“Seriously...”

Ranked #24 of 95 Hotels in Tulum
Miami, FL
“Seriously...”
Reviewed November 6, 2012

I've never written a review before, not have I been a member of this site--I just come here to read reviews when I'm considering where to vacation as I find them helpful in guiding my final decision. Well, Be Tulum just made me register on Trip Advisor as I felt compelled to review it.

I was just here for a wedding this past weekend and I'm so totally blown away I had to write. The staff? SO nice, professional, intelligent, young yet mature. I'm not kidding when I say each and every staff member we encountered was cool, laid back, helpful and just entirely "got it."

The food? Exquisite. Really. Everything from the fruit to the coffee to the eggs to the calamari was just awesome.

The beach? Top notch, and I've been to many beaches from the South Pacific to the BVI's. Relaxing, peaceful, clean...great sand, very few local people selling anything (which makes me a little nuts), drinks and food on the beach at your fancy. Super comfortable sand beds, or whatever those huge lounges are on the sand.

And the rooms were great. We were in A17 and other than not having entirely hot water, I'm not sure I'd have a bone to pick otherwise.

And finally just Tulum itself is fantastic. For a $4-5 cab (or a short, free bike ride) you can hit some really great little food spots and shopping down the street--casa banana, hartwood, etc. GREAT food. Double check the name as my memory is poor, but...

Anyway, if you're considering this, heed my advice: DO IT, you won't regret it...assuming you like smaller, boutique hotels. This ain't no Marriott--thank god!

Room Tip: A17 was my room--excellent and close to the bar and beach.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
5 Thank Caveman310
BeHotels, Online Communications Manager at Be Tulum Hotel, responded to this review, November 20, 2012
Dear "Caveman310",

We are very happy to know that you enjoyed your time at Be Tulum! Thank you for the lovely words! And thanks for signing up on TripAdvisor in order to share your experience!

Be Tulum Management

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (215)
  • Polish first
Maryland
Reviewed November 5, 2012

We were driving around Tulum and someone told us to come by and have dinner at this hotel. WOW!! It was great, what a beautiful place, very relaxing, and the food was GREAT!!! We ate on the beach at a long table, the four of us sat on one side so we could all look at the ocean. I great way to end the day, and end our trip! Next time... I think we need to stay here as well!

1 Thank burrowbk
Dear "burrowbk",

Thank you for your kind words about our hotel and restaurant!

New York City, New York
Reviewed November 4, 2012

Most amazing resort in Tulum! The service was wonderful and everyone was very friendly and knowledgeable. We had a wonderful time and the staff took care of every detail. Rooms were beautiful, overlooked the pristine Tulum beach. A dream place!

1 Thank sara m
Dear "sara m",

Thank you for your nice feedback! We love to know you found a dream place here!

San Francisco, California
Reviewed November 1, 2012

This beautiful little hotel is on the best part of the most beautiful beach with the most charming and gracious staff. I can't wait to return! We stayed for six days, so I was glad we had a car, as the hotel is a bit far (15 minute drive) from town and the ruins. That distance is also one of the draws, as it means your little slice of paradise you get pretty much all to yourself!!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
BeHotels, Online Communications Manager at Be Tulum Hotel, responded to this review, November 4, 2012
Dear "Eiming",

Thank you for your amazing words! We love to read that you liked our hotel so much!

We look forward to welcome you again very soon on this beautiful part of the world!

Mexico
Reviewed October 25, 2012

My first visit to Tulum and It had to be this hotel that made one of my favorite weekends ever. Great place, really nice service and people and everything seems to be so natural and simple without sacrificing comfort. I will definitely come back.

Room Tip: Every room has a mini pool - higher floor has the best
2 Thank Karina M
BeHotels, Online Communications Manager at Be Tulum Hotel, responded to this review, October 27, 2012
Dear "Karina M",

Thank you very much for such a positive review!

Dallas, Texas
Reviewed October 22, 2012

We transferred to Be Tulum from Coqui Coqui due to a horrible experience (no ac, dim lighting, crabs in room) and were not disappointed!! The front desk staff (who took us in at 11pm) was kind and courteous, the room was spacious, cool, and had a jacuzzi tub. the restaurant was fantastic, the beach view and service was amazing... I cant say enough about the place! We were spending our time in Tulum to celebrate my birthday... which started off rocky, but as soon as we moved to Be, we didnt want to leave. I would definately go back!!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank seville g
Dear "seville g",

Thank you for your feedback! It is nice to know you had a great time with us!

Global
Reviewed October 19, 2012

We stayed at Be Tulum for one week in one of the Arena suites. Our first three days were perfect, exactly as almost all of the reviews here suggest. Unfortunately for the last four days the pool area was out of action due to some repair work. This was very unfortunate, but management handled this professionally and gave us reasonable compensation for the inconvenience.

You will certainly have a fantastic time at Be Tulum if you are looking for a nice, quiet place to stay that is definitely best suited for couples. Service quality is very high and the standard of food is very good. There are plenty of beach beds and the overall atmosphere of the hotel is very relaxed in a sophisticated sort of way. Definitely the place to stay for a couple from a major city looking for some quiet beach time together away from all the normal stress.

Apart from the pool issue (which was finally fixed just as we checked out), we had an excellent time at the hotel. Some things to keep in mind: The remote location of the hotel means a few things. Firstly, you will not get reception on your mobile phone (this is not necessarily a bad thing!). Secondly, power supply in the area is not the best, so the rooms don't have individual minibars (this was a surprise to us), but the room service functions very well and more than compensates for the lack of minibar. Thirdly, there are no TVs in the rooms, so if you are expecting to watch a movie etc. be sure to download some on your ipad etc. before you come. Fourthly, there is wifi in the hotel, but the speed of the service is probably not what you are used to at home. It's good enough to check emails etc., but anything more demanding than that might prove to be a problem. Finally, the water heating system seems to be solar, which is fine most of the time, but very early morning showers might be a bit lukewarm. I'm not sure if this was perhaps related to pool problems during our stay, so it might not be generally the case.

All of the above are minor issues and part of the charm of the place is exactly that it is remote and simple. Just go with the flow, get into the relaxed frame of mind and you'll have a fantastic time.

Thank you to all the staff at the hotel for a superbly friendly and professional service all round.

Room Tip: Room 19 is probably the closest to the beach and pool area, and certainly one of the few rooms (apar...
Dear "TheGlobalFinn",

Thank you so much for your very nice words about our hotel! We are really sorry for what happened with the pool, but sometimes things just break.