“Amazing day exploring we won't soon forget”

LabnaHa Cenotes & Eco Park
Ranked #5 of 86 things to do in Tulum
More attraction details
Owner description: Labnaha’s Eco Park called the Magic Mayan World is exclusively open for a few visitors daily. This Park offers different activities surrounded by an exuberant jungle and a subterranean world known as magical and sacred in the Mayan culture.Experience a unforgettable descend on a zip line into the entrance of a fascinating Sacred Lakes which leads to into most spectacular Kayac traverse in the area. Refresh yourself afterwards in the Cenotes on a once a life time snorkel tour. Labnaha operates only with small groups and counts with a visitor limit per day to avoid mass tourism and the negative impact on the Eco system which allows you to enjoy without being surrounded by hundreds of people. Labnaha makes a big effort trying to teach how to enjoy this Magic Mayan World in full terms without destroying it.All activities are conducted with highly qualified and professionally trained guides. The three visited Cenotes are connected by Eco paths guided through theme paths with explanations and names of the local flora and fauna in the park. The entrance fees are used to protect a great variety of animals and trees in danger of extinction because of the ecological changes in the Riviera Maya caused by extensive constructions in the area.We are located just 35 minutes from Playa del Carmen or 10 from Tulum which makes it perfect to plan a last minute tour without having to travel hundreds of kilometres on the highway and sitting for hours in a vehicle or moving from one activity to a other one by car since all three activities are located inside the Magic Mayan Park. Age is not a limiting factor since the activities adapt depending on the exigencies and possibilities of the visitor.Included in the tour.Transportation Zip Line at the Sacred Lakes Snorkel tour in Cenote Labnaha Professional Zip Line EquipmentKayac TourOpen Cenote swimming. Snorkel equipment and live jackets Professional multilingual guide.We do not have customers we have explorers, and later...friends!!!!
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Summit, New Jersey
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Amazing day exploring we won't soon forget”
Reviewed September 11, 2013

I visited LabnaHa on 9/8 with my wife. Our hotel called for us that morning and despite not having a reservation (my mistake), they accomidated us. When we arrived it was just the two of us and we opted for the cenote and zipline/canoe/swimming. We started with the Cenote, our guide was relaxed and patient and did not seem to be in any rush allowing us to explore and enjoy the cenote on our own time. The experience was very unlike what I expected from other high traffic operators. This was a private tour of a natural Cenote with amazing formations.

We then followed our guide in our car to the zipline/canoe/swim tour and again had a private tour of a huge ecopark. At this time of year, the ability to enjoy this without the crowds and really appreciate it was worth every penny and the effort to drive down from Cancun.

Here was our timeline. We left at 9am, arrived by 11am for the Cenote, enjoyed the ecopark and spend a relaxing hour or more at the swimming cenote before heading to Tulum around 3pm in time for the a quick bite to eat and a tour of the ruins. We were back at our hotel in Cancun by 7:30pm. The ruins were also a great ending to the day with incredible photo opportunities throughtout the day.

Definately one of the best days of our whole trip. The owners and guides provide a real personalized service you could never get from the big commercial companies.

Thank you again for a great experience!

7 Thank Cass325

Melbourne, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“A range of activities for anyone interested in getting away from the tourist traps!”
Reviewed September 8, 2013

After seeing the reviews online, and reading what Labnaha was about, myself and my fiancé easily booked via email. One of the major factors behind our decision to go with Labnaha was their close and respectful relationship with the Mayan communities in the area they operate in. We were in a small group (only 3 of us plus guide) so this was a huge positive for us, as well as for conserving the natural environment. We were met with a friendly Sergio, and an even friendlier dog - Mongo. We started with the cenote snorkel, where we went down a ladder into the underground cave. This was almost fluorescent blue, with tiny bats flying overhead, then after diving down and seeing the little fish and stalactites, we went through a little hole in the wall into another cave. The cenote was absolutely incredible- clear water meant easy to see everything and our guide Sergio was great at putting us at ease and relaxing in the moment.
After snorkelling we headed back and had some light snacks, then on to zip lining and canoeing. The zip line is over an incredible clear outdoor cenote, with the second line taking you to the canoe line up. You could paddle through to a small cave where you could look right down to the bottom, and on your way there, you can clearly see fish and turtles in the water.
A short walk to an even more magical smaller cenote with dark blue crystal clear water with a mandatory jump in (the best way!) finishes off the day perfectly.
The return trip to the lodge is awesome as you go through thick rainforest on either side, so keep an eye out for bright green lizards and the odd tarantula!
Great place,
Great local experiences done in a respectful, non money hungry way.

5 Thank Rachelle313
Melbourne, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Amazing day - well worth every minute!”
Reviewed September 6, 2013

My partner and I booked this tour online and it was very easy to do so. We were holidaying in Playa del Carmen and did not want to travel too far to see beautiful cenotes. This tour is in Tulum so it was perfect - only 30 mins away. What we were looking for was a personable uncrowded tour with guides who knew their stuff. Our expectations were exceeded - we had a great time and were made to feel so welcomed. We were in a small group of 4-6 people.
The first part of the tour takes part in a national park where you go on the zip line. This was extremely fun (and safe)! We then canoed and checked out the nature and small caves. Next was a nice swim in the open cenote followed by a light lunch of fruit/guacamole. The last part of the tour was the underwater cenote - this was breathtaking and definitely my favourite part of the day.
Overall, the tour was from 11am - 4pm (other times were available) and we loved every minute of it! We highly recommend this tour.

Jen and Luke

Visited August 2013
8 Thank Jen N
Fort Worth, Texas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“AMAZING AND SO FUN!”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

My mother and I went here during our vacation to Playa del Carmen. After seeing it as one of the main attractions in Tulum we booked online. It was absolutely perfect. We were allowed on the shorter zip line as much as we wanted to, and we felt completely safe and secure. Both of the cenotes are gorgeous and the underground one is breathtaking. The fresh fruit was just what we needed after swimming. We really enjoyed the freedom we got while doing the activities and how we were not limited on time.

Visited July 2013
2 Thank kgv1997
Eugene
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“September 1st”
Reviewed September 1, 2013

I picked this particular host for our cenote adventure based on the reviews I have read, the hype was big as we're my expectations. What I can say is that my expectations were fulfilled by the overall experience. I am from Oregon and the tropical climate combined with kayaking in a "roof collapsed" underground lake in the rain while its 85 degrees out is a very awesome sensory experience. I also can say I appreciated the guide we had as well as the enterprise operators. As for the cenote it was spectacular, bat cave mixed with fish tank/ecological wonder. I can't verify the information we received about the particular "mission" of labnaha but even if a shred of the info is true I highly recommend spending your money here versus the other commercial entity's offering similar experiences. I do wish we could have skipped the zip lines in the beginning of the day and avoided the "fair esq" feel.

Sincerely Angela and James