“Local and SUP Rentals. A+” 5 of 5 bubbles

and up
Kiteboarding Class in Tulum
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Extreme Control Adventure Kitesurfing, Kiteboarding, Paddleboarding and Scuba Diving School located in Tulum has been the first Professional Kiteboard School in the Riviera Maya and Yucatan operating since 2004 and offering top quality service to students from all over the globe about kiteboarding, paddleboarding and scuba diving. The worm winds and warm Caribbean water create an ideal environment to learn or improve your kitesurfing, diving or paddleboarding skills. Their team of instructors are expert kiteboarders, IKO Certified and multilingual with over 5/10 years experience teaching and riding. Extreme Control is the first school in Tulum teaching kiteboarding with the Short Line Method and Radio Helmet, where the use of 7/10 meter lines helps students learn how to pilot the kite without full power and the Radio Helmets helps the student to receive a feedback real time from the instructor all the time, making the learning process safer, faster and more fun! With this method, the majority of the students are able to independently fly the kite in 6 hours! The goal is to create responsible and independent kiters so everyone can continue to enjoy this sport throughout the world. Summer and Fall are great months to go Stand Up Paddleboarding in Tulum where you can enjoy an amazing snorkeling cenotes tour.
Useful Information: Activities for young children, Food available for purchase, Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities, Lockers / storage
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 43 helpful votes
“Local and SUP Rentals. A+”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2013

We took a day trip to Tulum from Playa Del Carmen. After visiting the ruins we took the south entrance out of the park and headed about a mile down the road to Playa Esperanza and El Paraiso in search of Extreme Control. This business came highly recommended by a friend. We made tentative reservations a day earlier via email for two stand up paddle boards. Tulum beach and the playa esperanza were absolutely beautiful and perfect as compared to Playa or Cancun. And much less crowed. Upon arrival our boards were ready, but unfortunately I must have gotten too much sun at the ruins or on the walk because my skin wasn't able to go in the sun. the worker at extreme kites gave me aloe and pointed me in the direction of El Paraiso for lunch instead of SUP. So we didn't get to SUP, but we will definitely be back and hopefully next time it will be to KITE and SUP. El Paraiso was awesome. im sure the room are great too. A+ for customer service. SUP rentals were about $20US per hour and the quality looked very nice. and the water here was flat and nicer for SUP as compared to other option.
Thanks Marco.

Visited April 2013
marc0, Owner at Extreme Control, responded to this review, May 2, 2013
HI thanks a lot for your review, I really happy to know you had a great experience with Tulum and Extreme Control staff, we really hope to see you again to share more about our passions.

Have a great day

marco

Solon, Ohio
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Incredibly helpful and fun!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2013

My friend and I happened past Extreme Control during a drive through Tulum. Our decision to go inside ended up being one of the best things we did during our trip to Mexico. The staff was incredibly informative, helpful, and friendly. We booked a dive/snorkel trip to several nearby cenotes, and were pointed in the direction of some great kitesurfing spots a couple hours north where Marco was working with some students. I'm not a kitesurfer, but my friend loved the spots we found with the help of Jesus, Heather, Marco and the rest of the staff. All of the recommended kitesurfing spots were absolutely beautiful, with consistent side-shore winds... and most were nearly empty. We really appreciated advice from a "local's perspective", and ended up seeing some amazing things "off the beaten path" that we never would have found on our own. This business really has a great thing going, and I hope to see all of them again sometime soon! They really made our time in Mexico complete, and I'd recommend them to anyone looking for adventure in the Tulum area!

Visited April 2013
marc0, Owner at Extreme Control, responded to this review, April 29, 2013
Hi guys!, thanks for posting your comments. Super cool that you enjoyed your trip here and were able to join us for Kiteboarding in some of our favorite secret spots. It was a pleasure to meet you both and help with your vacation plans. Come back and see us again for some more kiteboarding adventures.
Highland Park, Illinois
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Kiteboarding lessons”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2013

Extreme Kiteboarding is a great kiteboarding school. A great and beautiful location, and incredibly knowledgeable, friendly and patient staff. Gabriel was my instructor and he was great. A great place to learn kiteboarding. Not only did they want you to learn the sport but your safety was very important. Highly recommended

Visited December 2012
marc0, Manager at Extreme Control, responded to this review, March 13, 2013
Thank you so much for posting your comments. We are delighted that you had a great time with us learning to kiteboard. Hopefully we will see you back in Tulum soon!
Amsterdam
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Just pure fun!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 8, 2013

What a great location the guys of Extreme control found in the Quintanaroo region. The beach is just caribean magic, great food and lots of wind. As a beginner I started out with a beginner course and they just did an amazing job. Now I will practice what I learned and hope to see you guys next year as a intermediate! :)

Great staff
Great gear
Great lessons
Great place.

Thanks!

Visited January 2013
marc0, Manager at Extreme Control, responded to this review, March 13, 2013
Thanks for posting your comments! We are so happy you had fun with us. We look forward to seeing you again soon.
Chicago, Illinois
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Thanks to Marco we are a kitesurfing family!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2013

We landed in Tulum few years ago and my husband decided to learn how to kitesurf. At the time the only kitesurfing school was extreme control kitesurfing school. We met Marco for the first time without a reservation and he welcomed us as friends. He explained the course of the lessons and the fare he would charge. He was very enthusiastic and could instill in us his passion for kitesurfing. Teachers at the school are very skilled and very patient! My husband started then and he is an excellent kitesurfer now! I decided to learn few years later and the school was still very well run and equipment is always neat and new.
I learned to kitesurf at 35 thanks to extreme control! Every time we go back to Tulum we practice and learn a little more.My son Marco was always welcome at the school while we were learning and started to get familiar with this sport at a very young age. Marco was always very helpful and kept his enthusiasm while teaching him. This February my young boy was flying on the waves!! What an accomplishment!
Thank you Marco!!

marc0, Owner at Extreme Control, responded to this review, March 12, 2013
Thanks a lot for this review, has been my pleasure to teach kiteboarding to all you guys, see the all family learn and having fun all these years. I can say, with out people like you will not make sense what we do.
A really special thanks to have been coming back all the years and let us sharing our passion with you.
Hope to meet you again soon.