“nice fresh seafood at the beach” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Zamas

Zamas
Ranked #63 of 382 Restaurants in Tulum
Cuisines: Mexican, Latin, Bar, Seafood, Spanish
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic, Large groups, Families with children, Scenic view, Bar scene, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Brunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“nice fresh seafood at the beach”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2013

My husband and I had our first lunch in Tulum here. The food was lovely. We had the ceviche and fish tacos, flavours were lovely and freshness of food was excellent. We had fresh fruit flavoured water. Service was very good. Another plus is you can pay in dollars and get better exchange rate than the banks and other places.

Visited May 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Boise, Idaho
“Best Snapper Ever!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2013

Zamas is a great restaurant on the Tulum beach. We ate there on Memorial Day. I shared their special "fish of the day catch" with my brother in law, we both decided it was one of the best fish meals we have ever had. Was suppose to take 45 min. to prepare but I think it was more like an hour, but it was worth the wait. They also had "killer margaritas"!!! A live band performed 8 - 10pm, (dancing occurred) some songs were too loud for conversation, but when the food came we didn't talk much anyhow. Location is right on the beach, great for a romantic dinner.
Accepts Visa/MasterCard, many restaurants in Tulum do not... And since this was a little pricier that was a good thing.

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
California
“Warm muddled memories of Zamas”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2013

I've been to tulum twice and ended up landing at Zamas most nights because the atmosphere, price, food and kick *ss margaritas could not be beat anywhere along the tulum beach. The service is great--but don't pull the arrogant picky act as you will be treated accordingly. Do a little research and learn a bit about etiquette in Mexico and you will find the groove of wait service in Mexico very pleasant and actually PREFERABLE to the America 'dash by and dump the check' version of "service", if you want to call it that.
With that said, the best things on the standard menu imho are the fish tacos. The seasoning is classic mex-mayan and happily I finally found somewhere in the usa that does it the same. Very flavorful and the fish it tdf.
The other menu favorite was the margaritas--order more than one at your own risk. They are strong and they use agave tequilla so you don't notice it right off. Way better than an American margarita ever dreamed of being.
Finally, if there is a chef special--try it!!! I had the most amazing dish one night--warm beets, with candied toasted pecans, spring greens and goat cheese. Beyond the beyond--I still think of this salad and have made it at home once or twice.

• Visited May 2012
New Providence, New Jersey
“Best shrimp tacos!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2013

During our stay in Tulum, we had lunch at Zamas!! The food was excellent, very fresh and flavorfull!!! The staff was very friendly, always smiling!! My family and I enjoyed our lunch very much!! Thank you!

• Visited April 2013
Warrenton, VA
“Tasty and Ocean Front - What more can you ask for?”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2013

Zamas is right on the beach with, in my opinion, one of the best beach views in all of Tulum. The food is good, fresh, and reasonably priced for being right on the water. We also happened to be there when former Top Chef/DC chef Mike Isabella was guest cheffing so that was pretty neat too. My Father-in-law and husband both thought the Pasta Carbonara was the best they've had. I also really enjoyed my lemonada. But again, I would say the food is decent for the price and for the views. Also, they have many bands playing in the evening which is also really nice.

• Visited March 2013