$272
$124
$178
$131
Savings alert! 42% below average rates

The price you found is 42% lower than this hotel's average rate of $224/night.

$167
$96
Savings alert! 55% below average rates

The price you found is 55% lower than this hotel's average rate of $215/night.

$408
$359
$147
$119
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of $133/night.

Azulik(Tulum)
$480
$400
$275
$757
$735
Orbitz.com
All reviewsbeach frontgarden viewbreakfast was includedaway from the roadfish cevicheevery morningother hotelshotel restaurantbeautiful beachlot of seaweedbig resortloved this hoteleco hotelwould highly recommend this hotelocean wavestulum beachslice of heaven
Reviewed September 24, 2011

This is the perfect place if all you want, after a long year of work, problems, and stress is just to sit on the beach and enjoy the view of the ocean.

We loved it from the start. Everyone was nice and relaxed. And, believe it or not, there was a huge se the beach: sleeping lulled by the waves in clear moonlight is priceless but we treated ourselves to it for 8 nights!
a turtle to come ashore on our beach every night.

We stayed in one of the bungalows on
You can walk on the beach and explore other restaurants and bars, but don't expect too much noise.

I can't wait to go back. We went towards the end of the low season and the price was definitely worth it.

Room Tip: You want one of the rooms on the beach front. Believe me!
  • Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank bormar76
Reviewed August 4, 2011

My husband and I stayed here July 3-6, 2011. We have been to Mexico several times (Playa del Carmen, Cozumel, Mahajual, Xcalak, Holbox and Puerto Morelos) We have stayed at large all-inclusives resorts, small boutique hotels, and bed and breakfasts. The S&S Hip Hotel was by far the best place we have ever stayed in Mexico. We have stayed near Playa del Carmen several times to be close to restaurants and shopping, but over the last few years it has gotten so crowded we started going further south. We have gone all the way to Mahajual and Xcalak to get away from crowds but it's a long drive and the restaurants, expecially in Xcalak, are limited. This year we stayed in Tulum and it was the perfect mix of quiet, uncrowded beaches with several restaurants, shopping and conveniences nearby, and only a short drive from the Cancun Airport. After doing lots of research, we decided on the S&S Hip hotel. Our top priorities were a beachside room, a quiet atmosphere, and close to good food. This hotel met and exceeded all our expectations. Our room was right on the beach. Several days we were the only ones on the beach at our hotel so it was quiet and peaceful. The staff was very attentive and the included breakfast was wonderful. It was made to order - no continental or help yourself buffet. I also had 2 massages while there and they were wonderful. I've been to spas around the country and my massage at S&S matched up to all of them. The only minor negatives at S&S are the lack of air-conditioning and dinner in the restaurant. We didn't mind the lack of air-conditioning because all the windows open which allowed the ocean breeze to blow in and there is a ceiling fan so we stayed cool. We did eat at the hotel restaurant one night. We had lobster tails which were a bit overcooked and expensive for Mexico. Overall, however, this is the best place we have ever stayed in Mexico. We will go back!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
4  Thank ballps
Reviewed August 1, 2011

On the weekend of mid June my hubby gave me a weekend at this hotel and I have to admit I loved it and will definitely return. We had seen this hotel before but did not want to splurge on a regular weekend, so we saved it for a special occasion. Now I know it doesn't have to be a special occasion, this will become our regular hotel!
You would not believe our room, what a view! We got a room in the front, very basic and modern papala with a wood terrace and 2 steps right down into the white sands and the ocean just some meters away. I could be in my bed and have the best view on the world! The bathroom is big and clean. Our shower is a double one so we can share that without being in each others way. Hot water was a bit of an issue but we managed.
For breakfast (included in the price) its usually the American or Continental version, but here we had a great selection of anything on the menu!
I do recommend this hotel because if you get a room in the front the view is magnificent, the breakfast is very good, the location is great (my favorite restaurant for dinner is right next door walking distance from my room!).

Room Tip: Ask for the ones in the front, there are 3 in particular
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank YucatanGuide
Reviewed May 19, 2011

This was our first time to Mexico and I have to say, they nailed it. We wanted to stay well away from any large hotel and the all-inclusives. We wanted slow and easy. In essence, we wanted the Corona commercial. And in Tulum, this is what we got.

By luck we found Hip Hotels after doing an extensive search. Everything that I found on the web was true. It is clean, small, affordable (not the most expensive, not the cheapest), the food was good, the staff was incredibly nice. We stayed in room 24, just off the beach on the second floor of one of the bungalows. The rooms were cleaned each day with fresh towels and sheets. The shower had good water pressure and ample hot water. A nice hammock on the patio was great to lay in and listen to the waves.

The restaurant: Excellent. The first night we got there we ordered a whole fish. They brought us out a whole Red Grouper. Freaking amazing. From there on out we ate breakfast and lunch there each day. Generally we ate lunch down in our beach chairs where the staff brought us drinks and food. We ventured out for dinners in the area (go to Hartwood at least one night) just to mix it up. I cant say enough about the staff running the restaurant. Johan is the manager and he has a gang that works with him that is funny and willing to go out of their way. One night they went out and cut us fresh aloe plants for my girlfriends sunburnt legs. Johan and his gang really did an amazing job and for the record, they speak perfect english...

Room Tip: Rooms 23 and 24 seem to be the best
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank HKunisch
Reviewed April 27, 2011

We are a couple of the Netherlands and stayed here 4 nights. I agree with the other reviewer that this hotel is ok but not more than that. The location is great, beach is awasome. Rooms are large but old. IN my opinion the price is way too high. We paid $200 per night and expect more for that especially in Mexico. Bed is perfect but rest needs an update. Room has nothing extra and our room (15) had a lot of cracks and broken stuff. The staff is friendly but have absolutely no experience at all and speak poor English besides Johan the manager of the place. Every single time we ordered something we had to wait for ever and was never complete. Breakfast is a pain in the ...Why not a easy standard breakfast menu? eggs is included but toast not. It would help to put an American or european manger there for a while. very frustrating. besides that the prices are at a European level and way too high. We didn't stay for Diner as it looked empty and not cosy at all. outsides are different nice places for a nice diner.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family