“Bad Front Desk Management, Beautiful Hotel”
Review of Luv Tulum

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Tulum
Luv Tulum
Ranked #27 of 99 Hotels in Tulum
Reviewed June 18, 2013

The fact that they make guests switch rooms like its the norm makes me uneasy about this otherwise beautiful hotel.

Please make sure you secure ONE room before you get to the hotel. This was a huge inconvenience for us since they moved us from a BEAUTIFUL oceanfront room to a room in the back full of mosquitoes.

The oceanfront rooms and beach are beyond gorgeous. The food is good at best. We often went next door to casa violeta for their amazing pizza.

Overall, there are better hotels in Gorgeous TULUM.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Raquel E

Reviewed May 23, 2013

I don't know where to start. I have been frequenting the Mayan Riviera for over 10 years, but this was my first time staying in Tulum. I could not be happier. I was taking my boyfriend for the first time, and I wanted to make sure we had an authentically-Tulum experience: sleeping in cabanas on the beach, candle-lit evenings, wonderful service and great memories.

I got even more than I had hoped with Luv Tulum. From Pepe the manager, to the accommodating front desk staff, to the delightful restaurant staff, everyone was friendly, kind, and seemed to take pride in the jobs they were doing. Everyone went out of their way to make the trip as enjoyable as possible and it could not have been better.

The other thing to keep in mind (if you have never been to Tulum) is that the structures are not "permanent" to everyone's standards - thatched roofs and slats for walls ensure you fall asleep to the sounds of the sea and wake up to the sun rising over the ocean - but they tend to not keep the bugs out. A spray down with OFF before bed is advised.

Anyway, I can't wait to go back!! It was a 10/10 in my mind!

Room Tip: We had the pleasure of staying in 3 different rooms - two king and one queen. If you can afford it...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 21, 2013

My first time in Tulum and I choosed this magical place for propose to her. We spent 4 night. Everything was surprise for her, all the staff from LuvTulum helped me and this was one of the best moments of our life, I know it because she loves telling the story to everybody and how those 4 nights were like the best hooneymoon. We are looking for go back.
Thank Luvtulum and Renata!

Room Tip: Amor and Luna are the best rooms ever, perfect view!
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 26, 2013

i almost don't want to write this review as i want Luv Tulum to stay secret! My husband and I booked a 2-week holiday to Luv Tulum and it was our best holiday to date. From day 1, the staff couldn't be more helpful or friendly. The cabanas are lovely, and super clean. I was concerned from reading previous reviews about the showers in the rooms... I have no idea why anyone had a complaint as they were absolutely fine!! Food at Luv Tulum and all the restaurants we ate at along the beach was lovely, and Carlos at the Luv Tulum bar always looked after us. The stretch of beach where Luv Tulum is situtated is definitely the best along that side.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Annie J
Reviewed April 25, 2013

The property at Luv Tulum is absolutely breathtaking. Multiple level thatched huts encircle a lovely beach lounging area. The beach area really is the shining star of the whole place – it was one of the nicest I saw on our whole stay. There were hammocks between palm trees, shaded beach lounge chairs and beds, and my favorite – a swinging beach bed. It did seem that you had to reserve your spot for the day quite early in the morning but we never had a problem finding a great spot to sunbathe.
We were a group of 4 and had one second floor room and one first floor room. The rooms were quite spacious and nicely decorated but I thought they were a bit pricey ($245/night) for what we got. I was a little nervous about bugs due to the slightly worn bathroom and shoddily installed screens but we didn’t have a huge problem (though we did find a crab and some ant-like creatures in the bathroom which was to be expected). It was so wonderful to have the screens open and hear the waves crashing all night though even with the fan I was still so hot that I had a hard time sleeping. Our friends were on the first floor and said they weren’t hot at all so if you are sensitive to the heat, I would recommend reserving a first floor room.

The breakfast was delicious – strong and flavorful coffee, fruit, yogurt and fresh bread – all with a lovely oceanfront view. The restaurant also offered beachside service which we took advantage of – I can’t count the number of times we ordered guacamole to our loungers!

The staff were mostly quite pleasant – they helped us with restaurant recommendations and ordered fantastic massage therapists right to our rooms (ask for Carlo or Rita!) The only downside to our whole stay was that there was some sketchy financial practices with the exchange rate . The administrative offices were using a 13.5 peso to the dollar exchange rate while the restaurant was using 10 peso to the dollar. We checked with many other establishments we visited and they all confirmed that the current rate was 12.25 and that our hotel should have used that rate. When we questioned the exchange rate discrepancies on the day of our check out, the front desk attendant said he had gotten other complaints about the different rates but that the rate was determined by the owner and that we had to pay the full price for the room (which ended up being $80 more than using the correct exchange rate). He also said that the restaurant had a different owner which is why their rates were different.
After arguing for a bit, the person working the desk finally amended the bill to the correct exchange rate though they were not very nice about it.

All and all we had a wonderful stay at Luv Tulum but after our incident at check out and the high price of the rooms, I think that there are probably better deals along the same stretch of beach.

Room Tip: I would recommend Agua for beautiful views though the best rooms appears to be those directly on the...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank bergen17
Reviewed April 15, 2013

My wife and I returned to Tulum after a 13 year absence and were ecstatic to find that it hadn't lost its magic. We deliberated long and hard about where to stay and couldn't have been happier that we chose Luv Tulum... The room was spacious, comfortable and beautiful in that rustic Tulum way (hand carved beams, plantain leaf roof, shells and stones embedded in the bathroom floor and walls...). The staff at the front desk and restaurant were welcoming and helpful - bikes available to rent, books available to borrow, free wifi, awesome included breakfast of fresh fruit and eggs. The location was great, allowing easy exploring of the beach and other resorts and restaurants in both directions. Oh and of course being right on one of the most beautiful stretches of beach in the world was unbeatable.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Richard D
Reviewed April 13, 2013

We just came back from our vacation at Luv Tulum. Despite a confusion with our reservation, Daisy was very helpfull and it got sorted out and we had a very relaxing time. The hotel is great, we loved the cabana right on the beach, with beautiful views! Very comfortable and clean rooms, good breakfast and excellent location! Lots of great restaurants nearby and the longest most beautiful white sand beach! Beautiful Tulum!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family