“Excellent food”
Review of Ginger

Ginger
Ranked #133 of 421 Restaurants in Tulum
Cuisines: Mexican, Seafood, Contemporary, Bar
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings, Bar scene, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Ginger is now a hotel and the restaurant has reopened, serving breakfast and lunch to hotel guests and to the public. The menu is new and features delicious recipes by Javier.
Reviewed February 15, 2013

The decor is modern and a bit stark, but go for the food, which is delicious. I especially recommend the spinach salad, but everything we had was good. The basic ingredients are traditional, but the preparation is not. The chef is creative and all the staff friendly. I am recommending this place to others.

Reviewed February 14, 2013

We found this restaurant while wondering the side streets of downtown Tulum. The Staff was very friendly, the decor charming and the food was delicious. The service from the waiter and the Chef was amazing!

Reviewed February 12, 2013

Nice, friendly staff at this small, out of the way restaurant in town. We had a little trouble finding it, but we were glad we did. They have a small menu, but the food was very good and the drinks were too. They have some out of the ordinary options and they were tasty with healthy options.

tulumista, Owner at Ginger, responded to this reviewResponded February 13, 2013

Hi, thanks for your review! We're glad you had a good experience and that you enjoyed the food, cocktails, and the service. We want everyone to have a 5 star experience here - please let us know how we can improve. Thanks, Javier and Morgan

Reviewed February 12, 2013

This place is not on the main drag (although it's only one block behind) and seems to be open only in the evenings. It's a contemporary bar/restaurant well worth seeking out. Great service and great food.

Reviewed February 10, 2013

My husband and I ventured a block off the main street in Tulum to try this restaurant because of the good reviews it had received. We were VERY impressed! When we arrived we were the only people, so we wondered if we should go somewhere else, but were welcomed to come in and sit. The food was so tasty with really complex flavors. I had the goat cheese tart (a huge piece) with a side salad that had an amazing aged balsamic vinaigrette and my husband had the ceviche, very limey and good. Then I had the chicken thighs- I never order chicken in restaurants, but was SO glad I did...it was amazing, with many complimentary flavors. My husband had the fettuccine with shrimp which he really enjoyed. The atmosphere was very simple and chic, although the artwork was...interesting.
All in all a very unexpected delightful restaurant, especially for a small Mexican town.

1  Thank Lands49424