Green Tulum Cabanas & Gardens
Joy Tulum(Tulum)
Gaia Tulum(Tulum)
  • Breakfast included
View Hotel
All reviewsfour posterthe main stripjunglenetsbungalow
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 22, 2012

Nice and clean hotel! Rooms are good surrounded by gardens. Smoking free hotel and dont expect a TV and a fridge in your room! Little down side if you dont drive a car the town is about 20 minutes walk... And very dark at night! The beach is a 15 minutes car ride away. Breakfast very basic! But in general i liked it!

• Stayed: February 2012
Reviewed February 2, 2012

Give this place a miss! On arrival, having had to wait 10mins for someone to come to the reception to check us in, I lit a cigarette outside in the car park. The manager arrived shouting and yelling at me to get off the property! It turned out that the whole space was smoke free including the car park!
They had no idea we were coming even though we had confirmation of our booking with us, and that was Christmas eve! It took so long to check in I had 3 smokes outside on the dirt track while the incompetent manager flapped about inside!
It's a very long walk to the center of Tulum from here and you'll pass a couple of very dodgy prostitute bars just around the corner from "Green Tulum" which are frequented by the hundreds of truckers which pass by its door, changing down gears as they come to a halt!
The huts are expensive for what you get, riddled with mosquitoes, and incredibly noisy at night from trucks and neighbours playing loud music!
Having had no sleep I went outside "on the road" for a smoke before breakfast. The manager followed me out and shouted at me to go inside for my breakfast! That was when I decided to skip breakfast, hail a taxi, and get out of this dump! Check out took a further 15 mins. The credit card machine didn't work apparently so I had to pay in cash, and since then have found they charged my card US$390 also! ( I'm still waiting to be reimbursed!)
Tulum is great though, so visit it BUT stay somewhere else!

Room Tip: ear plugs a must!
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Michael R
Reviewed January 7, 2012

We booked this on internet and photos looked fine. Actually it was dreadful. There was nobody at reception, they were confused and eventually showed us to a cabana which was at best rustic but cleaning was suspect (mirror dirty is a good indicator) Bed was clean and comfortable but a plastic sheet covered the mosquito net. The sink had cold water only, shower was lukewarm. We found the noise at night intolerable due to trucks accelerating away from the last speed hump in town and the 24hr gas station nearby. Staff were just not interested and lacked motivation.

Room Tip: If you stay here asked for a cabana away from the road!
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Richlar
Reviewed January 1, 2012

This wasn't for us but it will suit lots of people. The positives: it's v charming, green, staff is willing, there's parking. Minuses: 'green' means cabanas are v open so bugs and mosquitoes are possible. Hot water wasnt regular and bathrooms are basic. 10minutes by car to beach. Proximity to road means you hear traffic.

• Stayed: December 2011
Reviewed December 31, 2011

Not sure who all are giving these folks good ratings. First - there was no one at the reception. When a guy finally came, he made us fill out a form which after he took from us fell on the ground behind the desk which he didnt even pick up. Second - The rooms were nicely done at some point but now there was dust on everything. I couldnt walk barefoot in the room. The restroom had a couple of insects which is scary cause I have had a bed-bug incident once. There was no water in the room for quite sometime in the evening. There was no hot water. There was hardly any space in the bathroom to do anything. There is some construction going on near by and they started work really early in the morning. So it was sooooo noisy. This place is next to a highway so it was very noisy as the cabanas are like sheds with a lot of openings (covered with a mesh). These guys have a wi-fi which works only in their eating area but not to the rooms. The only saving grace here was that we had a comfortable bed and a decent breakfast. I am so glad we stayed here only for a night. This was the last day of our trip and it was disappointing that such a wonderful trip ended this way.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple