“Snorkel & Ceviche!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Zamas

Zamas
Ranked #66 of 384 Restaurants in Tulum
Cuisines: Mexican, Latin, Bar, Seafood, Spanish
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Bar scene, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Scenic view, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Branson, Missouri
“Snorkel & Ceviche!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 31, 2014

Laid Back-Beach Side café w/ great food, handsome waiters, snorkeling, rocks to climb on & super soft sand! Was in Playa del Carmen for a wk, its quite a drive (40+ mi) to Tulum but LOVED the vibe there. Zamas has it's own large beach, covered outdoor seating and a few beach chairs. My friend said it was the best cup of coffee she'd ever had. The ceviche portion was HUGE and really fresh! (160 pesos $12) A giant scoop of fresh guacamole was only 70 pesos ($5). Veggie Tacos (4 for 105 pesos - $8) Would have stayed all day and gone back every day if not so far from where I stayed.

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank LynnWitt

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Iowa
“Always Enjoying the food and the staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2014

Zamas is always a must on my list of Restaurants. I have been either staying at this hotel or if I stay down the beach I am always having Lunch or Dinner. The food is some of the best beach food on the strip. I enjoy the view from this little cove with it's wonder out cropping of rocks.
The vibe is relaxed and a hot spot for casual food with an edge of deliciousness.
I was one of the first guests when they opened and always return to see my dear friends.
Always helpful and always a pleasure.

• Visited November 2013
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Beautiful Setting!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 16, 2014

On our last full day in Tulum, we biked over based on Trip Advisor reviews of their margaritas. These margaritas did not disappoint! They were the simple recipe of tequila, countreau and lime- strong- no added sugar like many margaritas we found between Tulum and Playa del Carmen. Then the view where we enjoyed the margaritas was gorgeous and peaceful. The staff nicely let us hang out on their beach for a couple hours. Definitely escape here for an afternoon!

Visited January 2014
New Jersey
“Consistent, fun, can't-miss”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2013

I have been going to Zamas' Que Fresco restaurant for almost eight years now and I'm not sure I've ever written a review! I love this place and it's a must-visit on every trip. The setting is unbeatable, always a fabulous view, great service, fabulous live music most nights (almost every night in season, a bit less often in the off season). The reason I'm writing this review, though, is because I just have to say that for a restaurant that's been going for so long, the food has been pretty darned consistent. It may have dipped a bit a couple of years ago, but since I've been paying attention, the food has actually been getting better and better. The pasta carbonara is one of the best in the area, the whole fried fish is always fresh and flavorful, and if they have the whole fish in Thai sauce, wow. The menu is short and simple for all three meals (I've heard the burger is terrific but for some reason I've never had it) and the drinks are strong. If you have a group, ask about getting a pitcher of margaritas, makes it a lot easier.

So definitely go for the setting and the music, but enjoy the food, it's worth the trip!

• Visited November 2013
Louisville, Kentucky
“Great view, food okay”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 18, 2013

I think you definitely pay for the view here, the food is ehhhh, okay, especially for the value and compared to so many other great food options on the beach. Not my favorite, but the restaurant has great decor, artistic beachy vibe with a GORGEOUS view.

• Visited June 2013