New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Ranked #262 of 335 Restaurants in Tulum
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Rogers, Arkansas, United States
“Best Fine Dining Restaurant in town...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

I never expected to have a fine dining experience in Tulum, Quintana Roo, Mexico until I came across the Paladante. The restaurant is located in the garden of the Don Diego De La Selva hotel. Throughout of my 9 days of travelling through the Yucatan and the Quintana Roo State, I found myself coming back to this restaurant. I ate three days at this restaurant and I was never disappointed. My husband and I kept on ordering different dishes just to try them out.
Amazing fresh taste, very well presented and great service. Thank you for surprising me! I have this one favorite tapa place in Washington DC that I kept coming back whenever I was visiting the city, now I have one more that I am looking forward to try again!

• Visited January 2013

Connecticut
“Don Diego Does it Again!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

In addition to the wonderful hotel experience and the beautiful jungle setting, they served up some of the most wonderful food I've ever eaten. Rabbit Terrine, the best seafood pasta I've ever had, and the rum cake were my favorites.

Visited December 2012
Toronto
“Very good food!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

Excellent food. A variety of unique dishes....try the red chicken!
Unfortunatley, server was extremely rude the day that we went.

Visited November 2012
Annapolis, MD
“Nice setting, good service, food a disapointment”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2012

The first tip off that this wouldn't be up to French standards was that there were no specials. It looks like they cook the same couple of dishes day after day. For appetizers, we had a shrimp dish that was excellent and a salad that was good, but nothing special, falling short of similar we had at both Mezzanine and Gloria's De Pepe. For the main course, we had the lasagna (my 14 year old), the lobster tail, and a shrimp dish. The lasagna was fine, the lobster was interesting but not particularily tasty and very plainly presented-just the chopped meat and and veggies in the shell-no sides, no garnish. The biggest disapointment was the shrimp dish-- it was no larger than the shrimp appetizer had been. Sort of a scallop with 3 shrimp on top surrounded by a huge expanse of empty plate. The bread by the way was toasted --I guess it was old? I have been to France several times and never had such a sparse, rote meal. The service and setting were lovely, but it was definitely the most disapointing (and expensive) meal of our trip. Perhaps the regular cook was off? Not wanting to waste more money, we did not order desert but went back to the center of town for excellent Gelato at P & C instead.

• Visited January 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
Vienna, VA
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“the BEST restaurant in Tulum”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2012

We are a french-american family with demanding taste for food AND quality of service.
The restaurant is truly excellent and the service is perfect. Great value!
The mexican Chef is very talented, and cooks simple though delicious dishes.
Highly recommended!