“Very overpriced with no services”

Las Ranitas Eco-boutique Hotel
Ranked #68 of 101 Hotels in Tulum
Reviewed November 3, 2013

Our family booked five rooms for a stay in beautiful Tulum. WE have been traveling as a family to Mexico for thirty years. The beach was basically outside our door, but the rest of the services were substandard. If you want an air conditioned room, you will pay a great deal more and there is limited availability. The air conditioning did not work in three of the rooms and we were constantly requesting maintenance. The food services were terrible. We ate two meals at the hotel, one at the restaurant and one by room service. Both meals required a two to two and a half hour wait and was never correct and/or not cooked. We have children in our party and waiting two hours was impossible. They also conveniently would not be able to understand English. Their website offered beach equipment and bikes, both of which were not available. Three quarters of our family had to find other accommodations to have food services. I definitely would not recommend the hotel for families or groups.

Room Tip: If you are traveling to Mexico, choose a facility with breakfast included and make sure the rooms ar...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank Pam L

Reviewed October 28, 2013

We stayed here quite by accident after our original hotel the La Encantada was not avail for our full trip. We booked the Coqui 3 room with the Private Pool. WOW our jaws dropped when we walked into the room, and saw how well it was appointed. Like something out of a Magazine! then we walked out the back door.. OMG Most stunning view ever, and a PRIVATE pool, and all this just feet from the sandy white private beach that we had nearly to ourselves. TRUST ME look NO FURTHER than Las Ranitas, it's boutique but still had great accommodations and service. even the WI-FI worked perfectly all the way down on the Beach! Fish Tacos and Beer brought to you on the beach by the waiters. breakfast too! Save a little money and go to the grocery store to stock up on beer and snack, pick up a styro cooler some ice and a case of beer keep it in your room. this place is DELUXE! Also Rent a car at the airport. (We chose a jeep) save teh time and money of taxis and shuttles. it's a SUPER easy 1.5 hour drive from Cancun to Tulum. one road only, you can't get lost. It was so much nicer, since tulum is a bit too spread out to walk around. GET THE RENTAL CAR!

Room Tip: Coqui 3 is where it's at.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Giod
Reviewed October 27, 2013

I stayed at Las Ranitas for 7 nights. I was extremely happy with the facilities, location, service, and food.

I stayed in one of the rooms that had an ocean view and it had a spacious bathroom (I was wondering what I was going to find). Everywhere that I went within the hotel was very clean. It rained (pouring) two of the days that I was there and some water got in, but nothing to be alarmed about. The beds, my stuff and myself all remained dry. The room was clean and there was a safe for my belongings. My room did not have any air conditioning. I didn't have a problem since there were many windows to let the ocean breeze in and a ceiling fan. I heard that some people are upset about no tvs at these hotels-- um yeah, there are no tvs. Why you would go to Tulum and want a TV is a mystery to me. Plenty to do with out any tvs. There is wifi and the signal is the strongest in the reception/restaurant area. However I was able to get a signal in my room and sometimes on the beach.

I loved waking up to a view of the ocean. The beach was very clean and the swimming was easy and I was able to walk quite a ways into the water before it started getting deep. It is also easy to explore the other places along the beach. Just walk up the beach and pop into any of the other hotels to check out their restaurants or shops. Las Ranitas is surrounded by other hotels and resorts. I definitely would not call it isolated as I read in another review.

I would highly recommend renting a bike and biking into and out of town. However at night a taxi was easy to find and I didn't have any problems getting to/ from my destinations into town.

The service was great. I never had any issues with getting what I needed. The waitstaff and front desk staff made me feel like I was a very special guest. Every one was very nice and helpful.

The food was pretty good. Prices along the beach are going to be high. It is the tourist spot. I recommend eating at the resort but going into town for food is the best and you will get the most for your money. I ate many meals at the resort and in town and I never had any issues.

Overall, the experience was better than what I was even hoping for. I loved it. I will definitely go back and will recommend Las Rasnitas. I am so sad that I had to leave.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed October 6, 2013

We booked the hotel online and were disappointed when we arrived. The hotel does not have AC, rooms are old and hotel and restaurant are completely overpriced. Bathrooms do not have doors, just curtains. The hotel is located right at the beach with a beautiful view. Staff is very friendly but constantly reminds you that tip is not included.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Anika M
Reviewed September 5, 2013

in Ranitas you don't have to be cool, you can be your self!
Ranitas has the best beach, beach sunbeds, restaurant, food, view, vegetation, privacy, staff, and the best location! . . .. . . .. . .. . .. . .. .. .

Room Tip: the older rooms with partial ocean view have the best quality/value in Tulum!
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank AndresR708
LasRanitasTulum, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Las Ranitas Eco-boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 9, 2013

Hi Andres R, thanks for your nice comment about your stay in Las Ranitas, We are pleased to know that our hotel provide an exceptional experience. We would be happy to receive you back on a future.

Reviewed August 20, 2013

We had a G-R-E-A-T time in Tulum and Las Ranitas. The hotel and the surroundings are beautiful. The beach is picture perfect and the hotel is sitting RIGHT on the beach. We stayed in room 23, second floor which had a great view of the beach and complete privacy. Bed is super comfortable, bath is huge and very spacious (salty water in the shower and sink, just a heads up!). We tried about 5-6 restaurants other than the hotel one, and the food in Las Ranitas was by far the best. They also make some of the best cocktails!
Last are the staff, which are all extremely friendly, shout out to Onil and Carlos. Great guys.
One of the easiest places to recommend I've ever been in.
Thanks!

Room Tip: Room 23 is on the top floor of the most north set of rooms, great view, big balcony and very private...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
LasRanitasTulum, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Las Ranitas Eco-boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 26, 2013

Hi ArielandDanna.
Thank you for your feedback about your stay in Las Ranitas Eco-Boutique Hotel. Our staff is grateful for your nice comments. The goal in Las Ranitas is give you the best experience, with a unique service and quality. We would be happy to receive you on a future trip to Tulum, hopefully soon!

Reviewed August 19, 2013

My husband and I stayed at Las Ranitas for our honeymoon and it was perfect. From the minute we arrived we were welcomed with friendly staff and amazing views.

We stayed in room 7 on the second floor. Whilst a basic room, it was perfect for us - we had purposely not chosen a massive 'all inclusive hotel' as we wanted something boutique. The bed was extremely comfortable and the room was spacious. We had a view out onto the beach, through palm trees and were right next to the pool. The room was cleaned every day and we loved getting back to the room to find out which animal had been created with our towels!

The food was delicious. We couldn't fault anything. Every meal was freshly prepared and beautifully presented.

The beach has to be one of the best reasons to stay at Las Ranitas. The circular beds are the most comfortable loungers I have ever been on. The sea is amazingly clear. And the sea turtles at night were a wonder to watch.

I have to say a special mention to the staff for making us feel so welcome. Nothing was too much trouble.

Our honeymoon was amazing and Las Ranitas was paradise. We didn't want to leave and can't wait to return

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Kirsty N
LasRanitasTulum, Guest Relations Manager at Las Ranitas Eco-boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2013

Hi Kristy N,
Thank you for your feedback. We are very pleased to know that you spent your honeymoon with us and enjoyed our service and facilities.
Our main goal is to provide an exceptional experience. We would be happy to receive you back on a future trip to Tulum.