“Best of Tulum!”

Ranked #67 of 96 Hotels in Tulum
Denver, Colorado
“Best of Tulum!”
Reviewed March 15, 2013 via mobile

I just spent my 8th stay at Las Ranitas Eco Boutique Hotel... the best in Tulum.

I find that each time I stay there the staff to always be friendly, the food to be excellent and the drinks are always a mixology delight.

The rooms are always impeccably clean and well kept. I like how they remain a sustainable and Eco- friendly hotel, with all the comforts you might need.

This past week I stayed in one of their newly built and designed Junior Suites (#26). They are starting more renovations in June as well, so start booking at least in July for your upcoming visit and enjoy the new and gorgeous improvements. I am sure you won't be disappointed.

My suite was quite spacious and decorated in a very earthy, contemporary style. The beds were more than comfortable and the bathrooms are almost spa- like. What a fabulous change from the decor of yesterday which I thought was really nice before.
I feel the new rooms are now more comfortable and that they also have improved the patios/balconies in to large lovely terraces. They have quite nice and cushy outdoor chaise lounges, tables and chairs to enjoy your spectacular ocean view right on your own beautiful beach!

Las Ranitas has always provided me with the best service. I highly recommend them for for your next visit to Tulum.

In keeping up with the times I feel they are always evolving to insure a HIGH standard of comfort and quality. I keep returning because the staff are friendly and always seem to be very happy and enjoying themselves.It shows in their gracious ways and willingness to serve their guests in this great environment.

I admire the changes they have made and am planning on going back soon. This is a beautiful hotel on one of the most magnificent beaches found anywhere.

The food on their menu is special, always tastefully presented, prepared, and worth every cent. You truly get what you pay for here....what a concept!

Las Ranitas is a true heaven on earth!
It just keeps getting better! Thanks Las Ranitas for making my recent vacation so wonderful.

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank SamanthaandLorenzo
LasRanitas, Community Manager at Las Ranitas Eco-boutique Hotel, responded to this review, April 2, 2013
Hi SamanthaandLorenzo!

Thanks for your comments and preference. We continue making improvements in our instalations, always with attentive care in the environment, to make your next visit pleasant as this one.

Best wishes to you from all of us!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
  • Hebrew first
new york city
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Las Ranitas is a lovely small hotel on the best beach in Tulum.
It was started and owned and run by a European couple, who sold it to a Mexican hotel company 3 or 4 years ago. Every year it is a little less charming, a little less homey. The people who have worked there for many years seem less happy, the hotel is more expensive, it seems like the management is trying to guess what tourists want and in the process is making it less what people want. People who seek out Tulum do not want Cancun. The additions they built are "fancy"; air conditioned with big, marble bathrooms. The sea breeze, screened windows and fans are perfect. I doubt it will continue to actually be "eco".
Still the rooms are very nice, the beach and ocean fantastic, the dining room is outdoors and pretty, but the food is only okay. Also the hotel is making a big mistake by allowing "day visitors" on the beach. It used to be for guests only. Several days during my visit the beach was crowded with people not staying at the hotel who didn't get the hotel's mellow vibe. These visitors brought radios, came in groups, ordered drinks on the beach, were loud and smoked.
Very different than the hotel guests of couples and families. The management is being "penny wise and pound foolish" with these day trippers. They do not pay an entrance fee, nor are they required to dine in the restaurant, and the money the hotel makes on their drinks cannot be worth the loss of repeat hotel guests. I am afraid it has gone corporate after being a funky and elegant kind of place.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank travelingmom212
Reviewed March 11, 2013

Las Ranitas is a gem. The rooms and hotel facilities are comfortable and fine, the staff is extremely friendly and helpful ... even better, they are fun. But the best is that this peaceful hotel, the long white beach and the turquoise sea blend into each other and turn into paradise on earth. I would go back any time.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Roberto G
Reviewed March 11, 2013 via mobile

I loved this hotel, its restaurant, the staff who were like family, always smiling and wanting to help. Had an incredible ocean view and loved waking up to the magical sounds of the Caribbean in Tulum, Mexico. Our bed was so comfortable, often we so just wanted to stay in bed and listen to the waves!! The rooms were very clean! I loved the drinks at the bar, their cocktails were unique and the best we had found in Mexico!! Their chef is amazing, especially the Tikin xic fish, and we truly felt everyone cared about us. The staff became our friends, real service with a smile and always made sure we were happy. We have stayed in both Cancun and Playa Del Carmen, but much prefer Tulum!!!! Nothing beats the tranquility, peace and friendly staff at Las Ranitas Tulum, we will be back as quickly as we can! Thanks to all the team at Ranitas!

• Stayed February 2013
1 Thank Wildtala
New York
Reviewed February 12, 2013

We just got back to New York after 5 extraordinary days at Las Ranitas. I had to be dragged out of there. It's just the most lovely place. Beautiful clean and wonderfully decorated rooms. Superb service with kind and wonderful employees at every level. It's hard to find anything about it that was not ideal. (well maybe the water pressure in the show could have been better?) Of course the beach is absolutely breathtaking. White sand, jade and turquoise water..... I'm still trying to figure out why I left.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank The-Decider
LasRanitas, Community manager at Las Ranitas Eco-boutique Hotel, responded to this review, February 18, 2013
Hi Decider:

Thank you for your comments and for taking the time to write to us. It's great to know you enjoyed your time here.

Hope to see you again soon in las Ranitas!
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Reviewed January 23, 2013

My husband and I, along with our adult daughter, spent a week at this lovely hotel in November 2012. As other reviewers have mentioned, the setting is without equal. Compared to many hotels in Tulum, Las Ranitas occupies a huge stretch of beach, and the beach is exquisite as well as mostly empty. Our room, Coqui 2, was beautiful, with a large sitting area, a huge comfortable bed, and a terrific view. The lobby/restaurant is multi-leveled and stunning. Without exception, everyone who works there was efficient, friendly and charming.

Tulum is a place to go to relax, and that is what we did. The chairs/beds on the beach were so comfortable, and the sea so beautiful that we really didn't leave the hotel often, except to wander up and down the beach and try a few other restaurants. I would agree with another reviewer who said the food was a bit over-priced, but you can also avail yourself to nearby restaurants. The pricing did not detract from our overall experience, which was beauty, tranquility, stunning setting, and lovely people. We will definitely return.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
5 Thank NWK38
Dadeville, Alabama
Reviewed January 23, 2013

We celebrated our 40th wedding anniversary with 40 of our family and friends. The rooms were fine, the view awesome, the food and service - outstanding. All of our guests were very satisfied! Angelina Cardenas helped to coordinate a wonderful Mayan ceremony on the beach as well as a terrific dinner and party for all of us. We will be back!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple