“clean, very nice”

super clean.
ample parking
safe surroundings very quiet
no iron available this is my 1st complaint
2nd complaint; breakfast is just toast, coffee and juice. no more.
3rd i opened a door, thinking that it was the door to the restroom, and found myself at another room.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Kamloops
Reviewed February 19, 2014 via mobile

When we first arrived in Tulum we found our reservations were lost at the hotel we thought we were staying at. We went down the road and found a lovely hotel at Kin Ha. Shaded, nicely decorated with a complimentary breakfast and friendly staff. Economical and located to great restaurants and nightlife.

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Monmouthshire, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 7, 2014

Clean, spacious rooms in a single storey building arranged around a courtyard with hammocks outside each room.  Quiet area of town but close enough to main street with restaurants.  No aircon but does have a ceiling fan (for price, I would expect aircon).  Friendly, helpful staff.  Basic breakfast of bread, jam, juice and coffee served on roof terrace.  Use of sister hotel's beach facilities (loungers) and 10% discount on food and drinks, but you need to make your own way there (collectivos run infrequently and are crowded; too far to walk - we did and regretted it; best to get a taxi).  Poor value for money (we paid 700 peso for one night), though Tulum is an expensive place to stay. Tulum town is pretty rubbish - maybe better to spend a little more and get a place actually on the beach.

Room Tip: Find a hotel next to beach instead
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank LKC082013
Gothenburg, Sweden
Reviewed January 20, 2014

Made a reservation at the hotel when in Tulum for the following night. When we arrived the next day they for check-in they had no room available for us. They told us that they had taken on an internet booking instead as we had not paid a deposit. A deposit they did not inform us about at the time of booking.

They had our phonenumber and emailadress so it would have been easy to contact us to inform us about the reservation/deposit. Would definitely not reccomend this place!

Stayed January 2014
2 Thank Sunnies80

Travelers are raving about these Tulum hotels

Austin, Texas
Reviewed January 7, 2014

We stayed here for four nights in the middle of our backpacking trip through Quintana Roo. I was sick a good bit of the time due to some questionable food from a vendor in town. Thankfully, this hotel was a fantastic place to rest up and recover. We were only supposed to stay for three nights but ended up staying one more because of the sickness. The management was very kind and helpful during the stay.

The rooms are super clean and very cute. Bathroom was standard Mexico (open windows, thin toilet paper), but with a shower with good water pressure and all working parts.

There was no tv in our room - which I think might be standard for this place - but that was actually nice for a change. Another benefit was that the WiFi was great, so we could just lay in bed and look at the internet when we were resting.

The main street is just two blocks down (I am frankly not sure why people find this place difficult to find, it's really accessible). There are tons of restaurants, a bank/atm, access to colectivos/taxis, all within a two minute walk. The beach, however, is further away. Walking is possible, but taxi is probably the way to go. It's roughly 3 km. to the beach. Beautiful beach, worth the effort, but just know that this hotel is not remotely near the beach, per se. The town is not necessarily anything to look at, but it is probably more affordable than places on the beach.

We had a really fun time just tooling around and eating in different places when I was well enough to do so. The pharmacy just down the block from the hotel was very helpful with my ailment (and is open 24 hours) and that was really a comfort. *Hot tip, if you are having Montezuma's Revenge - ask for a medicine called Treda. It's a miracle drug.

We came across this hotel because of a discount that was offered online, but I would definitely stay there again. We felt safe and well taken care of. Every room has a hammock on the porch. Seriously cute.

I probably got the best sleep in this hotel on our whole trip. The beds were pretty comfy (compared) and we were able to score some extra blankets so we could turn the AC on without freezing to death.

Room Tip: I would assume that all the rooms are similar. It's such a cute little place with a central cour...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Victoria R
Reviewed January 4, 2014

We initially booked with this hotel for our stay in Tulum town. They were very responsive to my emails inquiring about reservations. However, when we decided to book somewhere else instead, the tables turned. Somehow the hotel had double booked our reservation through (we were told) a VISA glitch. They refunded the first charge right away on cancellation but despite 14 days of trying to get them to refund the second deposit, we were unsuccessful. We ultimately contacted VISA to challenge the charge.
Beware.

Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank CynthiaShimer
Newark, New Jersey
Reviewed October 5, 2013

It was hard to find, and it certainly didn't help that we were arriving late. The hotel is smack in the middle of a community of the main road, so it's easy to miss as it looks like just another housing complex. The receptionist was outside as I don't think they have room for indoor check-in. And though it was different from any other check-in experience I've ever had, the guy was nice, so that helps. But I guess that works when you have great weather. When we got in the room the door wouldn't close fully, needless to say that was creepy. And you get a clear view of the outside courtyard, which means those in the courtyard could get a clear view of you. It took me a while to get comfortable cause I really wanted to leave. But after listening to a full blown Skype conversation that our neighbor was having (I mean so clear I could've joined in) I started to relax realizing that there probably wasn't anyone out to kill me and plus I wasn't alone. Probably wouldn't have stayed if I was though. Didn't see breakfast, just tea/coffee and toast I think. Not sure, I left.

Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple