“Great lunch and beach club”
Review of Ziggy's

Ziggy's
Ranked #23 of 389 Restaurants in Tulum
Cuisines: Mexican, Caribbean, Bar, Seafood, Central American
Good for: Bar scene, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Kids, Scenic view, Families with children, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Drinks, Brunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wine and Beer
Description: Caribbean sun, sweeping white sand beach, big coconut trees, and a breathtaking view of the turquoise sea. This is not a description of Daniel Defoe's Robinson Crusoe, it is the location of Ziggy's,Beach Club and Restaurant. Open from 7am-11pm every day. We offer our guests three different types of menu: international Breakfast - tasteful snacks and Lunch at our Beach club - fine gourmet Dinner selection. It's the perfect place to relax and reunite with nature. This is the place to go for delicious seafood and excellent drinks.
Kansas City, Missouri
“Great lunch and beach club”
Reviewed December 26, 2012

We spent the afternoon at Ziggy's while staying at Posada Yum Kin in town. I had researched beach clubs and this one sounded like a nice option. I definitely made the right choice. The beach beds are wonderful and very comfortable with pillows included. Loved that. We also had lunch which was delicious and inexpensive. I had the veggie wrap and my husband had the fish wrap. Both were tasty and came with fries. Our meals and an agua fresca came to only about $20 USD or so. No charge to use the beach beds and all of the facilities with the purchase of lunch...a great deal. The bathrooms were beautiful and immaculate with nice showers. I have to say that I was also admiring the rooms at the hotel on the propery, Cabanas Tulum. the accomodations looked lovely from the outside though we didn't see inside them.
If you're looking for a beach club to spend a couple of hours or the entire day, this place is wonderful!

1 Thank trishkc

• Turkish first
Pocasset, Massachusetts
“Doesn't get better”
Reviewed November 23, 2012

We ate here frequently during our 8 day stay at Cabanas Tulum. It was the best restaurant in Tulum by far. Amazing views, great food, presented beautifully, staff was very attentive and friendly. My husband loves cerviche and rated this the best in Tulum. Although I'm not usually the biggest fan of Mexican food, I could always find something to order here and it was always delicious.
As others have mentioned, the breakfast is amazing. The fruit plate and juices are so fresh! And if you're a fan of spicy food, you'll love the menu here.

2 Thank Ursula G
London, Canada
“A Perfect Day in Paradise”
Reviewed November 19, 2012

I've been to the beach club here several times. There's a reason we keep coming back. The chill vibe on the beach with the beds under the coconut groves and waiters serving 2 for 1 cold beverages (Mojitos with real mint!) is so relaxing it's ridiculous. The surf is great for boogie boarding. At lunch or at the end of the day having a meal here just puts the icing on the cake. The fresh ceviche and the tuna nachos are soooo good, my wife had an organic green salad and asked for a little seared tuna on top - it came with a very good sized piece with a blackening spice on it - incredible! 6 of us were there for the afternoon, had more than a few cocktails, along with a late lunch. The whole bill was $140US - to me it was a bargain!. If you miss this place you are missing a true gem!

1 Thank Scot A
Kansas
“Very nice day here”
Reviewed November 19, 2012

Food and service were both very good here and the beach area was outstanding. I had a lot of fun watching the workers move a giant palm tree stump to the restaurant entrance.

1 Thank RastamanInKansas
Orlando
“El Bistro after visiting Tulum was perfect”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Ok, by far, this is the prettiest beach I have ever seen... and I live in Florida. Really great oasis with sunbeds, tables under coconut trees and hammocks. Of all the places we visited in the Riveria Maya, this is the place everyone should see. The food at El Bistro was terrific - I had the shrimp tacos, and of course, they taste so much better on the beach. Get there early though. We got there around 9am-ish or so and pretty much had the whole beach to ourselves, and by 11am it was like a bus unloaded a ton of people that came down and took away the secluded feeling. I would consider booking a few nights at a hotel in the Tulum area to get away from the city feeling in Playa. It's very romantic! Rosa was a server and she was great. Plus the bathrooms were the cleanest I have ever seen in a beach or restaurant enviroment.

• Visited October 2012