“Always special!!!!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hemingway Restaurant

Hemingway Restaurant
Ranked #84 of 384 Restaurants in Tulum
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: Small and nice restaurant where Hemingway and 'recommended reservation for dinner. The Chef Luke and Nicola, Italian, will present you with love and care with their fish dishes, homemade pasta, seafood, bread, cake and a nice selection of desserts always home-made with fresh ingredients.We use only fresh fish, ripe tomatoes and extra virgin olive oil. For breakfast in the morning, bread, dessert of the day and homemade jam. The restaurant is ocean front and has a nice big terrace on the beach! Only 5 tables.
Milan, Italy
“Always special!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2014 via mobile

Every time that I come to Tulum I feel that I miss something if I don't go to Hemingway. Food is excellent and the terrace is something special. Try the mariscada, home made pasta with fresh fish. The price is ok, totally aligned with the other restaurants at the beach. I really suggest this place. Enjoy the paradise!!!

Atlanta, GA
“Delicious food, beautiful setting, very expensive”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 13, 2014

My husband and I had lunch here in early March. I liked that the menu was limited to a few choices, but since it's not written down, you have no idea of the prices. I had two glasses of the house white wine, which was excellent, but it turned out they cost $12 each! I had a seafood salad and my husband had the house specialty, seafood pasta. Both were outstanding. My salad came with grilled calamari which I'd never had before but was really, really good. We don't speak Spanish but had no trouble ordering. Very nice restaurant -- just be prepared for high prices. Our lunch was $1000 pesos before tip.

• Visited March 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
New York City, New York
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Casual, great seafood and salad”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2014

outdoor seating. nice vibe. casual as all Tulum restaurants are. Amazing seafood and salad. Great margarita. Sit outside.

Visited February 2014
London, United Kingdom
“Laid back Sunday lunch”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 10, 2014

We visited for Sunday lunch. It’s run by an Italian with no menu; you select from what is available on the day and we chose seafood pasta and frito misto. We were delighted with both, fresh, beautifully presented and, we felt, reasonably priced for the quality. Our leisurely meal was enhanced by Nigel and Dorian playing on the terrace. On our return, we looked it up on TA and were surprised to see that our experience was at odds with many other reviewers.

• Visited January 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
San Jose, California
“Overrated”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 14, 2014

The food was beautifully presented and tasty. It was on the main tourist row but still much more expensive than anywhere else. The glasses of wine were a 4 oz pour. Standard in the states is 6 oz. I never had anything less than 6 oz or more in Mexico. The margarita was only half filled. 2 4 oz pours of wine, 1 1/2 of a margarita, 2 appetizers (Bruschetta and cheese plate) over 80 USD.

Visited January 2014