“Great Experience 10/10”

and up
Kiteboarding Class in Tulum
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Extreme Control Adventure Kitesurfing, Kiteboarding, Paddleboarding and Scuba Diving School located in Tulum has been the first Professional Kiteboard School in the Riviera Maya and Yucatan operating since 2004 and offering top quality service to students from all over the globe about kiteboarding, paddleboarding and scuba diving. The worm winds and warm Caribbean water create an ideal environment to learn or improve your kitesurfing, diving or paddleboarding skills. Their team of instructors are expert kiteboarders, IKO Certified and multilingual with over 5/10 years experience teaching and riding. Extreme Control is the first school in Tulum teaching kiteboarding with the Short Line Method and Radio Helmet, where the use of 7/10 meter lines helps students learn how to pilot the kite without full power and the Radio Helmets helps the student to receive a feedback real time from the instructor all the time, making the learning process safer, faster and more fun! With this method, the majority of the students are able to independently fly the kite in 6 hours! The goal is to create responsible and independent kiters so everyone can continue to enjoy this sport throughout the world. Summer and Fall are great months to go Stand Up Paddleboarding in Tulum where you can enjoy an amazing snorkeling cenotes tour.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Lockers / storage, Activities for older children, Food available for purchase, Activities for young children
Reviewed February 14, 2013

I had booked early for some kite boarding lessons while in the UK, (gets you a reduction). Marco was very helpful and got me a refresher course as I had done three hours training on kites at Watergate Bay in Cornwall.

Manolo a young Mexican guy showed me how to set the rig up and patiently explained it all. We went out and he got me body surfing, (no board). The first time you accelerate and come out of the water you feel you are flying. I had more fun in those three hours than I have had in years of windsurfing.

I came back two days later for another lesson, less wind so more on the finer points of kite control, self rescue and kite care.

Manolo was really good, excellent English and a brilliant trainer.

Extreme Control is not cheap but the equipment and training is first class. You get what you pay for. Thanks very much guys. I'll be back.

marc0, Owner at Extreme Control, responded to this reviewResponded February 20, 2013

Hi , thanks a lot for the review, was really nice see you enjoying so much the kiteboarding lesson , that for us is a really important see our costumer having fun, we think kiteboarding is a great activities for every one !!,

Hope see u soon again .

Marco

Reviewed January 28, 2013

We were hit with 2 straight days of rain during our stay in Tulum and went looking for alternative things to do, since the beach was out. We were staying at Playa Esperanza (AMAZING!). Next door to Playa Esperanza is the Extreme Control Kiteboarding School and Spa. My husband, I and the two friends we were traveling with all signed up for an hour massage. They even offered us a 20% discount because there were 4 of us. This was the best massage any of us have ever had. It turned a rainy day into something great. We were all so relaxed after and had one of the best nights of our trip after getting rid of all the tensions we brought along from home. I wish I would have gotten a photo of the Spa, it's SOOOOO nice and you can hear the ocean waves, yet it's private at the same time. Thank you Extreme Control :D

marc0, Owner at Extreme Control, responded to this reviewResponded February 7, 2013

thanks for the comment so nice, it's a pleasure for us to know that even though the time was bad, you and your friends left the stress in our hands. we try make everything whit love and dedication.
we hope see you soon!!!!

Reviewed January 22, 2013

My wife and I came down from Playa del Carmen for the day specifically to do this stand up paddling tour. We instantly thought Tulum and this beach location was great, especially compared to Playa. We had a great day out on the water with Marco on the Downstream Tour. One thing I'd note from having rented stand up paddle boards a number of times at a few locations, they have really nice, high quality boards and paddles. Marco is very cool- he provided water and snacks. We all had some experience paddling before so no instruction was really needed so I cannot give input on a "lesson" per se. It was a great laid back afternoon seeing beautiful Tulum from the water.

marc0, Owner at Extreme Control, responded to this reviewResponded January 24, 2013

great shared experience! We are very pleased to have done this with you maybe next time we can try some kitesurfing lessons!! hope to see you soon!

Reviewed January 20, 2013

took 6 hours of classes with Extreme control, and I can easily reccomend them to anyone starting to learn kitesurfing. Very professional and friendly approach, good and clear instructions were given. The instructors speak English very well and are real professionals. In three days I learned all the basics, and, although, I still cannot kitesurf fully, I am looking forward to coming back and continuing education with Extreme control. Particular thanks to Gabi, my instructor and Marco, the owner, it was a pleasure.

marc0, Owner at Extreme Control, responded to this reviewResponded January 21, 2013

hello! good day! glad to know that you spent a good time with us and most importantly you learned and you had fun doing kitesirfing. I hope to see you soon in Tulum

Reviewed January 19, 2013

Had a great time with this knowledgable and fun group of guys. My wife bought me a three hour class to get the basics down. I did another two hours the next day and would have done more but time ran out. What a great way to enjoy an already exquisite place. I'll be back.

marc0, Owner at Extreme Control, responded to this reviewResponded January 20, 2013

hello time ran out for now because you can always come back and we will be happy to receive you again and again whenever you want and you know where to find us hope to see you soon!!!!!!!!!