“Great Service, Great Food”
Review of Ziggy's

Ziggy's
Ranked #17 of 413 Restaurants in Tulum
Cuisines: American, Mexican, Seafood, Central American
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Romantic, Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Caribbean sun, sweeping white sand beach, big coconut trees, and a breathtaking view of the turquoise sea. This is not a description of Daniel Defoe's Robinson Crusoe, it is the location of Ziggy's,Beach Club and Restaurant. Open from 7am-11pm every day. We offer our guests three different types of menu: international Breakfast - tasteful snacks and Lunch at our Beach club - fine gourmet Dinner selection. It's the perfect place to relax and reunite with nature. This is the place to go for delicious seafood and excellent drinks.
Reviewed September 30, 2012

During our week stay, we dined at El Bistro for at least one meal everyday. Our morning server, Emilio, was great. He even opened early due to our early departure time, to serve us toast and coffee. Each meal we ordered was delicious and beautifully presented. Will definitely eat there on future visits. Highly recommended.

1  Thank Rhonda F

Reviewed September 29, 2012 via mobile

My girlfriend and I (she left as my fiancee) stayed at Cabanas Tulum during the first week of September. We were in the beachfront deluxe rooms right next to the restaurant El Bistro, which shares the property of Ziggy Beach with the hotel.
We ate every meal at El Bistro and don't regret our decision.
As for particulars, maybe it's easier to break it down into categories:
Atmosphere: A+
you can't beat the location and vibe here. You are 30 feet from the beach, can see the ocean through the palm trees, can hear the roar of the ocean and feel the breeze. There is the swing bar area to order you drinks and chit chat with the friendly bartenders, there's the large thatched roof, open air, beamed dining area for indoor dining on the beach, seating in the open sand space before the beach and some tables under a wooden cover to give you some shade and an amazing view of the ocean.
The only drawback might have been that while we were there they said the sound system had broken, and despite enjoying the quiet, some music, even playing softly when we were enjoying late night cocktails or during happy hour would have been great. That said, they seem on top of their game and I'm sure that was rectified quickly.
Food/drinks: A
The drink menu and cocktail selection is extensive and Cecilio the bartender made amazing mojitos, margaritas and jalapeño margaritas with a smile.
We snacked on fish tacos and green salad for lunch...both fresh and fantastic!
Breakfast was highlighted by fresh juices, hot coffee and burritos and my personal favorite, their motulenos (eggs over a tortilla, refried beans, covered in cheese, chorizo, and a delicious sauce!)
Dinners were fantastic as well. The Mexican spiced chicken dish was great, as was the grouper. We also tried tortilla soup, the tuna nachos and some other appetizers and all were great. The only negative was the surf n turf. I ordered it medium rare so it was my own fault, but the filet was chewy and practically raw..again you get what you ask for..just next time I'll ask for medium well. Lol
Desserts were fantastic! The pineapple creme brûlée and the chocolate souffle were both outstanding!
Prices: A
compared to new York prices, the menu was more than fair. They also give you a 25% off your first dinner coupon when you stay at the hotel..which I neglected to use, but again, who's fault is that? :) breakfast is also free with hotel stay, you get juice and one coffee item and an item from the delicious breakfast menu. Even a la carte, the prices were reasonable.
Drink-wise, there is the 2-for-1 drinks from 11 or 12 to 6pm. Order two beers, you get four. But don't forget if you and your girlfriend both get mojitos, one of them isn't free..the next ones you both order are..so make sure and get them:)
Service: A++
Emilio is the best and hardest worker on the beach. He's an excellent waiter with a smile on his face constantly. Cecilio the bartender is also great, friendly and so helpful. Thanks to all the staff by the way. The worked with myself and the hotel's housekeeping and management, Patti and Sandra, to serve us an off the menu Mexican feast the night I proposed to my girlfriend. While we dined, they let housekeeping know it was time to decorate our room and while we wrapped up, I told the head waiter that we'd be ready in 10 minutes and he let the housekeeper know it was time to light all the candles she set up. Amazing coordination and effort that made our night all the more memorable.
We are in the process of booking the hotel and restaurant for our wedding next year because of this experience.

3  Thank Eric S
Reviewed September 29, 2012

Visited in 2010 when we stayed in Akumal. Stopped in from the beach side this visit. Quick service, good food and drinks. Great veiw of the water.

Reviewed September 23, 2012

The best restaurant in Tulum Beach. Great lunch and dinner absolute value for your money.
Cajun tuna was our favorite.

1  Thank SuviJukko
Reviewed September 19, 2012

Had dinner here one afternoon. My wife had the Tuna Ceasar salad which she loved. I had the maxi quesadillas. They looked alot better than they tasted. The shrimp were a bit overcooked but too cold and the sauce was kind of bitter. The breakfast was very good but the service was kind of slow. I felt like the maxi quesadillas were way overpriced to be one cheese quesadilla with five shrimp on top.

1  Thank ineedasol