much 24/7. So between the 14h of construction per day and the 24h of loud barking, forget relaxing, forget sleeping well.

The Love/Hate --> This hotel is affiliated with a very high-end hotel on Tulum Beach, where any guests from Luna Llena can go spend the day. Private beach, gorgeous grounds, friendly staff. Superb perk... yours to decide what's more important!

Date of stay: December 2017
Reviewed December 21, 2017 via mobile

My husband noticed what he thought to be a rash on my back 4 days into our stay. Two days later I saw a cluster of red bumps on his back as I applied sunscreen on him. We immediately left the Tulum Ruins and went back to the hotel to check the bed and mattress for signs of bed bugs. We found two. We notified management and showed her my husbands back and the bed bugs in the room. She stated that she didn't know what bed bugs were so we googled her images. We told her that we did not come to Mexico with bed bugs. I asked for a refund for our stay and she became upset. She contacted the owner and told my husband that the owner agreed to a partial refund to which we were accepting of. I went downstairs to give her my CC info and she informed me that the owner changed his mind and would not grant us a refund. She said that we reported the incident very late as it was the last night of our stay. I let her know that that explanation was ridiculous and that we reported the incident as soon as we we saw the bite marks on my husband and on the bed. How do you explain bed bugs being in our bed? She offered us another room but we refused because we didn't know if the other rooms had bed bugs. We checked out of the hotel room that night because we were so grossed out by the bed bugs and the way management failed to rectify the issue. In addition loud construction took place from sun up to sun down every night of our stay, the shower drains were clogged and need better ventilation. The road leading to the hotel has numerous humongous pot holes. We will never stay here again.

Date of stay: December 2017
5  Thank Amw3506
Reviewed November 2, 2017 via mobile

Wow! Was so impressed by this small hotel! Booked it last minute. Confirmed my stay at 9am and one hour later we were at the hotel being helped so nicely by Lucrecia. She quickly helped us and gave us the key to the room right away. Obviously the room was not 100% ready since we had booked it an hour prior, but said we can wait or come back. We decided to come back and since we had the room key, there was no need to recheck with her. Continental breakfast served in the small kitchen made it feel very at home. Fresh fruit, toast, good coffee, fresh juice, cereal and milk and array of tea options.
Pool was very nice and clean.
Security guard at night.
Few parking spaces, but with the guard next to the main entrance we felt fine leaving our rental out on the street.

One con (but nothing to do with the hotel): the location is at the outskirts of Tulum town. The street the hotel is located on is an un-paved street and with our small car, it was a very slow process to drive on it. Really needed a 4x4 for that street. But we see a lot of construction going on which is a good sign so I think the area will change a lot. There are other small boutique hotels on the same 5 mile radius which also makes me believe more changes to come.

Date of stay: October 2017
1  Thank Caroltravels1
Reviewed July 12, 2017 via mobile

We stayed here for 2 weeks on a familiy trip, we were 8 people total, two of them kids. The hotel itself is very beautiful, placed in the jungel with a nice pool area outside. The rooms are clean.
But if you have kids, the people that runs this hotel dont like them and they clearly dont have kids themself. They expect you to keep the kids completely quiet until noon so they dont wake up guests with a hangover (the mangager exually told us this).
The hotel also have a private beach, but if you have kids you are not allowed to use it. This information is not written anywhere on their webpage, and they did not tell us this until we arrived.
Overall this is a beautiful place, but the staff hate you if you have kids and they make sure you notice that.

Date of stay: February 2017
Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank Anja S
smillatulum, Gerente at Luna Llena Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 13, 2017

Hola Anja,we are really sorry for the misunderstanding. We accept children and we are glad to host them. The owner also have one so we are used to.. For sure we have timing and rules like any hotel for example the swimming pool, the breakfast area etc.. This for guarantee a good experience also for the other guests.
The Maria del mar's beach club, our partner Hotel,accept childrens on the beach side without problem but doesn't accept children in the swimming pool area and in front of the suites because there is an adults only Hotel.
In the webpage there are specified that they can use the Maria del Mar beach club.
We are sorry for the inconvenience. We will change a lil bit the text for be clearly.
Regards
Francesca

Reviewed April 2, 2017 via mobile

This is a minimally decorated, fairly basic hotel but has a few nice amenities like a pool and a decent breakfast. Breakfast was usually a couple types of bread and a few types of fruit. The coffee is excellent. There were also a couple kinds of juice. Staff was extremely friendly and helpful. They moved us because I had troubles with climbing to the 4th floor on the stairs and I didn't even ask to be moved so that was greatly appreciated. One should note there is no elevator if it is needed. If you are okay to get to the second floor they will likely be willing to put you there. I'm afraid I have to give a terrible review to the beds. The beds in both rooms were absolutely crippling to our backs. They are very hard and uncomfortable with flat lifeless pillows. Other than that everything was pretty decent. The rooms were clean, neatly decorated, showers had plenty of hot water and pressure. Air conditioning and ceiling fan worked fine and the rooms have balconies. We did not see a single bug in the place. It is located back in a neighborhood which makes it feel a bit unsafe to get to in the beginning but after driving there several times we felt comfortable with it. We did have some difficulty finding it because of its location. The property is gated and there is a security guard on site. The only other downside is the metal doors are quite noisy so if you are a light sleeper that noise combined with a lot of barking dogs might keep you awake and I would recommend bringing earplugs. Noise is common in Mexico so the ear plugs will help you more than trying to find a place that doesn't have any noise. I would highly recommend this place if you are traveling by car. It's a bit far out for taxi although taxi rates, as I understand, are pretty cheap in Tulum. However, this is not in the main part of the city close to everything nor is it near the beaches. We rented a car and found it fairly easy to get around Tulum once we learned how to get to the places we needed to go.

Date of stay: April 2017