“Fun attraction”

LabnaHa Cenotes & Eco Park
Ranked #5 of 87 things to do in Tulum
More attraction details
Owner description: Labnaha’s Eco Park called the Magic Mayan World is exclusively open for a few visitors daily. This Park offers different activities surrounded by an exuberant jungle and a subterranean world known as magical and sacred in the Mayan culture.Experience a unforgettable descend on a zip line into the entrance of a fascinating Sacred Lakes which leads to into most spectacular Kayac traverse in the area. Refresh yourself afterwards in the Cenotes on a once a life time snorkel tour. Labnaha operates only with small groups and counts with a visitor limit per day to avoid mass tourism and the negative impact on the Eco system which allows you to enjoy without being surrounded by hundreds of people. Labnaha makes a big effort trying to teach how to enjoy this Magic Mayan World in full terms without destroying it.All activities are conducted with highly qualified and professionally trained guides. The three visited Cenotes are connected by Eco paths guided through theme paths with explanations and names of the local flora and fauna in the park. The entrance fees are used to protect a great variety of animals and trees in danger of extinction because of the ecological changes in the Riviera Maya caused by extensive constructions in the area.We are located just 35 minutes from Playa del Carmen or 10 from Tulum which makes it perfect to plan a last minute tour without having to travel hundreds of kilometres on the highway and sitting for hours in a vehicle or moving from one activity to a other one by car since all three activities are located inside the Magic Mayan Park. Age is not a limiting factor since the activities adapt depending on the exigencies and possibilities of the visitor.Included in the tour.Transportation Zip Line at the Sacred Lakes Snorkel tour in Cenote Labnaha Professional Zip Line EquipmentKayac TourOpen Cenote swimming. Snorkel equipment and live jackets Professional multilingual guide.We do not have customers we have explorers, and later...friends!!!!
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed January 1, 2014

We reserved the LabnaHa trip in advance based on the high number of positive reviews and were not disappointed. Our activities included zip-lining over lagoon in an eco-park, canoeing, swimming/snorkeling in a collapsed cenote, walking through a Mayan village and last, but not least, swimming through a series of connected underground caves. The last part may not be for the faint of heart as it could feel claustrophobic and cold as this part keeps you in the caves submerged in water in the dark for ~45 minutes.

Still the experience was a lot of fun and we would highly recommend it.

2  Thank 13FrugalGourmet

Reviewed December 31, 2013

My husband and I went on this tour while we were in Cancun for our 30th wedding anniversary. We made a special effort to go, after reading the reviews, so we knew what to expect, and we were not disappointed. First, the trip was a bit of a drive for us. We rented a car and drove from north of Cancun, which took us about 2 hours. However, it was a very easy drive, straight down Highway 307 most of the way, and "Labnaha" is right on 307, on the west side of the road. Pep, Sergio, "young" Sergio, and Rafael were there, and we had a GREAT time! We appreciated the beauty of the "open" cenote, the birds, turtles, and wildlife were neat. We had fun zip-lining, paddling about in the canoes, swimming, and then touring the caves (after a lunch at the office where you start). I have to give a special thanks to Rafael, who had to dive down and retrieve my mask, and then my flashlight, which fell AFTER he got the mask (shouldn't anything brought into water be made to float??) Thanks again, Rafael! ....and blessings to you all! We had a wonderful time, and will be sure to return, if we ever make it to the Cancun/Riviera Maya area again!

3  Thank Woody6012013
Reviewed December 21, 2013

My teenage son wanted to do a day trip to a cenote during our all inclusive vacation south of Cancun (Iberostar Lindo). After talking to the tour agents in the hotel and reading the reviews on Trip Advisor we decided on renting a car and driving to LabnaHa.

The price for the 5 hour tour was US$85 if paid in cash and $93.50 if charged to a credit card.
We you arrive at their building right off of the highway just North of Tulum you pay for the tour and then are either driven in their van (or you can drive) to the first stop. It is a 10 minute drive further south where you park and then take a 5 minute walk to the first cenote. They are very informative talking about the history of the location, the plant life, etc.

You then walk around the cenote and take a zip line back across. It is a 20s crossing which you do twice. You then take a longer zip line (twice as long) across the cenote in the opposite direction to the canoes. You then have around half an hour to canoe on the cenote. The water is crystal clear with a few fishes and turtles in the water. We quite enjoyed this but I can see how others would find it boring. From the dock you then walk to a smaller adjacent cenote where you can snorkel. The water is reasonably clear and the water quite cool. There is really nothing to see while snorkelling and my son left early to use the hammocks. From start to finish this is you spend approximately an hour and a half on these activities.

You then head back to their facility off the highway where they serve you water, fruit and a few chips. Some people have mentioned the quacamole but we were not offered any. The fruit (apples, bananas, watermelon) was tasty.

You then take a 20 minute very bumpy but enjoyable van ride to the final cenote (I believe there is an option for $45 to just visit this cenote). It is not a snorkel tour which is what I had expected. You wear lifejackets and can where a mask. You walk and float through the cenote into the underground river section. You spend a total of an hour and a half in the cenote. It is very nice and we enjoyed it. My only complaint is that they only provide a total of three water proof flashlights for use in the cenote. The claim it is for atmosphere but I believe it is because they only have 3 flashlights. There are lights in the cenote but they are only turned on for another tour that operates groups of 20 people. I found it frustrating to try and share a flashlight while you are floating in the dark. If you have water shoes I would recommend bringing them as I stubbed my toe badly on an unexpected rock on the bottom just before we exited.

This group does support the Mayan community as the cenote is on tribal land. If you are looking for a non-commercial cenote this is an excellent choice. I'm not convinced it was great value for the money but everything is as advertised. We were very happy we went but I would definitely a different cenote on a second visit.

10  Thank MikeHCalgary
Reviewed December 17, 2013

An incredibly beautiful and breathtaking experience! Knowledgeable, personable and very professional staff. Very good value for the price. And very safe! We selected Labna Ha because it is a small business that works directly with the local Mayan community rather than a typical theme park owned by a multi-national corporation. It operation is refreshingly un-commercial, and the experience is, as a result, much more personal. Deep in the jungle, we were welcomed by the elder of a small Mayan settlement located near the entrance around the cenote and underground river system we had come to explored. 'Labna ha' in Maya means 'holy water'. To the Maya, these underground water-filled caves are sacred, and once you experience them, you will understand why. It's just extraordinary! Like Gothic Cathedrals designed and built by the architect Nature. Thomas

3  Thank Thomasbayer
Reviewed December 14, 2013

My husband and I decided to go the Cenotes in Labna-Ha for only the swimming portion of the tour. This place is magical, you drive deep into the jungle with a guide, passing by Myan Villages on the dirt road to the entrance. The caves are not to be believed. You walk down steps into another world, the formations were amazing and our guide, one of the owners had a great knowledge of fossils and the cenotes development over the centuries. This is not a big commercial location, the owners believe in giving back to the Myan communities and preserving nature. This is worth the trip!

3  Thank Debbie W