“They went over and above”
Review of Itour Mexico

Itour Mexico
Ranked #7 of 88 Tulum B&B and Inns
Boulder, Colorado
“They went over and above”
Reviewed May 13, 2012

I screwed up my booking and got a room with one bed. They helped my buddy and I find a place nearby with 2 beds at a similar price. For the money, Itour was much better. We went back in the morning and had breakfast there, got directions and bus info, they held our bags for us free while we checked out the ruins before our bus back to Cancun to catch our plane. You don't find service like that, at their price especially in the US, much less in Mexico.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
  • Korean first
Xalapa
Reviewed April 15, 2012

Itour Mexico is a great place to stay in Tulum. The staff are all incredibly friendly and make you feel right at home. There's no better place to stay!

Room Tip: all the rooms are decorated with fun themes, you can't choose a bad one!
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Maggie B
Culver City
Reviewed April 12, 2012

We stayed 2 nights and the staff is extremely knowledgeable and super friendly. We rented a car across the street at the Hertz (we recommend booking online with Orbitz for Hertz to get a much better rate) so Alma recommend we take drive over to Coba to see the ruins and also to drive over to Akumal for snorkeling. You dont need a car for Tulum but we already rented it as we drove over to the Sian Ka'an biosphere the previous few nights. Rooms are clean and they service wonderful coffee in the morning. The location could not be better, it is right in the center of town. Highly recommenced for everyone staying in Tulum.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
New York, New York, United States
Reviewed March 23, 2012

We stayed a few days and it was like being at home. The Staff is terrific, they know their job and they love it. Wifi is free, location is convenient and the rooms are absolutely clean and well designed.
It is simply the best choise in Tulum.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
B.C.
Reviewed March 14, 2012

I've dealt with iTour several times, and can honestly say that I would never deal with anyone else if I were in the area. I've stayed in their hotel on twice(one nite each time) and booked a tour through them a year ago. That was a full year ago....this year I walked through their front gate and the always delightful Alma points to me and shouts "I know you" That is how you matter to these folks. Alma,Marco and Daniel will go FAR out of their way to be helpful. Elma even drove me to the bus station. This year I only booked an excursion through iTour and it was easily the best tour I've ever been on. Our guide was superb,and we felt we got tremendous value for our dollar. I would not hesitate to use them again or recommend them to anyone I know. Thank you again Alma,Marco and Daniel. See you all again!!
Craig

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Monterrey, Mexico
Reviewed February 21, 2012

We stayed a few days at iTour Mexico in early Feb 2012 and it was great!..All the staff made us feel like we were at home!.. This was my second time staying in Tulum but I must say it is definetly the best place if you like to sleep well, have the best facilities and a staff that is so friendly that they made you feel like part of their team :). We stayed at Speedy Gonzalez and 2Lum, both rooms are great, bathroom super clean but I must said hot water only lasted for a brief time, I ended up showering in cold water. You can choose between AC or ceiling fan wich I found excelent .... Best part is that it inlcudes morning breakfast (mmmmh focaccio!) and coffee (ask for "Chicken Milk"!!) Marco, Daniele, Alexis & MARIO MIGUEL will make your stay at iTour Tulum the best experience!!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank melvagv
Monterrey, Mexico
Reviewed February 13, 2012

I spent a few days on that property: Arrived on a cloudy Sunday (February the 5th 2012) but couldn't stay there for that night, however, since I stepped into the property I feel the warmth of its owner and the people that worked within. 2nd day knocks on the door and we move from the hotel we stayed the night before and set us up on the 2 rooms there: The legendary Speedy Gonzalez and 2Lum (2 single and 1 king size beds respectively). Both rooms decoration were superb and the facilities, ooohhh the facilities, were crispy clean, tidy and colorful. Both rooms had their own private bathroom with hot water. They both had a ceiling fan and AC, so it was all up to you to choose which one you wanted.

They checked for clean towels and replenish soap or toilet paper every day. They even asked if we needed anything else as they were used to clean the room every day and there were a few we didn't go out much of the day.

Staying there with them was awesome and I'd encourage anyone to try it so. The night fee includes morning breakfast of focaccios or "cuernitos" or "bombas" (All bread in different presentations) and coffe: regular, capuccino, spresso, etc. And of course, the "Chicken Milk" ain't that right Alexis?. You also get your own bike to go to the beach which isn't farther than a 10min ride.

Anyhow I will be definitely coming back to this hotel if life shall allow me to do so in a near future and I recommend it for anyone interested in having a great and jolly time in Tulum.

Room Tip: Speedy Gonzalez had 2 beds and there are only a few with a big bed.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends