“A great experience”

LabnaHa Cenotes & Eco Park
Ranked #7 of 89 things to do in Tulum
More attraction details
Owner description: Labnaha’s Eco Park called the Magic Mayan World is exclusively open for a few visitors daily. This Park offers different activities surrounded by an exuberant jungle and a subterranean world known as magical and sacred in the Mayan culture.Experience a unforgettable descend on a zip line into the entrance of a fascinating Sacred Lakes which leads to into most spectacular Kayac traverse in the area. Refresh yourself afterwards in the Cenotes on a once a life time snorkel tour. Labnaha operates only with small groups and counts with a visitor limit per day to avoid mass tourism and the negative impact on the Eco system which allows you to enjoy without being surrounded by hundreds of people. Labnaha makes a big effort trying to teach how to enjoy this Magic Mayan World in full terms without destroying it.All activities are conducted with highly qualified and professionally trained guides. The three visited Cenotes are connected by Eco paths guided through theme paths with explanations and names of the local flora and fauna in the park. The entrance fees are used to protect a great variety of animals and trees in danger of extinction because of the ecological changes in the Riviera Maya caused by extensive constructions in the area.We are located just 35 minutes from Playa del Carmen or 10 from Tulum which makes it perfect to plan a last minute tour without having to travel hundreds of kilometres on the highway and sitting for hours in a vehicle or moving from one activity to a other one by car since all three activities are located inside the Magic Mayan Park. Age is not a limiting factor since the activities adapt depending on the exigencies and possibilities of the visitor.Included in the tour.Transportation Zip Line at the Sacred Lakes Snorkel tour in Cenote Labnaha Professional Zip Line EquipmentKayac TourOpen Cenote swimming. Snorkel equipment and live jackets Professional multilingual guide.We do not have customers we have explorers, and later...friends!!!!
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed November 27, 2012

Tulum was our last destination after a month trip throughout Mexico. Labnaha was definitely among the things that made Tulum such a wonderful experience for us. After spending some time at the beach, my boyfriend and I decided to ride our bikes and find a cenote to visit. At our hostel Posada Los Mapaches, we were given a few suggestions of cenotes to visit. However, we stumbled upon Cenotes Labnaha, unexpectedly. And I'm so glad we stopped by! It we didn't have enough money to purchase the entire package but we did get to swim in the underground cenote for a couple of hours and also got to explore the caves inside with a small group and our awesome tour guide, Juan. Overall, it was a great experience. Thanks for your awesomeness. I hope to be back.

Reviewed November 25, 2012

Sergio is awesome!! Not only does he share his discovery in the jungle from 10 yrs ago, but also his wealth of knowledge of Mayan/Mexican history and culture. My husband and I had him all to ourselves as he showed us 2 open cenotes and 1 underground. we zip-lined, canoed, swam and explored. What a terrific day! I highly recommend the full experience. Maybe one day, I'll have the courage to learn how to cave dive, so I can join Sergio and Pepe for an adventure from these underwater caves to the open ocean waters of Mexico!!

Reviewed November 25, 2012

My wife and I were wanting to check out some cenotes while we were in Tulum. Living in Austin and having traveled to Belize we have seen formations and caves that result when water meets limestone but we were completely unprepared for the scale of this place. LabnaHa was the #1 recommended thing to do while in Tulum so we decided to roll the dice and go check it out - sometimes being the #1 thing just means that scads of tourists have just overwhelmed an attraction. Instead of a mob scene we were rewarded to a very thoughtful and varied day of activities. Being that we got there when they opened (11am) we essentially had the place to ourselves. Sergio took us to the open cenote and the zip line. We paddled around a lagoon in a canoe and then descended into the closed cenote. All the while Sergio peppered us with historical tidbits from the age of the Mayans until the present day. Pepe and Sergio have created something special...they have figured out a commercial enterprise that promotes conservation, respect for heritage and culture, and is aligned with their passions. I don't know what was more impressive, Sergio and Pepe or the cenotes and the park.

4  Thank mstuartbrown
Reviewed November 19, 2012

Myself and my 5 yearold son did this together and it was fantastic, he loved it and is still talking about it. The thing that I would say makes this spot amazing is that it is preserved not like the other more commercial cenotes we visited. We spent more time looking up than down.

The guide was great and we where lucky to just have myself, my son and the guide on the trip.

2  Thank Brad C
Reviewed November 16, 2012

We just did a small 45 minute tour through the caves with our guide Sergio. It was unlike anywhere I'd ever been. Sergio is an explorer and cave diver, so his expertise really enhanced the experience.

1  Thank lizbeeNewYork