Las Ranitas Eco Boutique Hotel
  • Breakfast included
$172
$165
Savings alert! 27% below average rates

The price you found is 27% lower than this hotel's average rate of $226/night.

The Beach Tulum(Tulum)
$641
$610
Agoda.com
$392
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed June 23, 2014

...well maybe it shouldn't because then it would be harder to get a room!

Spent 5 nights at Las Ranitas in mid-May. It was the beginning of the slow season so it wasn't full, but I can imagine that even at capacity it maintains its feeling of space and privacy. This great hotel has one of the best spots on the beach - - on the southern end - which really feels like it's separate and private. If you're further north the hotels feel more cramped and on top of each other.

We stayed in Coqui 2 which I highly recommend! It's one of the newer rooms (although more expensive) but we loved it. It was spacious and clean and we enjoyed being on the 2nd floor to have a bit of a view. Would stay there again in a minute.

The restaurant was great - gorgeous views and comfortable. We had breakfast there every day and a drink in the evening every night. Great service too.

Overall the service was lovely and pleasant. They answered any question I had and coordinated awesome massages on the beach with only a couple hours notice. The only criticism I have (minor) is that most days we laid all day on the beach and rarely did someone on staff come by to ask us if we wanted to order a drink. The bar/restaurant was merely a couple of minutes walk so I really can't complain too much.

There are a lot of other places with higher scores on Tripadvisor but I really think this one flies under the radar!

Room Tip: Highly recommend Coqui 2! As most of the rooms in Tulum, it doesn't have A/C but one was definitely not needed. The ocean is RIGHT there and the breeze was amazing.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank TravelLoverNYC
Reviewed June 18, 2014

Just got back from Mexico and had a lovely stay at Las Ranitas. This hotel is the perfect balance between rustic yet well designed hotel. The rooms are fun and comfortable, the restaurant was VERY good. The beach was perfect. The staff, lovely Plus this property has a nice pool, which was great because although the ocean is right there it was very warm this time of year, so a dip in the pool was quite refreshing. Which we could of stayed longer! Will definitely be back!

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Pwild
Reviewed May 27, 2014

I wish I could give this place a better review but for the price we paid, I just can't. We stayed in Arlequin 9 - which was alright, had a great view! - but felt rather run down. When you're paying $285 per night you expect something more and we were kind of let down. Having said that though - the restaurant was great! (one of the best of our entire stay in Tulum) and they had a nice pool. The location is also amazing.

I would just keep looking as there are much better deals to be had at similar places for much less money.

Room Tip: Apparently Arlequin rooms are not as good, and having stayed in one I would have to agree.
Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
6  Thank Amanda_and_Tyler
Reviewed May 24, 2014

I went on vacation for two weeks before starting a new job, in hopes to clear my head and get away from technology. I was traveling alone and decided on Las Ranitas.

First and foremost, the staff was unparallelled at making me feel comfortable and seeing I had everything I needed. The food was truly amazing and special preparations (fresh seafood, chicken, etc.) were available to me nightly. I also went to a number of other restaurants, but only found one that was comparable in the beach area. Therefore, I continued to eat at Las Ranitas and was able to talk to the chef and sous chef, whom seemed very proud and excited when I enjoyed their food.

Because I was traveling alone, the front desk personnel, bartenders and waiters became my traveling companions and are simply a great group of people. Nice, friendly, intelligent, funny and thoroughly seemed to be invested in making sure I had a pleasant trip.

The room was absolutely beautiful (Cristal 21). It was a second story room overlooking the ocean and I spent many hours just sitting drinking a beer in the evening and watching the waves roll in. The bed was extremely comfortable and the housekeeping kept the entire place pristine everyday.

The hotel is situated on a beautiful stretch of beach with great swimming and when calm, snorkeling 30 feet out. It was very, very quiet (albeit it was the low season) and felt like I had the whole place to myself.

Room Tip: The Cristal rooms (A/C) are more expensive, but worth it.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled solo
2  Thank Brendan D
Reviewed May 21, 2014

Great location on one of the most beautiful beaches. When you walk in just past the reception desk you are greeted with a fantastic open lounge, bar & restaurant area over looking the beach. The feeling is light, airy and breezy. But the best part is from where ever you sit you have a great view of the beach. We only ate our breakfast and one lunch at the hotel and they were good.
The nice thing about Tulum is walking the beach to another place for lunch and then walking down the road to the little village to have dinner. The hotel is in a great location for doing this.
The rooms are very spacious and clean. We booked a main level room with a direct sandy pathway to the beach. A few steps and were were lounging under the sun covers enjoying the beach and our books. We had two queen beds and with a ceiling fan and with all the screened windows open we never missed having AC because the ocean breeze and fan kept the room comfortable.
The staff is super friendly and more than happy to accommodate our needs.
The yoga Instructor was excellent and super adorable and the yoga pavilion is beautiful, large and peaceful. We chose to have our massages in this space because of its tranquil feel. Our massages were perfect, some of the best massages ever.
We had five days of total relaxation and bliss at Las Ranitas and would go back in a heart beat.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family