“An amazing experience in the caribbean” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Las Ranitas Eco-boutique Hotel

Las Ranitas Eco-boutique Hotel
Ranked #58 of 91 Hotels in Tulum
Playa del Carmen, Quintana Roo, Mexico
“An amazing experience in the caribbean”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2012 via mobile

Very friendly staff. A nice place to stay, jesus help us during our time there. The view is amaaaazing and they have the most beautiful beach of tulum. And the restaurant is also good.

• Stayed June 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
  • Hebrew first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here May 20-25 and it was fantastic. First time my wife and I have stayed at a small boutique hotel in Mexico. The restaurant overlooks the beautiful beach and the food also can't be beat. We stayed in an upper floor arlequin room with patio and hammock. Definitely one of the more private room options. Never had to fight over hammocks or beach chairs. Would definitely return for our winter vacation.

• Stayed May 2012
San Francisco, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2012

We came to Las Ranitas for a close friend's wedding celebration. We couldn't have asked for a better spot for our first international vacation with our 9.5 month old son. Well, to be honest, it was a fantastic spot regardless of our infant.

The beach is beautiful, and the rooms comfortable, but the staff at Las Ranitas make the resort what it is. Over the course of the first few days, we got to know the restaurant/bar/beach waitstaff by first name, and they made us feel part of their family. The management is ever-present — restaurant/bar manager Jesus and GM Omar were friendly and attentive throughout our visit — but not overbearing.

Most importantly, our comfort and our infant's comfort were clearly a priority for the staff. We frequently requested special food preparation for our son, and the kitchen was always willing to accommodate.

Over the course of our stay, we ate 2-3 meals a day on property. The food was delicious — including a never-ending supply of guacamole — though by our last couple of meals, the menu seemed a bit limited.

Our room (Chillona12) was spacious and directly above the restaurant which actually was a great win, as we could meet up with friends in the evening at the bar and have our baby monitor by our side. Our son rarely woke up with the ever-present waves crashing to drown out any major noise.

The day/evening of the wedding, the palapa-covered restaurant was transformed into a beautiful reception area/dance floor and we all partied until the wee hours. The same staff worked double-shifts to make everything perfect for the bride and groom.

We had no major issues with mosquitoes, as Las Ranitas is not on the jungle-side of the road, but we also landed there during a low-rain time, which helped.

Las Ranitas was the perfect resort at the perfect time. We would, and likely will, return in the future. We so enjoyed the beach (warm water, relatively small but fun waves), the staff (Renaldo was our favorite server), and the warmth and hospitality we experienced throughout our stay.

Room Tip: We stayed in Chilona 12 and were very happy there. Every room is different. The website is somewhat...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
TulumLiving, Public Relations Manager at Las Ranitas Eco-boutique Hotel, responded to this review, June 16, 2012
We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. It was an honor to be a part of such a beautiful celebration and we are thrilled to have been a part of it. Every wedding leaves a magical energy on the property that builds higher and higher and it can be felt by other guests.

Thank you again for taking the time to review us and we look forward to seeing you in the hotel in the future!
Brooklyn, New York, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2012

Las Ranitas is a great value in Tulum. It is in the hotel zone....a little far down the hotel zone so if you like to go to Tulum Pueblo it is about a 20 minute car ride. Overall this is a solid hotel. The rooms are a bid small but the great beach more than makes up for it. The rooms are very basic. Bed and closet and maybe a very small couch. The rooms do have nice view. We stayed in room 9 which is on an upper floor and faces the ocean. I was glad that we did not stay on a ground floor room as the privacy is limited in those rooms. The doors which are all glass face out and anyone can look in or walk by your door and who wants to shut their curtains with the beautiful views. Let's say that I saw a few embarrassing moments on the ground floors. The beach is one of the best on the area. I especially like the chairs and the ambience that they have created. The one thing I can't understand is the high prices at the bar - one hundred nighty pesos for a margaritas with Don Julio. Yes it is a premium brand but everywhere in the area the same drink will cost you between one hundred and one hundred twenty pesos. Lastly, the food in the restaurant is average and even on the disappointing side. There are much better choices within walking distance. So the four stars are for the great beach and for the value of the rooms

Room Tip: The higher floors have more privacy.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Carolina R
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 23, 2012

My girlfriend and I spent a week at the Las Ranitas eco-boutique hotel and it was wonderful. The hotel is situated on just about the nicest beach I've ever seen, the water was perfect and the hotel itself is casual but gorgeous, nicely spread out along the beach.
Jesus and the staff were great, very accommodating and friendly and Tulum is a wonderful town with a great, laid-back vibe, awesome restaurants and is surrounded by nature and history perfect for day trips.
Las Ranitas is the best place I've ever visited to go away on a couples retreat.

Room Tip: Coqui 1 is steps from the beach with your own private hammock and pool. Sleep to the sound of the C...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Kansas City
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 18, 2012

After very extensive research of Tulum and the surrounding areas, I selected Las Ranitas as my wedding venue. I am a VERY detailed person and even more particular. I had a very clear idea of what I wanted, and brought in all my own decor. I was somewhat skeptical that everything would be executed as I wished, since I only arrived a few days early, and had not previously visited Las Ranitas. Once I arrived at the property I was blown away...it was more beautiful then the pictures. I knew at that point that I had picked the perfect place. On my wedding day when I arrived, only minutes before all of my guests, I walked in to MY DREAM. Every million( seriously miillion) details I had requested were on point. I had spent days making original things for my wedding, and brought in so many things with so many detailed instructions, I knew I was asking a lot of the staff. I had about one hour of discussion with Angelina, my wedding planner....and yet somehow she took it all in, and made it look even more incredible then I had imagined. I will NEVER forget that moment, when I walked in to Las Ranitas on my wedding day and the beauty literally took my breath away...I was in pure bliss. ( and still am actually) The wedding was beyond my wildest dreams, I have never felt so much love and happiness in my life, it was all magical. There was even a full moon the night of our wedding which lit up the ocean, making it even more unreal. Aside from the beauty of this place, the staff was remarkable and the food was delightful. I went back another evening just my new husband and I and the food was out of this world.....yet on our wedding night the food was great as well and I know that is a huge feat when feeding a larger group. Everything was wonderful. All of my guests were blown away by everything and were impressed greatly, in fact a group of us plan on going back within the year. Las Ranitas will always hold a place in our hearts. We are so thankful for everything and feel so lucky we have such a perfect day to always look back on.
Las Ranitas...see ya soon!!!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank PamelaVanderHeagen
Mindy R, Public Relations Manager at Las Ranitas Eco-boutique Hotel, responded to this review, May 23, 2012
We were so pleased to have exceeded your expectations. It was such a pleasure to share with you such an amazing day and to be a part of your magical experience. We look forward to you and your friends visiting us again. Please let us know if there is anything at all that we can do for you in the future.
Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 15, 2012

I am just now playing catch up on this review. We were originally supposed to stay @ Las Ranitas for Halloween and my bday however Hurrican Rina changed our plans. I was dissapointed but Las Ranitas actually phoned me a few days before and was able to change my reservation and let me us stay in the EXACT same room for Thanksgiving . I was very impressed that they called me and was so organized about everything. We went down Thanksgiving and had an excellent stay. The beach is so wide and wonderful one of the best in Tulum for sure. We had the Coqui suite and literally you walked out of the room and toes in the sand and the 4 condo unit building had its own private pool . The room was gorgeous and cleaned everyday . The restaurant is very good and we always had great service. You can walk up the road and beach everything is very accessible. We was very happy with the beach chair options and beach beds as well. Plenty of room and lots of shade or sun whatever you prefer. We rented a car and drove from Cancun airport and then would drive into town at night a few times to go out. Honestly though everything was so close and taxi's were so readily available unless you plan on doing a lot of day trips a rental is really not needed (we been to the area over 11 times so this was just a chill beach vacay) However if you want to explore everything is close by and Sian Kian is wonderful as well. We had an excellent vacation in Tulum and would definitely stay @ Las Ranitas again .....

Room Tip: The coqui block or rooms are right on the beach they are really private and spacious
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple