“I love the Danny Burger!”

The Restaurant at ZAMAS
Reserve with OpenTable
The Restaurant at ZAMAS is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #79 of 436 Restaurants in Tulum
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Romantic, Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: The Restaurant at ZAMAS is the pulse of the property; widely renowned for its beautiful ocean views and fantastic food, it creates a beckoning locale in the mode of Tulum as it should be. We're committed to sourcing local ingredients to compose elegant, innovative, and seasonally driven dishes. Fresh in concept and preparation, the menu’s varied flavors appeal to many palates. From the gambas pil pil to the thin crust margherita, from Irma’s famous huevos rancheros to the indulgent ricotta doughnuts, a meal at ZAMAS is an experience not to be missed.
Reviewed August 2, 2013

The first time we ever at at Zamas I ordered the Danny Burger. Now, the problem is, I may never be able to sample the delectable offerings of Zamas eclectic menu because I am TOTALLY ADDICTED to the Danny Burger. This is simply the best hamburger I have experienced ANYWHERE. It is a real problem. Can anyone offer any recommendations of addiction therapists, who can help me?

Reviewed July 22, 2013

Great food, good prices, good atmoshpere, the BEST all around place to eat in Tulum.
Pizza is great since they have a huge brick oven.
They have entertainment on wednesday nights too.

Reviewed July 15, 2013

ZAMAS Hotel and ¡Que Fresco! Restaurant started their inaugural international chef and mixologist series this Spring, and it something to be cognizant of. The series bringrenowned chefs and bar professionals from around the United States and Mexico to showcase international culinary talent and highlight the locally influenced cuisine of the Mayan town of Tulum.

We attended the one on May 7th (our anniversary) with Alicia Jenish, executive chef of The Grand Cafe in San Francisco.

For appetizers I had the delicious Octopus Flatbread cooked in the wood-burning oven, and Ingrid had the Pork Soup with vegtables and cilantro pesto. Both were outstanding.

For the main course I went with the Torta de Porchetta with avocado, red salsa, carmelized onions, and pepitas. Ingrid had to have the Pochetta with Lentils, which included roasted cauliflower and nopalitos sala. It was pork (roasted) night, and we were not disappointed.

Zamas has a very special setting right on the beach, and as night came on there was live music, which just added to the romantic atmosphere and ambiance we have come to know and appreciate. We enjoyed the evening and the music, and throughout the evening, the service was just the right tempo.

All in all, Zamas gets 2 thumbs up and a strong recommentation. Watch for the next dates in their culinary series.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

So many reviews of restaurants that it gets crazy reading them all quickly. I could not find a restaurant in time for dinner so we just walked into Zamas.
Looks very pretty with all the candles and on the ocean.
The atmosphere gets ruined simply because you can see the street with ALL the car lights.
The food was okay. It wasn't spectacular or exquisite. I had the pasta with shrimp and the sauce was just a little too "mass produced". Therefore it has to be rated as average.
The price was also similar to "Posada Margarita" just down the road. The food at.Posada
Margarita was exquisite as well as the experience.

Reviewed June 30, 2013

Although Zamas claims they serve Mexican food, there is a large selection of Pizza and some pastas on their menu. Usually I don't like menus that have mixed food but I must admit My Chili Poblano Enchiladas were delicious. My husband's grilled fish was uneventful and not filling for the price of $210 pesos around $16.

The atmosphere, decor and of course the views are beautiful.

Tulum is a sleepy town with understandably slow service but somehow Zamas was extra slow and very uncoordinated in their kitchen. Fortunately there was lovely live music to keep me occupied while I waited 20 minutes for my after dinner coffee.