“A Beautiful Place to Visit”
Review of Cenotes Dos Ojos

Cenote and Tulum Experience from Cancun
Bountiful, Utah
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“A Beautiful Place to Visit”
Reviewed November 10, 2012 via mobile

Dos Ojos was so beautiful. The water was a little chilly but the sights were just amazing. We had young kids with us and we brought their life jackets from home and they loved swimming around. There weren't very many fish but the caves were amazing. They had snorkel gear and life jackets to rent. We visited during October and it wasn't busy at all, it was so beautiful and secluded. I would recommend a water proof flashlight and some water shoes to make the visit even moored enjoyable.

2 Thank Annelize A

47 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 138 helpful votes
“Absolutely stunning”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

This is one of the best cenotes we have visited on our trip. Of course I wouldn't come here if I was snorkeling, but we took our scuba tanks and did the cavern dive. This is cave-divers' heaven, and the tunnel system is enormous. I really wish I could dive past those cavern-limit signs and just explore the whole thing, since it's so beautiful - crystal-clear waters and a nice halocline at about 30 feet.

1 Thank fivetonine
Tel Aviv, Tel Aviv, Israel
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Clear water, but if you are snorkelling don't expect any fish”
Reviewed November 4, 2012

There are two spots where you can snorkel (the two "eyes"). the water were very clear, especially compared to snorkelling at the sea. However, you shouldn't expect to see too many fish. Bring your own snorkel gear if you can.

Visited November 2012
New York City, New York
“Excellet snorkeling location”
Reviewed October 30, 2012

Clear and beautiful snorkeling. Stunning caves. Consider wearing a wet suit if you've got access to one -- water was chilly.

Orange Park
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Super cool!”
Reviewed October 30, 2012

What a wonder! This was my first time to snorkel and my first time in a cenote. Nature is an amazing thing. Our tour guide was David- we found him in a shop coming out of the tulum ruins. He was super profesional, very patient with my friend who was very scared of tight spaces, lots of information about the caves. I will definitely be using him again when I return to the area. David is like a fish in the water!! He also gave good recommendations on where and what to eat. The next caves I want to see are in Coba.
Yes the water is cool, but you get used to it.