“authentic & personal”

LabnaHa Cenotes & Eco Park
Ranked #5 of 87 things to do in Tulum
More attraction details
Owner description: Labnaha’s Eco Park called the Magic Mayan World is exclusively open for a few visitors daily. This Park offers different activities surrounded by an exuberant jungle and a subterranean world known as magical and sacred in the Mayan culture.Experience a unforgettable descend on a zip line into the entrance of a fascinating Sacred Lakes which leads to into most spectacular Kayac traverse in the area. Refresh yourself afterwards in the Cenotes on a once a life time snorkel tour. Labnaha operates only with small groups and counts with a visitor limit per day to avoid mass tourism and the negative impact on the Eco system which allows you to enjoy without being surrounded by hundreds of people. Labnaha makes a big effort trying to teach how to enjoy this Magic Mayan World in full terms without destroying it.All activities are conducted with highly qualified and professionally trained guides. The three visited Cenotes are connected by Eco paths guided through theme paths with explanations and names of the local flora and fauna in the park. The entrance fees are used to protect a great variety of animals and trees in danger of extinction because of the ecological changes in the Riviera Maya caused by extensive constructions in the area.We are located just 35 minutes from Playa del Carmen or 10 from Tulum which makes it perfect to plan a last minute tour without having to travel hundreds of kilometres on the highway and sitting for hours in a vehicle or moving from one activity to a other one by car since all three activities are located inside the Magic Mayan Park. Age is not a limiting factor since the activities adapt depending on the exigencies and possibilities of the visitor.Included in the tour.Transportation Zip Line at the Sacred Lakes Snorkel tour in Cenote Labnaha Professional Zip Line EquipmentKayac TourOpen Cenote swimming. Snorkel equipment and live jackets Professional multilingual guide.We do not have customers we have explorers, and later...friends!!!!
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Los Angeles, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“authentic & personal”
Reviewed November 9, 2013

there are many cenotes but this experience topped all others because of the many caverns we were able to explore. our guide, Rafael, took us deep into the jungle, past actual Mayan villages, to a cenote that hasn't been commercialized like the others. the views above water were daunting and then we pointed our flashlights into the water to see just how amazing these sacred wells really are. the zip lines were fun and we were able to have some downtime, ask questions, go for a canoe ride, visit the locals. and, best of all, our guide took photos for us to capture all the memories. TIPS: eat well before because there are only snacks, bring a towel, and some bug spray for when you're walking the jungle areas. you really should know how to swim and feel comfortable in small, dark spaces.

Visited November 2013
5 Thank heypoodle

CT
21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 114 helpful votes
“Awesome!”
Reviewed November 7, 2013

I hired a taxi driver for the day and he took us here and I just went with it. I did not see any other tourists there. It was myself and my son (my husband was sick at the hotel) so we decided to only do the 1+ hr cenote visit but they did have a 4-5 hr trip that included zip lines etc. I looked at the pictures others have taken and the caves look different than the one we were in so they must take you to another cave with the zip line tour. The van ride to the cenotes was an experience in itself. Our guide called it a mayan massage :) We were given a life jacket and a water light. We brought our own snorkle gear. The guide, myself and my son were the only ones there. We walked down the steps and I was awe struck. The water was crystal clear. It was cool but not freezing cold. Very refreshing. We went through the first chamber and had to hold our breathe and go under to get to the next chamber. We did this several times each way. Each time we ducked under the guide would be right there holding onto us and pulling us through. It was an incredible experience. He was so sweet and I felt totally safe with him. The caves are dark, with bats and there are very tight spaces but I loved every second of it. I just kept repeating "wow" as I looked up and down. Some areas the water was so deep. In one "deep" place I got scared for a few moments-no idea why-but the feeling quickly passed. My son was fascinated by the tiny turtles. I only wish I had an underwater camera with me. I just took pictures in the first cave. Go!!!

Visited November 2013
5 Thank Southport-TRIP
Toronto, Canada
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 44 helpful votes
“A Great Experience”
Reviewed October 27, 2013 via mobile

We decided to visit LabnaHa after looking at the reviews on Trip Advisor. We were staying at a resort on the Riviera Maya where they were pushing the big Cenotes Parks. We decided we wanted to do our own thing. I looked into renting a car for the day and when they asked where we were going they warned us off LabnaHa as being a ripoff and maybe dangerous. Since I had read the great reviews from Trip Advisor we persisted. It was a fair drive, almost to Tulum and you had to pay attention but we soon found it. The reception was off the side of the highway and once there we were told to follow a car with two other visitors to the park. It was weird and remembering that we were warned by the "tour" guys we were a little suspicious but followed them. They took us off-road to a gated park which we found out was the Mayan Preserve. Eventually we got to the Eco park which was cool. We went zip-lining from an elevated tree stump across a lagoon a few times and then explored the lagoon in canoes. Very cool and laid back. We only had four people in our group, which is fairly typical. The crew were Mayan. We went swimming in a freshwater rock pool with fish and high jumps...awesome. We saw monkeys in the trees and a huge tarantula on the path...cool.
Back in the cars to the reception and a snack of fresh pineapple, guacamole and chips. From there we boarded a van back through the jungle into the Mayan Reservation. Finally got to the Cenotes and went down into the coolest place. Beautiful formations, bats, refreshing water, a nice reprieve from the heat. Loved it.
After returning to reception we talked with crew. It seems LabnaHa is shunned by the tour company's because it is independent. It provides an income and link to the "real" world for the local Mayans. They have been asked to sell to the big guys but have refused. They have a created a wonderful experience, laid back, peaceful and still fun and informative. I would highly recommend a trip to LabnaHa. They also have absolutely amazing cave diving if you are so inclined. It is worth the effort.

Visited August 2013
13 Thank spinalmechanic
Salt Lake City, Utah
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Incredible day”
Reviewed October 5, 2013

I concur with Debra R. This was our favorite day in Quintana Roo. Teo was a sweet guy and we had a lot of fun playing in the jungle on our private 4.5 hour tour. Zipline was not as scary as I expected and we stayed in the first area to do it 6 times! Canoeing was peaceful and a great opportunity for some photos. The 2 cenotes were different; one open clean refreshing swimming hole and the other a cave to explore. We got to set the pace for each activity on the tour and really get what we wanted out of the trip. Awesome, awesome day!

Visited October 2013
3 Thank bjoy801
New York City, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Best Cenote Visit Ever”
Reviewed October 5, 2013

I had a great time on this cenote and I'm not much of an adventure seeking type. We paid 40USD/person and a guide drove us to the cenote and went in with us to show the three main caves that are interconnected. The whole tour is in the water, you wear life vests and each person gets a flash light and snorkel mask. I won't spoil the tour details, you have to go and see it for yourself but I will tell you this is legit! The guys who discovered the cenote have been scuba diving on these caves and tunnels for years, and they really understand how fragile the system is and strive to make sure everything that shouldn't be touched remains untouched, not just inside the cenotes but in the jungle around it as well. You will have the opportunity to meet one of them at the reception desk.

Visited October 2013