Yoga Shala Tulum
Diamante K(Tulum)(Great Value!)
$141
$392
$641
All reviewsexcellent thai foodprivate bathshared bathroomthe cleaning ladybeach zonescreened windowstop floorlocation is greathanging bedsper daybooked nightssmall kitchenwonderful beachevery morningspecial thanksboutique hotelclasses
Reviewed September 16, 2010

I arrived in late August for 3 nites, and it was super HOT! But thank god for some breezes and fans in the rooms. The yoga studio and teachers were very nice, and classes small. My room was small, but inexpensive, I would upgrade to a larger room next time. I loved the eco friendly bathroom and just the whole feeling of the place. A good place to travel solo, I met some really nice people. Easy to get taxis to get around. Dont miss the Cenotes!!

Thanks, Gary!!:)

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 31, 2010

the room was very nice and clean super cozy and romantic, the location is very good just 3 minutes from the beach, break ast healthy and just 5$ :D great service..you will meet nice people the from all over the world, I love it and my parter as well we cant wait to back is a paradise!!!!!

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 23, 2010

I joked with Gary that I did not want to write this shining review in selfish fear that others would flock to their lovely get-away making it less accesible to me when I was ready to return!

This was such an amazing trip. Gary, his lovely girlfriend and staff make my stay so enjoyable. It is a quiet peaceful tucked away palapa home, catering to a meditative get-away from the rush of city living. My rooms were simple and clean. The beds were new and comfy and the other quiet quests made getting to bed early a delight. The property is off the grid so there is limited access to electricity, but is there when you need it at night and in the morning, and there is no air conditioning. So if you are not willing to be "at one" with the beautiful envirnment then then is not the place for you.

As a solo travelor I instantly met other travelers to go out biking, swimming and adventuring with and when I needed down time I relaxed on a couch and read my book, did a yoga class, or sat in a hammock on the beach.

The beach is seriously a few steps away and Beautiful!! Almost no one on it. Sea turtles were laying their eggs and night, and romatically the local people were feircely protecting them from any ignorgant tourist disturbances.

Just down the road Jose had just opened Loco Local, where I went almost everyday to chat and order Pescadillas (little spicy fish taco like delicasies) for $30 pesos! Thats less then $3. GO!!!! Say hi to Jose for me.

And if you're up for a company adventure day, Edventures Company Tour picked me up for a full day of activites that was well worth it. Otherwise things are easily accesible by taxi, though taxis are a little pricey, or by Bicycles which Gary has for rent on a daily basis.

Bottom line is go!!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled solo
1  Thank bethc45
Reviewed July 13, 2010

First my husband and I are not into nature yoga nor are we vegetarians so I was alittle scared stay here but it was a very good hotel. The place is clean and welcoming, Gary and his wife a wonderful host. The people you meet are fantastic as well. I do recommend getting a room in the front #4 is really nice and the bed is the best. A word of caution the floors are concrete and very very slippery when wet use caution. Ask Gary anything he knows the area and has the hook up on food and car rentals. Our experience was wonderful and we will be returning soon. O and the massage we booked was very relaxing I very much recommend Catalina.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank santyortiz
Reviewed June 22, 2010

We stayed at Yoga Shala for 10 nights whilst backpacking in Mexico. Garry and Akal the owners really made our stay in Tulum extra special with their incredible hospitality and generosity as well as a wealth of local knowledge. Art and Marguerite, the staff at Yoga Shala, always greeted us with a smile and were also on hand to offer help and advice when we needed it.
We stayed in two rooms here during our stay, one with a shared bathroom and the other with a priavte bathroom. Both rooms were kept spotlessly clean with a daily maid service and the shared bathroom too was always emacualte. The hotel was very peaceful and quiet and at night you could hear the sounds of the jungle and the waves on the beach. It is incredibly good value in comparison to a basic cabana we stayed in for one night for the same cost.
Yoga Shala is in a wonderful location, across the road from the beach so you can escape from the wind and sand in the evenings but enjoy the proximity to the sea. The hotel has a lovely garden with hammocks and tables and at night it is candle lit and a great place to relax.
Breakfast here was coinsistantly yummy with fresh fruit, yogurt, granola, coffee and amazing juice everyday...the iguanas like the papaya if you leave them a bit!
The Yoga centre here was always busy and offered a variety of classes (although we could never drag ourselves from the beach or breakfast to try one!)
We will definately return here not only for the wonderful location but to see all the lovely people at Yoga Shala!

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled solo