“Top End for Tulum”

Cuisines: Argentinean
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed March 16, 2013 via mobile

I ate here with my family of four, oddly enough because this Argentinian steakhouse was recommended for its vegetarian selections. My daughters had vegetarian crepes and fettuccine Alfredo, and both were very good. My wife had a peppercorn filet and it was a generous, tender cut prepared just right. I tried the Vacio house cut. i ordered it m/r and it came to me with no hint of red or pink whatsoever. When I finally got the waiter's attention he took it back, but there was no apology. While waiting for my steak I familiarized myself with everyone else's food. The Vacio finally arrived and it was not nearly as tender as the filet but it was definitely full-flavored.

Dinner here was pleasant, portions are big, but for the service I found it overpriced by Tulum standards - we spent about $140 for all of us, including wine and one dessert. I would return when I wanted a decent steak and was in a spending mood.

There are newer reviews for El Pequeno Buenos Aires

Reviewed March 15, 2013

We ate the vacio steak here, cooked to perfection - medium rare for us and it just melted as we ate it. We didn't know mexico had red wine but they do and it was excellent! sides are good but not avtually neccesary ig you order a full portion , you get more than enough meat. Staff are very friendly and most speak good english which helps when your spanish is as bad as mine. Very relaxed atmosphere and a good location to continue your night out afterwards. It is on the expensive side og mexican prices but very cheap compared to food of this standard in europe, especially norway! We enjoyed it so much we visited several times on our holiday.

Reviewed March 5, 2013

Go hungry as you will be well fed. It is located on the main drag through Tulum and it is well worth finding. There are loads of places to eat on the street. We had a steak and shrimp skewer that was excellent.

Reviewed February 19, 2013

nice place but far away from a real argentinian steak.
app and side dishes were very good
the place is all right, little pricy in my opinion

Reviewed February 12, 2013

The owner told me that the vacio steak is their best cut. I ordered it, it was a deception. Hard and tasteless. Nothing to do with an Argentinian steak. Appetizers were ok, the owner is very cordial, service is not particularly professional but it is ok as well, but the quality of the meat is really substandard.