“A little hidden gem”
Review of Ginger - CLOSED

Ginger
Cuisines: Mexican, Latin, Seafood, Contemporary
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Families with children, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Ginger is now a hotel and the restaurant has reopened, serving breakfast, lunch and dinner. The menu is completely new again and features delicious modern mexican recipes by Javier as always.
Boston, Massachusetts
“A little hidden gem”
Reviewed January 7, 2014

Ginger is located on a side street off the main square in Tulum and only seats about 20 people. We had a great dinner there the last night of our trip. The food is very fresh and delicious and the portions were enormous - we ordered two appetizers for three people and they would have been sufficient for dinner. We wound up taking half of our dinners home and eating them the next day! Ginger is new, very fresh looking, really an appealing place to be.

Visited January 2014

New Orleans
“Bistro style, Yucatan flavor”
Reviewed December 30, 2013

Perfect meal all around, with the exception of the acoustics. The food and service were flawless. Every dish had amazing flavors, and everything was reasonably priced, Even a pretty good wine list! But our small table couldn't hear each other, and it made the whole experience beneath that of the chef's excellence.

• Visited December 2013
Calgary, Canada
“Could be excellent, but it wasn't”
Reviewed November 10, 2013

Went here on a recommendation from a friend. The food choices are small, which says to me that they can do them well!

The food was really good, the portions were a good size and the service was excellent! There was only one problem....I had a hard time getting across to the waiter that I could not have any flour, which is Harina in Spanish. I thought he understood, but then he came back to the table and talked to my husband about his meal and harina....I should have known there was a problem. My fish was definitely dipped in flour in one side. I was sick for the evening after and the next day :(

I understand the problems is with my language barrier, and my lack of good spanish, that is why I am rating it Good, not poor, because the food was really great!

• Visited November 2013
Portland, Oregon
“Best meal of the trip?”
Reviewed September 1, 2013

Very reasonably priced elegance a block off the main drag. Excellent wine selection, attentive service and the food was amazing. We ate and drank too much and we had a fantastic experience.

The atmosphere was surprisingly modern for Tulum yet not totally out of place. We didn't much care for the art on the walls (it's hard to just state out loud... lets just say that if you're a fan of a certain NYC abstract artist from the 80s, you'll have a real problem with the paintings) but the rest of the decor and the music more than made up for that.

Have the arrachera and do order the guacamole.

Visited August 2013
Oslo, Norway
“Beautiful place, and great food.”
Reviewed August 19, 2013

A surprisingly clean, "European style" restaurant with a good atmosphere and a smart composed menu. The staff is nice and the food comes quickly at the table. The prices are in the higher price range in the area, but it's well worth it.

• Visited August 2013