“Great Ice Cream, Relaxing Garden”
Review of Flor de Michoacan

Flor de Michoacan
Ranked #4 of 10 Dessert in Tulum
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast
Reviewed April 5, 2013

The ice cream, smoothies, and drinks were great using local fruits including sour sop, mango, etc. The staff is very friendly and helpful. Don't miss the homemade paletas (popsicles). The garden was a welcome respite from the street.

We had quite a bit of trouble finding this place as we drove by it several times without finding it. It is located on the east side of Avenida Tulum, south of the Alpha Sur (about 1 block south of HSBS bank).

3  Thank leapsalmon

Reviewed March 29, 2013

We have been to Tulum for two vacations now and one of the placest we look forward to most is this little gem. Super friendly staff and family run, they make the best fresh juice and fresh popcicles. They have so many options to pick from and all I've tried are delicious. It's also super affordable! They also have a really quiant little patio out back and it's the perfect place to have breakfast or read a book. This place is not to be missed!!

Reviewed March 29, 2013

Found this place from a tripadvisor recommendation, and so glad we did! The ice cream was delicious, the staff were friendly and enthusiastic, and the back garden was beautiful and peaceful.

Reviewed March 28, 2013

I loved this place! Not only did it have amazing homemade ice cream made with local ingredients (mango, plantains, papaya, chilies, etc.) but the staff was pleasant and friendly! I visited Flor de Michoacan a total of 4 times. I felt embarrassed but it was the only thing I wanted for dessert. By my last visit they knew what I wanted. I would highly suggest the coconut cream. Also they have yummie homemade paletas. I also went to the Flor de Michoacan in Playa del Carmen but it's not as good as the one in Tulum. Enjoy!

1  Thank AlliVacaGIRL33
Reviewed March 22, 2013

My wife and I live for several months each year in Tulum and we are regular visitors here for ice cream cone desserts or coffee in the back "jardin" during the day or later in the evening.
You can watch one of the women hand form the sugar cones with the neatest looking machine (I think because they never seem to catch up with the demand), but also to gaurantee the cones are freshly made.
The ice cream flavours are equally "delicioso".