“Great Location”

Hemingway Restaurant
Ranked #90 of 396 Restaurants in Tulum
Cuisines: Seafood, Wine Bar
Good for: Bar scene, Business meetings, Families with children, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Small and nice restaurant where Hemingway and 'recommended reservation for dinner. The Chef Luke and Nicola, Italian, will present you with love and care with their fish dishes, homemade pasta, seafood, bread, cake and a nice selection of desserts always home-made with fresh ingredients.We use only fresh fish, ripe tomatoes and extra virgin olive oil. For breakfast in the morning, bread, dessert of the day and homemade jam. The restaurant is ocean front and has a nice big terrace on the beach! Only 5 tables.
Boca Raton, Florida
“Great Location”
Reviewed July 9, 2014

Heard great things and it lived up to them. We went in off season and we were the only people dining in the place, but that's ok we felt like it was our own kitchen! The location is great right on the beach. If you go earlier you can see and hear, but later it gets so black that you can just hear. But the breeze is beautiful and feels authentic. We got there and the menu on the chalk board told you what there was fresh for the day. We got the pasta/shellfish dish for two. It had everything in it and was delicious. The staff was very nice and the wine list was good enough. We would probably go back once we have tried all the others on our list. If you like seafood you would probably love this.. And if you like eating on the beach and having the breeze in your hair, you'll probably love this. Its not a huge place so if going in season make a reservation.

• Visited July 2014

New York City, New York
“Paella Paella Paella”
Reviewed June 17, 2014

The food was delicious. The ambiance is lovely and quaint. Totally Tulum style and vibe. We definitely enjoyed our meal and would definitely go back. Friendly people working there. We had a great time. On the beach as well. Can be a bit windy but there is an indoor space where you can be seated. ENJOY!!

Visited May 2014
1 Thank romeoklein
Tulum, Mexico
“beautiful surprise”
Reviewed May 14, 2014

great atmosphere and decor. the place is very well taken care and with loving details. you feel like home... the food very very good and the deserts were the big surprise. for the first time in my live had a lovely spinach dark chocolate pie..best thing ever!!!! congratulations.! cant wait to come back!

• Visited May 2014
2 Thank yellowsmileystar
Milan, Italy
“Always special!!!!”
Reviewed April 29, 2014 via mobile

Every time that I come to Tulum I feel that I miss something if I don't go to Hemingway. Food is excellent and the terrace is something special. Try the mariscada, home made pasta with fresh fish. The price is ok, totally aligned with the other restaurants at the beach. I really suggest this place. Enjoy the paradise!!!

Atlanta, GA
“Delicious food, beautiful setting, very expensive”
Reviewed March 13, 2014

My husband and I had lunch here in early March. I liked that the menu was limited to a few choices, but since it's not written down, you have no idea of the prices. I had two glasses of the house white wine, which was excellent, but it turned out they cost $12 each! I had a seafood salad and my husband had the house specialty, seafood pasta. Both were outstanding. My salad came with grilled calamari which I'd never had before but was really, really good. We don't speak Spanish but had no trouble ordering. Very nice restaurant -- just be prepared for high prices. Our lunch was $1000 pesos before tip.

• Visited March 2014