“Our best recommendations!!!”

and up
Kiteboarding Class in Tulum
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Extreme Control Adventure Kitesurfing, Kiteboarding, Paddleboarding and Scuba Diving School located in Tulum has been the first Professional Kiteboard School in the Riviera Maya and Yucatan operating since 2004 and offering top quality service to students from all over the globe about kiteboarding, paddleboarding and scuba diving. The worm winds and warm Caribbean water create an ideal environment to learn or improve your kitesurfing, diving or paddleboarding skills. Their team of instructors are expert kiteboarders, IKO Certified and multilingual with over 5/10 years experience teaching and riding. Extreme Control is the first school in Tulum teaching kiteboarding with the Short Line Method and Radio Helmet, where the use of 7/10 meter lines helps students learn how to pilot the kite without full power and the Radio Helmets helps the student to receive a feedback real time from the instructor all the time, making the learning process safer, faster and more fun! With this method, the majority of the students are able to independently fly the kite in 6 hours! The goal is to create responsible and independent kiters so everyone can continue to enjoy this sport throughout the world. Summer and Fall are great months to go Stand Up Paddleboarding in Tulum where you can enjoy an amazing snorkeling cenotes tour.
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Lockers / storage, Food available for purchase, Bathroom facilities, Activities for young children
Reviewed January 14, 2014 via mobile

Marco you get our best recommendations!!!!
You did our visit in Tulum our visit in Tulum very good thanks to your advise about what to do and where to eat!

Me and my girlfriend visited Tulum for sun, Kite, Chichén Itzá and cenotes.
Marco helpt us with everything! (Even sun)

Kiting:
We kited booth in Tulum and when the wind in Tulum was bad we went to Isla Blanka together with the crew. Lessons are really good and the crew with Marco is really helpfull, serious and good teachers. I have kited some before and developed my skills and my girlfriend is a beginner and we are booth very plesant.

Diving in Cenotes:
Marco helped us get fantastic diving in the cenotes with the great guy Budgie.

Cichén Itzá:
We could also book a really good tour to visit one of the seven new wounders of the world through Marco.

Living:
Through him we hade good recommendations for accomendations by the beach and also living in an apartment in town that was newly built.

Marco is very helpful and a really nice guy! He gets our best recommendations!

///Fredrick and Kajsa from Sweden

Marco C, Owner at Extreme Control, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2014

HI Guys better later than never, here my biggest thanks for this review, I really happy to know you had great time with us in Tulum and you find so helpful our help ! this is our mission
I hope to see you soon again in Tulum or some other place around the world.

saludos Marco

Reviewed January 12, 2014

Extreme Control Kiteboarding School is a great place to take lessons for kiteboarding, scuba diving and paddle-boarding. I found Extreme Control's owner, Marco Christofanelli and his instructors: Robbie, Fredrico, Roman, and Alexandro to be extremely professional, helpful and friendly. They take the time to access your current skill level and establish a lesson plan that works for you. When the wind is not strong enough, lessons are rescheduled and other activities are available. I did three cenote (cavern) dives during non-wind days. When conditions are appropriate, Extreme Control will also arrange for reasonably priced group excursions to Isla Blanca to take advantage of strong northerly winds and a protected, shallow lagoon.

I recommend Extreme Control for beginners new to the sport and those who are looking to improve their skills on twin tips or surf boards.

Also, I'd offer a more general recommendation for kiting, diving and paddle-boarding. Marco and his crew are fantastic and the beach they are on is wonderful. Even non-kiters will enjoy spending time on the soft, white sand and in the warm, shallow waves.

1  Thank Robert S

Hi thanks a lot for all the beautiful word about our team and operation, we try to offer the best we can and have the client feeling at home.......looks like we are doing right !!!
hope to see you guys in the water soon rinding and having fun !

take it easy

Extreme Control

Reviewed January 4, 2014 via mobile

My 16 year old son and I had a fantastic dive in Dos Ojos with our British born guide Budgie. It was the closest experience I have had to flying as in my dreams. Budgie was tuned to our dive skill and interests and gave us a very personalized experience. Brendon at Extreme Control did an awesome job setting it all up via email. Highly recommended. Jay

marc0, Owner at Extreme Control, responded to this reviewResponded January 5, 2014

Hi Jay we really happy to know you enjoyed your time with us, we work hard to give the best service as possible, we know you have dreaming this holiday for long time and we try to make your dream become reality !!!
hope see you soon again for more adventures !!!

Reviewed December 29, 2013

Perfect combination, great instructors and beautiful location. The team from Extreme Control are professional and knowledgable. The course was very though covering weather and water conditions, kite rigging and safety. And plenty of hands-on kite work on the beach and in the surf. I took the first part of the class in a group and returned the next morning for 1 on 1 kite and surf instruction. I would highly recommend Extreme Control to anyone wanting in learning the sport of kiteboarding.

Hi Thanks a lot for your review and input, we are proud to be offering great lessons and costumer service.
I hope to see you soon in the water again soon.

Take it easy

Extreme Control Team

Reviewed December 26, 2013

For $70 USD I had private lesson with Ilaria. She was very good at explaining the mechanics of the board, paddle and how to utilize core and legs for best control on the water--all this before we even entered the water. I do not swim-I can float, but with my life jacket and Ilaria as my teacher by my side I conquered some choppy waves on my board. I enjoyed the beauty of a Tulum beach on the water while getting a great workout. And learned a bit about the international community that is Tulum from Ilaria. I highly recommend!

Hi so happy you had such great time here in Tulum, we now offer many other paddleboarding tours and we really hope you will be back to try these out.
Ilaria say thanks, for the nice review.

We all hope see you soon again for more adventure !!!

ciao Marco