Ways to Experience Cenotes Dos Ojos
from $150.77
from $99.99
from $174.36
6,222 results
All reviews bat cave dos ojos barbie line scuba dive the water is crystal clear rock formations guided tour stalactites and stalagmites snorkeling gear pesos per person dirt road wet suits unique experience beautiful cenote entrance fee life jackets playa del carmen
Selected filters
Reviewed January 17, 2013

amazing place, the bat cave is breathtaking. do take a guide, it is worth it! two hours of snorkling passed like a breeze, the cenote is scary and wonderful at the same time. the water is full of minerals, which are really good for your skin!

3  Thank angren
Reviewed January 14, 2013

Love the caves here. The water here is probably one of the cleanest and most refreshing water I have ever dipped into.

The bat cave was amazing too! I was worried it would be teaming with bats but it's not too bad. Enough to see a few, not walls of bats huddling next to each other.

Take the tour or rent a snorkel and find your own tour. There are some lines under water and if you follow it, you'll find your way around the caves.

3  Thank LakeShark
Reviewed January 14, 2013

Yes, I never knew what a cenote is but after visiting 6 in the area, I liked this one best as a good representation of the formations found in the cenotes. If you have limited time, this is the one to see...

6  Thank IanaT
Reviewed January 14, 2013

We visited Dos Ojos on the first stop on our cenote-hopping tour around Tulum. We knew beforehand that the cenote offered world-class snorkeling and scuba diving but had also heard that you could pay 100 pesos just to swim in the cenotes. When we arrived at the gate, the staff immediately tried to sell us on an expensive snorkeling tour, which would have allowed access to some of the more remote areas of the cenote (like the bat cave). We decided just to pay the entrance fee of 100 pesos, which allowed us to swim in the first cenote (primero ojo) and part of the second cenote. We hired a locker for 30 pesos and put our stuff in the locker, then handed down to the first cenote. Unfortunately, the first cenote wasn't much to look at and was mostly filled with scuba divers, so we went to the second cenote. There, we enjoyed a nice little swim around the cenote, which had great stalagmites and scenery. The water was relatively warm on the 80 degree day.

Though we ended up enjoying swimming around the second cenote, we were annoyed that you had to pay to hire a guide to access the entire cenote. Ultimately, compared to cenotes like Grand Cenote, Dos Ojos is just not that great if your only interest is in swimming. I have no doubt that the cenote is phenomenal if you want to do more than swimming.

7  Thank traveldoc42
Reviewed January 11, 2013

I definitely loved this place. We went as part of a tour so we had goggles, snorkel, and flashlights. You can do most of the place without a flashlight, but even more if you have one so if you can get one for water bring it. I am told this is one of the larger cenotes. The water was 75 degrees in January so just need a swimsuit, no wetsuit, but if you have one you'll just be warmer. We got to see bats in one of the darker areas so that was great. There's just so much to explore when you are basically snorkeling in a cave. The thing I liked about this one is that is felt very open. There was not one area I felt claustraphobic and that was even with a large amount of people in Dos Ojos. That is important to me! There are a lot of divers in deeper areas which you see with the flashlights, but they are way deeper than snorkelers so you won't get in each others way. I would definitely return to this place. The natural beauty of it all was just amazing. If you can just bring a water camera!