“Fantastic experience”

35 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 83 helpful votes
“Fantastic experience”
Reviewed May 16, 2013

There are, in fact, two Cenotes. Water very clear, fantastic formations above and below the water. Economic ( 150 mx pesos) and you do not need a guide (unless you are scuba). Attendants are friendly and place is well equipped. To enjoy it best go early in the morning (8AM) avoiding the tourist rush and clouding of the water. Further in there is another cenote (further 150 pesos) which I heard is very interesting also but a Maya ceremony involving a steam room discourage us to attend. Its a long bumpy ride once you cross the gate but well worth it!

Visited April 2013

London
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Brilliant snorkelling”
Reviewed May 15, 2013

Most varied and interesting of the 3 centoes we visited; lots of staligtites, staligmites and very deep pools to snorkel in - no fish to see but just the rock formations are amazing.

Long way from the road - you definitely need a car or taxi to take you there.

Visited May 2013
Milton, Delaware
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Unbelievable Cenotes”
Reviewed May 14, 2013

We did this as a little side trip and I'm so glad we did! These were one of my favorite Cenotes. We did not get a guide because we had already snorkeled and dove in other cenotes. The guide might have been a good idea, but we were fine without one. The water was crystal clear and cool, and the cenote kept going and going...turned out to be much more than I expect! The caves were super deep and there were more stalagtites and stalagmites than I could ever imagine. I highly recommend doing this!

Visited May 2013
Los Angeles, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Best place for scuba diving!!”
Reviewed May 10, 2013

I went to scuba with a group of friends. I believe that the combination between the guide i was with and the amazing place is what made this experience unforgettable!
It was my 3rd time scuba diving and i was extremely scared of getting underwater, but it was completely worth it and fortunately, everything went out well!

Visited November 2012
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Loved it!”
Reviewed May 9, 2013

This was the first cenote we visited and my husband and I had a great time. We brought our own snorkel gear, but everything is available there in case you need to rent. The water was so refreshing- we brought towels but didn't need them as the hot air felt good and we just air-dryed o the way back to the car. Based on previous reviews we skipped the first eye and went straight to larger one. Great swimming and a beautiful spot to take pictures! Passed by the smaller eye on the way out, glad we spent most of our time in the larger one! No pressure to hire a guide but I wish we had- I was intimidated by the bat cave and afraid to swim under the stalactites to go further beyond. Would go back again.

Visited April 2013