Hip Hotel Tulum
$309
  • Beachfront
Piedra Escondida(Tulum)
$140
Posada Yum Kin(Tulum)(Great Value!)
$60
$54
$229
$144
$136
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Diamante K(Tulum)(Great Value!)
$189
$141
  • Beachfront
$264
$141
$132
Agoda.com
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsbeach frontgarden viewaway from the roadbreakfast was includeddouble showerfish cevichecabana stylebeautiful beachtulum stripevery morningsouthern endother hotelshotel restaurantchilaquilesspacious roomnight's sleepbig resort
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 7, 2013

I was very lucky with my room. Everythingh worked, had Hot water in my bathroom( some friends didnt have). The staff was fantastic, very attentive and friendly. The Hotel is a beach hotel, view fantastic .The only thing I missed was a frigobar in my room...I enjoy to be to have cold water during the night .
I would go back for sure!
Eventhough the service at the restaurant was very slow, the food was very good.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Leninha086
Reviewed April 22, 2013

The Hip Hotel Tulum is actually built not "next to beach" it is "on the beach". You may as well put your shoes away while you're there as you are "on" the beach as soon as you leave your room. Not only is the hotel small but it has a very cozy feeling. Beach is beyond words, simply fantastic. Great restaurants in the neighborhood. Rooms are basic but have everything you would need to relax. Internet is available, speed depends on weather conditions (seems it is slower during a rain shower) and rooms have no TV (how great is that!). Staff is incredible helpful. Nice restaurant with view over the beach. The ideal place to relax and get away from business and stress.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the ocean.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Guido B
Bsegroup, Manager at Hip Hotel Tulum, responded to this reviewResponded May 7, 2013

Thank you for your time in review your stay, we look forward to welcome you again.
Regards

HIP HOTEL TULUM

Reviewed April 19, 2013

We stayed for 4 day the past week. The hotel seems very charming, but it has a lot of issues to solve. First of all I want to clarify that the people working there are excellent. They always tried to help us. We booked a room by the sea. The room didn't have windows, so it was extremely windy and freezing during the night. By the 2nd night we were all sick. On another note, we never had hot water to shower. I have a 4 month baby that I had to ask If I could use another room every night to bath him. At this point we had to request a room change to one facing the road, which was quite noisy. The rate on that room was cheaper but they wouldn't give us our many back. Finally, they say they would provide a crib, so I didn't take mine. When we got there, the crib was very vey old and not really safe for my baby to sleep. It had wire floor and a extremely soft mattress. Any kid could suffocate in there.
So, in conclusion, the location of the hotel is perfect, the equipment by the beach as well, the hotel a complete disaster.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Gapsi

Thank you for review your stay, we find very help full any type of comments the follow up on your comments is our priority.

Hip Hotel Tulum

Reviewed April 16, 2013

We stayed here for some days in March 2012. The service was good and everyone was very helpful and nice. Our room has a lovely view over the ocean. There was a hammock at the balcony, that was lovely to sit and relax in. The rooms was quite small and simple, but it was very clean and the room itself was very cosy. It was very quiet in the night, you could only here the wind and the waves in the night. The hotels restaurant served ok tasty food. There was a few minutes walk if you would like eating somewhere else. The beach outside the room was outstanding. I would like to come back to this hotel, but as you can read in other rewievs there´s not soo much to do here, if you don´t like sun and bath and other water sports. Excellent honeymoon place.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Pluttan

Thank your for your time in review your stay, we focus in offer all of you a nice quiet ecological stay in Tulum...

HIP HOTEL TULUM

Reviewed April 6, 2013

While we did not stay over night at this very cool looking hotel, we spent the day at its idyllic looking beach under the cooling shade of their palapas. The courteous staff served us frosty beverages and a delicious lunch (chicken sandwiches and a platter of unreal nachos). We soon found ourselves wishing we had booked our stay here instead of the resort we were staying at in Playa del Carmen! Oh well, there's always next time I suppose. Thank you for the great afternoon, Hip Hotel!!!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family