“Great afternoon of Stand Up Paddling!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Extreme Control

and up
Kiteboarding Class in Tulum
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Extreme Control Adventure Kitesurfing, Kiteboarding, Paddleboarding and Scuba Diving School located in Tulum has been the first Professional Kiteboard School in the Riviera Maya and Yucatan operating since 2004 and offering top quality service to students from all over the globe about kiteboarding, paddleboarding and scuba diving. The worm winds and warm Caribbean water create an ideal environment to learn or improve your kitesurfing, diving or paddleboarding skills. Their team of instructors are expert kiteboarders, IKO Certified and multilingual with over 5/10 years experience teaching and riding. Extreme Control is the first school in Tulum teaching kiteboarding with the Short Line Method and Radio Helmet, where the use of 7/10 meter lines helps students learn how to pilot the kite without full power and the Radio Helmets helps the student to receive a feedback real time from the instructor all the time, making the learning process safer, faster and more fun! With this method, the majority of the students are able to independently fly the kite in 6 hours! The goal is to create responsible and independent kiters so everyone can continue to enjoy this sport throughout the world. Summer and Fall are great months to go Stand Up Paddleboarding in Tulum where you can enjoy an amazing snorkeling cenotes tour.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Activities for young children, Food available for purchase, Lockers / storage, Activities for older children
Atlanta, Georgia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great afternoon of Stand Up Paddling!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 22, 2013

My wife and I came down from Playa del Carmen for the day specifically to do this stand up paddling tour. We instantly thought Tulum and this beach location was great, especially compared to Playa. We had a great day out on the water with Marco on the Downstream Tour. One thing I'd note from having rented stand up paddle boards a number of times at a few locations, they have really nice, high quality boards and paddles. Marco is very cool- he provided water and snacks. We all had some experience paddling before so no instruction was really needed so I cannot give input on a "lesson" per se. It was a great laid back afternoon seeing beautiful Tulum from the water.

Visited January 2013
marc0, Owner at Extreme Control, responded to this review, January 24, 2013
great shared experience! We are very pleased to have done this with you maybe next time we can try some kitesurfing lessons!! hope to see you soon!

New York City, New York
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“really enjoyed my course”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2013

took 6 hours of classes with Extreme control, and I can easily reccomend them to anyone starting to learn kitesurfing. Very professional and friendly approach, good and clear instructions were given. The instructors speak English very well and are real professionals. In three days I learned all the basics, and, although, I still cannot kitesurf fully, I am looking forward to coming back and continuing education with Extreme control. Particular thanks to Gabi, my instructor and Marco, the owner, it was a pleasure.

Visited January 2013
marc0, Owner at Extreme Control, responded to this review, January 21, 2013
hello! good day! glad to know that you spent a good time with us and most importantly you learned and you had fun doing kitesirfing. I hope to see you soon in Tulum
“Thank you Marco!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 19, 2013

Had a great time with this knowledgable and fun group of guys. My wife bought me a three hour class to get the basics down. I did another two hours the next day and would have done more but time ran out. What a great way to enjoy an already exquisite place. I'll be back.

marc0, Owner at Extreme Control, responded to this review, January 20, 2013
hello time ran out for now because you can always come back and we will be happy to receive you again and again whenever you want and you know where to find us hope to see you soon!!!!!!!!!
Munich
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“Great kite boarding at Tulum with Extreme Control (Mario)”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 23, 2012

I was in Tulum for a week and had the opportunity to learn kite boarding from scratch. My "teacher" was Mario who is fluent in Italian, German and English. He is a very capable and nice guy. I can really recommend the school (very professional and safety first orientated) as well as the kite trainer Mario.

Visited December 2012
marc0, Owner at Extreme Control, responded to this review, December 25, 2012
Hi thanks a lot to dedicate parti of your time to write a so nice review, we are really happy you had good time with us and we really hope to meet you again and keep showing you the beautiful of this incredible sport

Have a great time and thanks a lot.
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Extreme Control = Extreme Enjoyment”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 16, 2012

The way Extreme Control has designed the way to teach the mastering of the Kitesurfing is just perfect... Only to imagine that you have to handle that huge kite while in the water is scary, but the expertice of the instructors of Extreme Control show perfectly well how to go little by little changing that fear by control... In a blink of an eye and with some practice you will be handling that kite beautifully... Then going to the water is an amazing step to confirm that you are ready for the rush of excitement while mastering your kite and board... I am very happy to have them has my guides and instructors because the kitesurfing sport it's just AMAZING, and Extreme Control knows how to do it.

Thank you so much and see you soon...
Andrea

marc0, Owner at Extreme Control, responded to this review, December 25, 2012
Hola trans a lot to dedicate a little bit of time to write a review, we really happy for it and really happy you had good time
Hope see u soon again here.