“Excellent restaurant -a highlight of our trip”
Review of Element Fusion Restaurant - CLOSED

Element Fusion Restaurant
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Fusion, Soups
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed December 19, 2013

Had their fish dinners. Fish was fresh, tasty and well prepared. Kudos to the chef. Mexican cooking at its best. The salad and food was the best we had in Tulum and one of the best in Mexico. The service was courteous, unpretentious and attentive. We would go back if we had the time.

Reviewed November 30, 2013

We were so excited to find this restaurant, just off the main strip in Tulum we broke our rule and went back for a second dinner.

The food and presentation was universally excellent, on my second night I had one of the best meals I'd had in years - a sublime seared tuna tuna steak with braised red cabbage.

The value for the quality food was outstanding. Extra points for the lovely waitress who persevered in the face of our stilted Spanish and comic attempts to order such linguistically exotic items as "soda water".

Highly recommended.

1  Thank SydneyA_b
Reviewed November 22, 2013

We were lucky enough to come past this restaurant on our second last night in Tulum. It's one of the few places that didn't feel overly touristy, just welcoming and comfortable. Especially without someone out the front hassling people to come in. The service was wonderful; very prompt and attentive but respectful of our space.

There wasn't a huge selection of meals but a reasonable amount including enough vegetarian options which made us stop in the first place. I had the tuna which was amazing, the quiches were also highly recommended by one of my friends. The beef fillet with mushrooms was also immensely satisfying on the second night. And importantly, the mojitos were also amongst the best on our trip. It was awesome not to get a plate of fried tortillas like everywhere else. The vegetable sticks, bread and balsamic plate was a refreshing surprise.

In terms of cost, our meal was approx 1000 pesos for the five of us plus a round or two of cocktails. Obviously great value for money. It may have been a little more expensive the second night but well worth it.

I think the real strengths of this restaurant is offering a place to relax and feel at home, without seeming to buy into the tourist trade that the majority of places do. It's not just a place that I would recommend but would go regularly if I wasn't on the other side of the world.

Reviewed October 25, 2013 via mobile

Had the grilled fish of the day. It tasted really fresh and and flavorful! I would definitely return! I was a little hesitant to eat the salad but I did- (I worried about getting sick) and no issues. Service was attentive. Freshly made juice was really good too. Met the owners- both were very friendly and they would say hello as we passed the restaurant later in our trip.

Reviewed October 11, 2013

Had an early dinner at this establishment. Chose it because the place was not empty, and because the menu looked suitable for someone who currently wears braces on their teeth - me. There was a good selection of fresh juices and I tried the pineapple and spinach condition, which was refreshing and not too sweet. Ordered he special, which was a gnocchi, and whilst it did not come as ordered, at least the staff were apologetic, unlike another local restaurant that will be subject of a separate review. I also had a slice of the chocolate cake, which was moist, gooey and totally yummy. My companion had steak and salad and he enjoyed his meal. He also had 2 beers. Cost was 380 pesos. I would go back here again.