“Eco-Paradise”

Ranked #62 of 95 Hotels in Tulum
Vancouver, Canada
“Eco-Paradise”
Reviewed May 23, 2012

My girlfriend and I spent a week at the Las Ranitas eco-boutique hotel and it was wonderful. The hotel is situated on just about the nicest beach I've ever seen, the water was perfect and the hotel itself is casual but gorgeous, nicely spread out along the beach.
Jesus and the staff were great, very accommodating and friendly and Tulum is a wonderful town with a great, laid-back vibe, awesome restaurants and is surrounded by nature and history perfect for day trips.
Las Ranitas is the best place I've ever visited to go away on a couples retreat.

Room Tip: Coqui 1 is steps from the beach with your own private hammock and pool. Sleep to the sound of the C...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
  • Hebrew first
Kansas City
Reviewed May 18, 2012

After very extensive research of Tulum and the surrounding areas, I selected Las Ranitas as my wedding venue. I am a VERY detailed person and even more particular. I had a very clear idea of what I wanted, and brought in all my own decor. I was somewhat skeptical that everything would be executed as I wished, since I only arrived a few days early, and had not previously visited Las Ranitas. Once I arrived at the property I was blown away...it was more beautiful then the pictures. I knew at that point that I had picked the perfect place. On my wedding day when I arrived, only minutes before all of my guests, I walked in to MY DREAM. Every million( seriously miillion) details I had requested were on point. I had spent days making original things for my wedding, and brought in so many things with so many detailed instructions, I knew I was asking a lot of the staff. I had about one hour of discussion with Angelina, my wedding planner....and yet somehow she took it all in, and made it look even more incredible then I had imagined. I will NEVER forget that moment, when I walked in to Las Ranitas on my wedding day and the beauty literally took my breath away...I was in pure bliss. ( and still am actually) The wedding was beyond my wildest dreams, I have never felt so much love and happiness in my life, it was all magical. There was even a full moon the night of our wedding which lit up the ocean, making it even more unreal. Aside from the beauty of this place, the staff was remarkable and the food was delightful. I went back another evening just my new husband and I and the food was out of this world.....yet on our wedding night the food was great as well and I know that is a huge feat when feeding a larger group. Everything was wonderful. All of my guests were blown away by everything and were impressed greatly, in fact a group of us plan on going back within the year. Las Ranitas will always hold a place in our hearts. We are so thankful for everything and feel so lucky we have such a perfect day to always look back on.
Las Ranitas...see ya soon!!!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank PamelaVanderHeagen
Mindy R, Public Relations Manager at Las Ranitas Eco-boutique Hotel, responded to this review, May 23, 2012
We were so pleased to have exceeded your expectations. It was such a pleasure to share with you such an amazing day and to be a part of your magical experience. We look forward to you and your friends visiting us again. Please let us know if there is anything at all that we can do for you in the future.
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed May 15, 2012

I am just now playing catch up on this review. We were originally supposed to stay @ Las Ranitas for Halloween and my bday however Hurrican Rina changed our plans. I was dissapointed but Las Ranitas actually phoned me a few days before and was able to change my reservation and let me us stay in the EXACT same room for Thanksgiving . I was very impressed that they called me and was so organized about everything. We went down Thanksgiving and had an excellent stay. The beach is so wide and wonderful one of the best in Tulum for sure. We had the Coqui suite and literally you walked out of the room and toes in the sand and the 4 condo unit building had its own private pool . The room was gorgeous and cleaned everyday . The restaurant is very good and we always had great service. You can walk up the road and beach everything is very accessible. We was very happy with the beach chair options and beach beds as well. Plenty of room and lots of shade or sun whatever you prefer. We rented a car and drove from Cancun airport and then would drive into town at night a few times to go out. Honestly though everything was so close and taxi's were so readily available unless you plan on doing a lot of day trips a rental is really not needed (we been to the area over 11 times so this was just a chill beach vacay) However if you want to explore everything is close by and Sian Kian is wonderful as well. We had an excellent vacation in Tulum and would definitely stay @ Las Ranitas again .....

Room Tip: The coqui block or rooms are right on the beach they are really private and spacious
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 14, 2012 via mobile

Las Ranitas was just what we were looking for. We wanted a quiet stay with outstanding service far away from the all inclusive touristy resorts in Cancun.

At times we felt like we were the only ones on the beach. We were able to dine quietly and eat delicious food. The staff was very friendly and accommodating. Overall our stay at Las Ranitas was wonderful!

• Stayed May 2012
Reviewed May 12, 2012

This is my 2nd time staying at las Ranitas and for sure it wont be the last! The service keeps getting better everytime! They have add some new dishes to the restaurant menu that are awesome! Try the paella, its delicious! The restaurant manager Jesus really takes care of the guests! I hope I come back very soon!!thank you Ranitas!!!

• Stayed May 2012
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed May 10, 2012

My husband and I were invited to a wedding here in Tulum, Mexico. This hotel is off the beaten path. You drive about 1 and 1/2 hours after you land in Cancun. Once you get there you will realize that it was worth the drive. It is truly Paradise. The rooms were gorgeous and they are right on the beach. The breeze coming off the water keeps the rooms nice and cool and it keeps you cool while your sitting on the beach. The food is absolutely delicious. We saw the fisherman bringing the fresh fish out of the water daily. The service was so friendly and helpful and the wedding was beautiful. The price was great too!

Room Tip: We chose one of the more affordable rooms and it was gorgeous.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
El Paso, Texas
Reviewed May 3, 2012

I loved my stay at las ranitas. The staff is very courteous and do their best to accomodate. This is my second trip to this little hotel and the renovations performed are awesome! The lobby is nice and trendy and lots of open space. Those of you that enjoy mexican cuisine, I do recommend the Ceviche Maya and the Pollo de barbacoa. The ceviche was the best I've ever had! Even the bar is amazing!!! The cocktails, i followed a recommendation of having some cocktail made with vodka and truffles and damn! I'm more of a beer kind of guy but this cocktail ruled! Overall I openly recommend las ranitas as it is a very quiet relaxing getaway from everything place! You can really replenish, relax and rest at this hotel.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo