Be Tulum Hotel
Casa Malca(Tulum)
  • Breakfast included
Suenos Tulum(Tulum)
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsjungle suiteoutdoor showerour honeymoonprivate poolcevichebeach bedsbeautiful beachhotel is beautifulhotel guestsbeach areafree bikesground floorspent nightsbeach servicewhite sandromantic getawaysalt water
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 30, 2011

I have stayed here when Be first opened and so glad I went back. The hotel is the most "designed" hotel on the beach. While the rooms don't sit facing water, they are placed carefully among the trees, saving as many as possible. The public spaces enjoy the water views, but you can still hear the waves, from the back bungalows. Gorgeous dark wood, large rooms, 3 of us did yoga in one!, Fans, a/c which i barely used, big indoor and outdoor showers, separate toilet. So easy to share!!!! (possible negative is dark@ night, unless you love dim lighting) Huge windows! Ok, never enough hangars for me!
Staff are simply fantastic. Ana Martin, Manager will guarantee your comfort 24/7. Front desk always helpful. Resto staff hustle and handle any food requests you might have, and of course I did!!!! The best playlists ever as well, never hurts!
There aren't young kids/babies allowed, which, frankly, I love at times. As for the food? Always getting better, with an amazing breakfast, and when they have the grill fired up, perfect and simple! The entire vibe and energy of Be is wonderful, dreamy, sexy, and cool. I am not sure I can stay anywhere else in Tulum anymore. And I have tried over 5 hotels in the past few years. Owner Sebastian Sas, has BePlaya as well. and is perfecting the Mexican beach hotel. The entire staff make your stay as perfect as they can.

Room Tip: You can stay on top or bottom, I like top floors but bottom have their own little pool. Top floors have BIG jacuzzi in room. Closer to the beach preferred, but still hear the waves from the rooms further back. All good.
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank kimmievNewYork
BeTulum, Online Communications Manager at Be Tulum Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 4, 2011

Dear "kimmievNewYork",

Thank you for your generous and incredible review! It is an honor to receive such a praise from you.
Also, we are extremely happy to know that you had a great time with us for the second time.

We hope to have you as a guest once more on this beautiful part of the world!

Reviewed November 26, 2011

Jane and I could not reccomend
BeTulum highly enough. Lying amongst palm trees on day beds nestled on raked sand beaches is an experience we are desperate to re-live. Then you have the choice of swimming in the medditeranian or the infinity pool that overlooks it. The rooms were generous highlighted by the spa and indoor-outdoor shower. Add to all that that first class customer service. Good luck trying to leave!

• Stayed: November 2011

Dear "CLJ1982",

Thank you so much for your nice comments about your stay at Be Tulum! We always do our best to make our guests happy.

We hope to see you again soon on this beautiful part of the world!

Reviewed November 15, 2011

Truly luxurious, high-end hotel with the private beach and gormet food!
The minuite we walked in, it was the white sand and wood steps that lead us to our beautifully designed jungle suite with terrace and then to the restaurant facing the most beautiful beach.
The service was very pleasant, everyone who work there quiet and sweet, they made us feel at home.
Love the beds and table on white sands right in front of the water, it was just perfect setting for us to enjoy the nature in style!
The location is so great too, close to great restaurants and Tulum center and ruins.
Felt very much at the summer house! I recommend BeTulum if anyone wants the quality vacation that fulfills the craving for nature, beautiful designs and great food&drink! All 3 in one place!

Room Tip: Jungle suite with zacuzi.
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Hodu
BeTulum, Online Communications Manager at Be Tulum Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 20, 2011

Dear "Hodu",

Thank you so much for your amazing comments about your stay!

We hope you can visit us again soon on this beautiful part of the world. And we also wish our hotel to be your summer house once again!

Reviewed November 15, 2011

This was our second trip to BeTulum and it's heaven on earth. Aside from the spectacular setting and luxurious accommodation, the staff at BeTulum are so nice, that by the end of the trip, they feel like family. The food is delicious too! I dont know what else to say, except if you go to Tulum, I hightly recommnend staying here. Thanks again to Ana and the staff for being so wonderful and ensuring our vacation was just perfect :)

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with friends

Dear "markie7132655",

Thank you for your incredible comments! Knowing our guests had a great time is what makes us tick. Thanks again!

We look forward to welcome you again very soon on this beautiful part of the world!

Reviewed November 15, 2011

I have come home with photo's that look something from a travel magazine. This place is amazing. The rooms are beautiful, spacious, clean and have everything you could need. I loved the fact that you could sleep with a door open and a ceiling fan and did not have to sleep with stuffy A/C running all night to stay comfortable. They provide everything you could need and want. We loved the free bicycle hire as it enabled us to go out and about and try some of the local restaurants (make sure you go to El Tabone for a traditional feed!).
I inquired about their massage service and within 2 hours had a lovely qualified therapist giving me a fabulous deep tissue massage in the comfort of my room.
Can not recommend highly enough! If only it didn't take so long to get there from Australia, I'd be back every year!

Room Tip: We originally upgraded to an 'Arena' Suite but wanted a plunge pool so technically down graded to a 'jungle' room. i wouldn't have considered this a downgrade in anyway. Rooms are exactly the same size, only difference is you may get a little more privacy from the Arena suite but otherwise any room is absolutely magnificent. Next time I would love to try the 'Ocean View' rooms on the roof!
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple