“One of my favorite restaurants of the trip”
Review of Ginger

Ginger
Ranked #129 of 413 Restaurants in Tulum
Cuisines: Mexican, Seafood, Contemporary, Bar
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Bar scene, Local cuisine, Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Ginger is now a hotel and the restaurant has reopened, serving breakfast and lunch to hotel guests and to the public. The menu is new and features delicious recipes by Javier.
Reviewed August 3, 2012

After a lot of research on TA, this was the one restaurant I was most excited to try. It didn't disappoint! We'd picked up a city map at the tourist shack in town and knew exactly how to find it, so no problems there. I was so surprised that there was only one other couple in the restaurant the entire meal. Throughout the trip I began to think that we just ate earlier than most in Tulum, as we had empty restaurants at 7ish, but saw they were more busy around 9. Perhaps most tourists stay on the beach until late? It was Monday, July 16, so a slower season, for sure. I think the previous poster was the other couple there, as I overheard them say they were from Texas!!

We started with drinks and the complimentary appetizer of bread and dipping oil. The oil was incredibly good. The drinks were very good (my husband was able to order a dirty martini here, with olives! Most restaurants told him they didn't have olives?!). I couldn't resist ordering another appetizer... the deep fried Camembert cheese with apple chutney. Oh my, was this yummy! Then I had a pan-seared fish with pineapple salsa that was terrific and my husband had the shrimp pasta, spicy and amazing! The food was EXCELLENT. The service was fantastic...and the place was spotlessly clean. We walked by the kitchen on the way in and out...and we noticed how organized and clean it was. The atmosphere was great. Red walls, interesting nude paintings on the wall that would make for great conversation, and a fan above each table. They are only turned on when someone is dining under them. Smart way to conserve energy. The bill for two drinks, one appetizer and two meals was $50 usd. Very, very reasonable rate.

We loved Ginger and highly recommend it to others. We will go back every trip. We would have eaten here twice, but being our first visit, we wanted to try as many places as we could. Ginger should be on your "must eat here" list when in Tulum.

1  Thank SLN23

Reviewed August 2, 2012

Yes... as it sounds! Javier, the chef and owner, prepared for us (27 people) an AMAZING and DELICIOUS dinner that included a perfect, juicy, flavorful and tender steak that was better than any other I've ever had at other Steakhouses. No kidding! The pasta, the soup, the dessert, and the cocktails were also perfect. The environment and service was exceptional. Perfect place to go for a nice dinner wearing a nice linen shirt and a sexy dress.

Highly recommended!

1  Thank Sashko75
Reviewed July 22, 2012

I had read some reviews about Ginger before arriving in Tulum, and my girlfriend and I decided to try it during our stay. We parked on the main street and walked the block and a half to find the restaurant tucked away but not too difficult to find. We ate dinner on a Monday night, which was obviously the restaurant's slow night, but it was almost like having the restaurant to ourselves. Everything we tried was delicious - the snapper was truly amazing! Our server/bartender Nelson was a delight as well, making our visit a very enjoyable one.

Reviewed July 7, 2012

We enjoyed an excellent dinner at Ginger during our stay in Tulum. While off the main street and a little hard to find, we were so happy that we took the advise of the host of the bed and breakfast we were staying at to discover Ginger,
Beautiful presentation and delicious meal. We had spent a month travelling in Mexico and this was a great way to end our fabulous vacation.

Reviewed June 12, 2012

I always look forward to coming back to Ginger for excellent food and service! The owners are friendly and always greet me when I arrive. My favorites are the ceviche, guacamole, snapper with awesome salsa and the bananas foster for dessert! The bartender is great - best passion fruit mojito in Tulum! I look forward to coming back soon!