“Private house right on beautiful coral bay”
other travelers have booked this property
View of the villa and Bay from the pool deck.
Beach front view from just about everywhere.  Paddle boarders  enjoying the Bay Beach side upper Veranda runs the full length of the house. Beautiful view of the Bay and property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Excellent
View of the villa and Bay from the pool deck.
Beach front view from just about everywhere.  Paddle boarders  enjoying the Bay
Upper Veranda seating area with views of the property and the Bay
View of the Bay
Beach palapa with hammocks, kayaks and beach
Paddle boards and view of the Bay
View from the water
40 meters of beach front
Beach Front
Covered outdoor kitchen and upper veranda
Night time
Bedroom #3 lower level with king bed and private bathroom
Bedroom #3's private bathroom
Lower level bedroom #4 king bed, A/C, private bathroom
Bedroom #4's private Bathroom
Outdoor dining area with a view
Outdoor kitchen and dining area
Bedroom #2
Bedroom #2
Beach palapa and hammocks
Outdoor shower
Soliman Bay from the Roof Top
Fully equipped kitchen and dining
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

French first
Any
William A
Nashville, Tennessee
“Don't stay at Casa Tortuga”
Reviewed November 4, 2015 for a stay in October 2015
people found this review helpful

Don't stay at Casa Tortuga. While my group was there, the house was in the middle of a renovation (incomplete front wall, exposed wiring, leaking ceilings, boarded up windows) and we were consistently surrounded by at least 5 workers on the property at all times. We were expecting a "beautiful" home with "unparalleled privacy" as described by the listing. To put it bluntly, this was a lie. Cheryl was unwilling to offer any meaningful help or a discounted stay. By the time you stay at the house, the construction might be complete, but just know that if anything goes wrong or things are not as you expect, you will receive no help.

Traveling group: Friends
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Management Response
Nov 18, 2015
We are very sorry that you had such a bad experience. We did try to settle this prior however with your request of a 50% refund, we felt your request was unreasonable. Please allow me to explain; We were by no means in the middle of a renovation. I emailed you several days prior to your arrival regarding pool construction on our 2nd lot beside the house, I also sent arrival instruction a map & some area information. I was in daily contact with Mauricio my on site manager as well as Barbara the wedding planner for your friends wedding, a pre wedding event of 60+ guests was planned and held at Casa Tortuga the evening of the 30th. The wedding planner sent me an email the following day letting me know the house and property looked great and the party was a success, the groom (your friend) was happy. You contacted me on the 5th afternoon of a 7 night stay, when I received your email, I instantly stopped the construction of the pool. I did my best to explain to you the back wall was in fact a finished wall built with traditional Mexican materials for the 90's. This wall is at the back, not a focal point of the house, there are no verandas or decks at this small section. I would be happy to send photos showing this wall. The interior and exterior photos shown were taken 2 days prior to your arrival. In your email you commented that my staff was very helpful and looked after everything very quickly and efficiently. The area has had heavy rains and storms due to the time of year, the ceiling leak was a one time event which was cleaned up right away with no damage to anyone's belongings. Once the rain stopped the leak was fixed. The master bedroom has 4 windows we covered 2 windows facing north to stop the rain from coming in. The other 2 windows face the ocean and have a beautiful ocean view plus a door to the covered beach side veranda. One light fixture in one bathroom was broken and is now replaced. This bathroom does have several other light fixtures. I do wish you would have contacted me sooner allowing me the opportunity to deal with any concerns or problems. From all the reports I received prior to your email on the 5th day, your group was enjoying your stay attending dinner parties, out touring around etc. Myself and my staff are very easy to get a hold of and always do everything possible for the guests comfort. My weekly rates for your stay were over 37% less than any other 4 bedroom home in the area according to TripAdvisor. I am always available to assist guests, please feel free to contact me direct, I would be happy to answer any questions. Sincerely Cheryl
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed July 13, 2015 for a stay in July 2015

Traveling group: Friends
Keuka431
Bay Area, CA
“Peaceful Retreat”
Reviewed April 23, 2014 for a stay in April 2014
person found this review helpful

Our family stayed at Casa Tortuga in April, 2014. The house was exactly as I expected after scanning some of the other reviews here. It's a peaceful place in a beautiful setting. We kayaked in the bay and tied up to the buoys out by the reef and did some nice snorkeling. We only went out in the kayaks a couple of times, but the setting is perfect for that. The property is large and very well maintained. The hangout spots / hammocks / etc. are perfect. Our main problem was convincing our kids to get out of the hammocks when we wanted to go somewhere else. There are many 'eco adventure' places in the area. We went to LabnaHa which is very close. You can drive into Tulum in 15 minutes and go up to Akumal in slightly less. We went scuba diving in Akumal so Soliman Bay is a nice base for that. Soliman Bay is very quiet and there are no stores etc...Which was fine for us, but just don't come expecting you can walk to a grocery store. There is no AC in the master bedroom, and that was no problem at all for us. We enjoyed the constant breeze off the bay and the ceiling fans...just the image of tropical getaway. Very difficult to leave!

Traveling group: Teenagers
Your age range 50-64
TX
Reviewed September 11, 2013 for a stay in August 2013
people found this review helpful

A romantic getaway Rugged travelers
Management Response
Sep 11, 2013
We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay at Casa Tortuga and agree that it's the perfect place for a family or friends vacation.
New York
Reviewed September 3, 2013 for a stay in May 2013

A romantic getaway
Dana W
Baltimore, Maryland
“Nature Lover’s Paradise”
Reviewed April 28, 2012 for a stay in August 2011

Casa Tortuga is a nature lover’s paradise! Of course it goes without saying, seeing mother sea turtles laying eggs, and the baby hatchlings trek to the sea is akin to a spiritual experience. Right in front of the casa, the shallow Solomon Bay provides a perfect nursery for uncountable marine species, while the trees provide homes for a variety of rare birds, and land animals.

In the crystal clear water, we see all kinds of baby tropical fish, with octopus, lobster, conch, stingray etc. In fact we see new species on nearly every beach walk. The kayaks provide access to the large bay where the shallow drop-off is perfect for snorkeling on the beautiful coral reef.

Spectacular tropical bird species abound, sharing the yard with their terrestrial neighbors. What a treat to see families of rare, red-vented, Yucatan Woodpeckers living right outside of the kitchen window, with the children trying to sneak up on the geckos, iguanas, and a variety of crabs. If you are a nature lover, Casa Tortuga is a stay you will cherish forever.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Traveling group: With Friends
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
Large groups
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Ca
Reviewed March 1, 2012 for a stay in February 2012

Rugged travelers
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing